General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Default London Rioting

I hope everyone stays safe. I honestly cannot believe how fast this has all escalated, I was in the Croydon area earlier today and it was all normal, now it's on fire and ruined.

I am thoroughly disgusted with those involved, there's just no excuse. My sympathies go out to everyone affected, I never thought I would feel unsafe within my own home.

Despite what's being said about the Police, I'm grateful for them putting themselves out there and doing their best. Lets hope they can put a stop to it before more people have to suffer any loss.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I admit I had to go and research about the riots--what a tragic situation for all involved. Please stay safe--praying for you.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:04 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Please, everyone, keep praying for us/sending us positive thoughts according to your viewpoints.

Watching London is absolutely terrifying and, frankly, no city feels safe, it could break out anywhere. I slept downstairs last night, with the dogs at my feet, so I could be ready if I had to evacuate, and a bucket of water behind the letterbox in case of something incendiary being put through. The police helicopter was overhead most of the night. Life is scary at the moment.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

What started this?? Saw on Yahoo news that there were children involved!! I know two young children over there right now!! Hoping all our 3fc family and others are safe over there.

Last edited by CrystalZ10; 08-09-2011 at 03:19 AM.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:25 AM   #5  
Happy Plodder

A lot of the perpetrators are very young teens.
Police also hampered by hundreds of people, young and older, out spectating on the streets.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I've been following the news as closely as I can, as I have friends in London and other parts of the UK. I'm shocked, however, by how little news coverage there is here in the States.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the UK chicks, and everyone else over there. Stay safe!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

....."The violence we have seen is simply inexcusable. Ordinary people have had their lives turned upside down by this mindless thuggery," police commander Christine Jones said.

London's police said 14 people were injured, including a man in his 60s with life-threatening injuries. It was unclear if the man who died had been among them.

The rioters appeared to have little unifying cause -- though some claimed to oppose sharp government spending cuts, which will slash welfare payments and cut tens of thousands of public sector jobs through 2015.

But many were attracted simply by the opportunity for violence. "Come join the fun!" shouted one youth in the east London suburb of Hackney, where shops were attacked and cars torched.

Rioters were left virtually unchallenged in several neighborhoods and able to plunder from stores at will or attempt to invade homes. Restaurants and stores fearful of looting closed early across London.........

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08...#ixzz1UXNDj2A7
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Stay safe, everyone that has to be in the midst of that! <3 That's scary, and I'll have you in my thoughts!!! I can't imagine how scary that must be!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #9  
Happy Plodder

There's no political point to it at all, just greed and agression. Very scary.

So far my city's been mostly quiet but a burning car run into my neighbouring church and riot police up and down that road. All quiet at the moment.