3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Anyone watching Extreme Couponing on the 6th? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/229812-anyone-watching-extreme-couponing-6th.html)

cbmare 04-04-2011 08:16 PM

Anyone watching Extreme Couponing on the 6th?

I did watch the one in Dec. I couldn't believe how much these people depend on couponing. I have no problem with using coupons but I just can't see buying 100 candy bars just because you have a coupon that makes it free. It seems like an addiction but I have to say that I did learn some things.

One guy in the Dec. show donated a lot of cereal to his church's food pantry. I can see getting that in a huge quantity.

stacygee 04-04-2011 08:32 PM

I have it set to record!

CandyCoatedSymphony 04-04-2011 08:32 PM

Oh yes I definitely am :) I started doing the whole coupon thing when I got laid off & needed to save every single penny. I started finding great websites & getting the Sundays paper. I usually save $10-$15 when I clip coupons and now I do NOT go shopping w/o checking for coupons. They really make a difference. I saw a preview of this show last week & am very excited to start watching :) Hopefully they offer some good tips or websites! Can't wait! :carrot:

Bac0s 04-04-2011 08:36 PM

Yep! I'm watching. I can.not believe people spend 6-8 hours a day couponing (the folks on the 1 hour special supposedly did, anyway).

sz12wannabe 04-04-2011 08:59 PM

What channel and when? I have started the dreaded couponing again....the fun of the hunt!

cbmare 04-04-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sz12wannabe (Post 3791574)
What channel and when? I have started the dreaded couponing again....the fun of the hunt!

TLC Here's a link.

http://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/pr...eme-couponing/

Ciao 04-05-2011 02:27 AM

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/a...clipart2-1.png

I saw the ones in December and my
mouth literally dropped. It's a
pretty cool show and I'll be sure
to watch the one(s) on the 6th.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/clipart2.png

SweetScrumptious 04-05-2011 03:08 AM

I totally watched the episode in December - me and my boyfriend were in awe. He thinks it's totally a brilliant idea to become a couponer but I don't think I have the time or patience for it! The majority of those people on that show make couponing their full-time job... !

So, yup - I will be tuning in on the 6th :D

Crystalx5 04-05-2011 08:45 AM

I'll be watching this show- with a little bit of envy that apparently someone out there can get over $600 worth of groceries for just over $6. I wish I had coupons that could save me money like that.

JustSharing83 04-05-2011 01:33 PM

I'm going to watch! I haven't seen it before, but the idea is really fascinating to me!

beerab 04-05-2011 02:53 PM

What on earth are they going to do with all that salad dressing and cereal and other foods that have expiration dates? I mean the dude that had enough deodorant to last 150 years is that even necessary? I mean I get that you want to buy those things but it can only last so long.

I dutifully use coupons each week, I cut out everything I'll buy and keep it for use- I have a mini accordian organizer I use for coupons, and it's great to save what I am, but I think what they are doing is a bit too much. Unless you are buying for large groups seriously what are you going to do with all that?! lol. I don't fault them for it I just don't see it being beneficial for me beyond the couponing I do. I am not dumpster diving for more coupon books either!

cbmare 04-05-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerab (Post 3792832)
What on earth are they going to do with all that salad dressing and cereal and other foods that have expiration dates? I mean the dude that had enough deodorant to last 150 years is that even necessary? I mean I get that you want to buy those things but it can only last so long.

My feelings exactly. These people have rooms and garages lined with shelves for their stuff. I did like the guy who donated to the food pantry at church.

But I'm watching it anyway.

zoritsa 04-06-2011 09:52 PM

I'd love to be able to clip more coupons,but there are certain brands we use for certain reasons,and so if there isn't a coupon for it and I need it,I have to buy it (mostly things like laundry detergent,soap,and deoderant type items that my husband is sensitive to).Not only that,but I noticed one woman....most of her items were all processed junk foods.While my kids would be in pop-tart and pop heaven,I normally skip those aisles in the first place.

Tell me where I can find coupons for meat,fresh veggies and fruits and I will gladly coupon for days :dizzy:

saef 04-06-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoritsa (Post 3795049)
Tell me where I can find coupons for meat,fresh veggies and fruits and I will gladly coupon for days

That's exactly the problem for me. Most of my shopping cart is full of perishable goods from the periphery of the store, and I rarely come across coupons for fresh fish or meat, vegetables or fruit. For that, I've got to watch the fliers vigilantly for "in-store specials."

But I do look carefully for coupons for Fleischmann's yeast; Almond Breeze; paper towels, toilet paper, tissues; zip-lock bags; tampons; vitamins; yogurt, & suchlike. But they would have to be things I'd use, and soon, too. I live in a New York-size apartment, and around here, we just don't have the storage & the second freezers & etc. of your typical American suburban house.

shcirerf 04-07-2011 08:52 AM

I love the principle, but it's not feasible for me. There is no store around here that doubles coupons or gives the $10 off of a $50 purchase. Sometimes even with a coupon, I find the store brand is cheaper than the name brand.

However, right now, with my club card from a small local store, I can get ketchup for free. We use that, so I need to pick up several bottles.