3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Anyone watching Extreme Couponing on the 6th? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/229812-anyone-watching-extreme-couponing-6th.html)

bargoo 04-07-2011 09:20 AM

I do use coupons occaisionally. Last night I saw a lady buy 77 jars of mustard ! What in the heck are you gonna do with 77 jars of mustard. ? They will probably outlive her. I think this is just another way of hoarding, Although perhaps a little more organized but a good portion of their purchase will pass their expiration date long before they get to use them.

Coondocks 04-07-2011 12:10 PM

I get the coupon appeal, but from the sounds of it (i didn't watch) it seems like some of them are bordering on hoarders.

That would just drive me nuts having that much stuff around.

Munchy 04-07-2011 01:47 PM

I can understand mustard more than 40 packages of lunchmeat! That doesn't even freeze well.
The original one back a few months had that one woman who refuted people's claims that there are no coupons for healthy options. There are a few, but not really...certainly not the bulk of food like these people are purchasing.
I never see coupons for fresh produce!

Amy8888 04-07-2011 02:07 PM

I thought Jaime was just horrible. She thought she looked all posh but uh, no. She didn't need 70 bottles of mustard, she just wanted to prove a point. I'd be pissed if I needed mustard and showed up at the store after her. The 40 packages of meat are hardly meat at all...it's those Buddig things that are extremely processed, even by deli meat standards. And from what I've been reading online, she engages in some highly questionable practices with regard to couponing.

This is definitely a form of hoarding, except that the hoarders here are also self-righteous because they think they are doing something amazing.

zoritsa 04-07-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shcirerf (Post 3795495)
I love the principle, but it's not feasible for me. There is no store around here that doubles coupons or gives the $10 off of a $50 purchase. Sometimes even with a coupon, I find the store brand is cheaper than the name brand.

However, right now, with my club card from a small local store, I can get ketchup for free. We use that, so I need to pick up several bottles.

See,that's the other thing.I don't have any stores near me that double or triple their coupons.In fact,I hadn't hear of that in years! I must be shopping in wrong places,lol.I'll stick to looking through the coupons still...but I wont go out of my way to get the best deals on junk that I don't need.

cbmare 04-07-2011 04:43 PM

7 kids and no closet space? How stupid is that? I treasure every inch of closet space in my matchbox manor. I could not think of using them for TP, paper towels and such. Where does her family put their clothes or do they wear 1 outfit while the other is in the wash?

I've got to find the online discussions that Amy mentioned.

cbmare 04-07-2011 08:25 PM

Dag Nab It! The second episode didn't record. There was some sort of error. There's no place to watch it online. Unfortunately, like other channels, it doesn't repeat ad nausea. I'll have to check out the weekend to see if it is there.

boooooo.

Amy8888 04-08-2011 11:15 AM

Mare, I was reading the Television Without Pity message boards. They were linking blogs of other couponers describing why what Jaime was doing was wrong.

cbmare 04-08-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy8888 (Post 3797627)
Mare, I was reading the Television Without Pity message boards. They were linking blogs of other couponers describing why what Jaime was doing was wrong.

Thanks. I'll try and find it later.