General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #1  
Former Fat Chick

S/C/G: 190/150/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Desk job making it hard to lose weight...

I initially bought exercise videos (Billy Blanks Tae Bo, P90X, those that came free with a kettlebell purchase). But one problem I constantly faced is the fact that I never had time to actually watch and follow those videos. (By the way, I can't find my Billy Blanks video anymore...)

I work for a global company and sometimes had to stay up late attending conference calls with someone from across the globe. (This means sometimes I work up to 12 hours a day!). I'm not sure if anyone else out there face the same problem?
LisaHuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #2  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I work a tech job that has extreme crunch hours for long periods of time, so I feel your pain! It does make it so hard to stay active. One thing that helps me is exercising during my lunch or supper break. Does your company have a gym? Can you close the door to your office and do some online exercise videos? Can you leave the office for a half hour and go for a jog, or even just a walk? Or is it possible to take the conference calls at home, so you can go home and work out before the call?

Hope some of these suggestions help. I get where you're coming from, though...it's especially difficult to get motivated when you're working long hours, because it's so tiring! But you've come so far and I know you'll find a way to make it work. Good luck!

Last edited by maalisse; 01-16-2011 at 06:01 PM.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I sympathize. Something I've been doing for a while now is because I am on conference calls all day, I have a wireless headset that I use and I just stand up and walk around. It's not exercise that's going to make me sweat, but it's better than sitting down.

My Pilates instructor says we should stand up and move around at least every hour, because sitting all day at a desk is really bad for our quads and lymph nodes.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote