General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #1  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

Default Wedding invitations?

Hi everyone ^_^
I'm getting married in February 2011, so i'm in need of some wedding invitations ideas. Hopefully someone can help give me some ideas to create an unique invitation.
(There's just one condition that both my family as well as his is that it should stay in one layout instead of few, people might lose them @@).
Thank you very much for reading ^_^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

What do you mean by unique, and what's your budget?

We did ours at Mygatsby.com, and were very happy. Ours did have a few enclosures, but that's because we needed RSVPs for multiple events. You're going to need at least one enclosure...the response card. Ours, though, we did in a pocket format so that all of the enclosures lined up and fit in the single invite, so things would not be lost.

They were close to this design, with our colors and a graphic we chose to reinforce the feel of our wedding, and tied closed with a pretty ribbon. http://www.mygatsby.com/product.jsp?ProductID=405820

Not "unique" necessarily, but my experience is that truly unique invites tend to cost a lot of money to send out, postage wise.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:33 PM   #3  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

My mom made my invitations, they were on a pretty apple red cardstock and there was a black and white photo of my husband and I on the front. The photo was attached to a champagne mat with black antique style photo corners. My mom does calligraphy so she hand lettered the invitation and envelopes (which were a champagne color) and the response also. I loved the way our invitations turned out, and of course they were really affordable since they were hand made. If you don't want a response card, you could always have people RSVP by email or I believe you can set up free websites for responses. You'd have to have an alternative for those that don't use the computer, but it would cut down on costs for you too since you wouldn't have to include an envelope for the response (though we did ours as post cards so it was a bit cheaper than the traditional envelope). Anyway, that's an idea for you. Congrats too!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

it also depends on how formal your wedding is. Ours was very laid back. I made my own invitations, embossed the text with gold, used some rubber stamps for the images... the response cards were similar, and done in a post card style.

Like someone said, it's about the feel of your wedding...my big thing is I didn't want anything overly elaborate or fussy.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote