General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #1  
Delectable Inside + Out

S/C/G: 163.3/132.8/100

Height: 5'00

Default Maybe TMI But.. Are You Owning "It"?

So my question is simply: How has weight-loss affected your sex life? Has your libido increased? Are you more confident and adventurous? Like.. you're not afraid to leave the lights on, or you don't hide underneath the covers, or stay partially dressed while being intimate with your partner. What about your partner? Is he/she more responsive now that you're losing weight? Or maybe he/she is less responsive because you have lost weight and they haven't?

I met my husband at a healthy weight of 120lbs. I looked great, I felt great. Our marriage has always had an active sex life, even today, after gaining a considerable amount of weight. I think the only thing that has in the past and is changing now for me, is that I'm feeling more empowered and sexier about myself. I can run my hands down my stomach and sides and feel major progress in my weight loss. But I guess as far as feeling more comfortable with my sexuality etc etc, I think I've always felt pretty comfortable even at my highest weight of 163.3lbs. But I know everyone is different and maybe some of you have had a total pendulum shift?
Pudgebrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Major libido increase here. I've been fat since I was a kid and had plenty of sex drive in my teens up to age 21, but when my weight went over 260 (which kind of coincided with a major rejection from a guy) I lost more or less all interest in sex. My confidence has improved some, enough for me to think a lot about dating and sex. But I'm not quite to the point of actualy doing either of those yet.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 10-18-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

It hasn't really affected my sex life, apart from the fact that I feel marginally more comfortable being naked.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #4  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

I never had any problem doing the deed with the lights on at 330 lbs. I have no interest in doing the deed at all at the moment. I'm not sure if it's the weight loss or if there's something else going on mentally...but eww. Get away!!
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I find myself more comfortable with my body. Hubby has never been one to care what weight I was. Even 9 months pregnant all covered in stretch marks he thought I was sexy. I was always the one with the hang-ups. I kinda still am, but it's better. My sex drive is higher, but I think that's more to do with my relationship with the hubby improving rather than weight.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #6  
banned

I've always been shy about sex, and rarely feel aroused. My husband, on the other hand, is always aroused. lol. I think it hurts his feelings when I turn him down, but I just don't feel comfortable. It's not about him seeing me. I don't care about that. He always is enthusiastic when I'm naked. It's just that my body feels uncomfortable. I'll get pressure or slight pains in some positions. I get hurt easily. I have muscle aches, or my stomach feels too full or bloated. Just stuff like that. I also suffer from depressive thoughts a lot.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240 / 230 / 160

Height: 5"7

ive deinately noticed an increase!

we used to be once a day, until four months ago, when i just couldnt bear how my body was. now thought that has all changed, and we are on three times a day
its great
purplestarpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/182/135

Height: 5'4"

My sex drive will never change, its always been high. Now husbands is a sex drive i'd like to change. I have never in my life heard of a man who turned it down as much as him. I think his weight is a problem for him.
LoveRyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #9  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

I can't say that my sex drive has changed... I've always had a high sex drive. However the QUALITY has gotten better (and it was goooood to begin with lol), since my dh has lost 80 lbs and I lost 40. Plus, since he's lost weight, his sex drive has increased, which is great!

I can't wait til I'm down another 100 lbs... then see what it's like. LOL It's one of the things I truly look forward to! I'm still a bit self conscious, even tho my dh thinks I'm sexy no matter what weight. (I think it's awesome how love can distort one's vision!) But I know like a previous poster said.. when *I* feel sexy, things will be even better!

Last edited by JackieHollow; 10-25-2010 at 09:45 AM.
JackieHollow is offline   Reply With Quote