General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default How To Kill A 6th Grader

I saw this today, I was very disturbed but not shocked. I called Angie down, she teaches 6th graders, to look at it. I asked her if she was shocked, she said no it's just like all the crap they see on television and the video games.

I wonder if we really are "improving" as a race of people.

http://news.aol.com/article/kill-piper-video/496932
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #2  

sad
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I teach high school. Not shocking.
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:48 AM   #4  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Not surprising as you can find these types of videos on Youtube and the Internet everywhere...still it is extremely disturbing!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:55 AM   #5  
Just call me Lani ;)

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'4"

It is shocking, but I'm not completely surprised.

The scary thing is that in some places in this world, the children would have tried one of the methods instead of making a video about it.

Unfortunately people will more than likely lay the blame at the feet of video games/movies/TV shows/certain types of music; rather than looking to the parents of those children, or even the children themselves.

Last edited by Mahina Lani; 05-26-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Mahina Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

nope not shocking undeniable fact some kids are very cruel.
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

WOW, I am horrified. And Yes completely chocked that children of the this age group would come up with such a disgusting thing. I have a 6th grade and I just can't imagine. Where did these kids get this idea, why do they even know how to make such a video? Is there no such thing as supervision? There is 1 main computer, its in the living room and password protected and lots of filters. my 12yrold wouldn't even no where to start to make such and a thing and more importantly, I hope she would never want to. Do people not teach their children compassion towards others any more?
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #8  
ugggg.....

Not completely shocked, but still a little suprised that the ages are getting younger and younger...the dismissive father says it all..the girls are probably just remorseful that they got caught.....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #9  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I wonder if we really are "improving" as a race of people.
http://news.aol.com/article/kill-piper-video/496932
I haven't wondered about that in a long time, because I'm of the belief that, as a race, no, we have not improved. I think the only thing that separates us from our ancestors (whether 50 years, 100 years or 1,000 years ago) is technology. I think our basic instincts and natures have remained the same...our "advancements" have all been about things we have done (created new machines, new communication systems, new modes of transportation, new medicines, new things to help make our lives easier)...we've "discovered" things we didn't know before and there may be more people inclined not to practice or believe certain things, but as a race, we are still behaving the same ways our forebearers did. We still wage war (from the small to the grand scale) over land and over ethnic and religious intolerance, we still have the rich being greedy and extravagant to the detriment of others, we still have poverty and apathy and we still have a difficult time truly fathoming ourselves in someone else's shoes. We've only gotten more dangerous because our technology has made it easier. If anything, we've developed a greater sense of entitlement and a lesser sense of, well, sense!

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 05-26-2009 at 05:35 PM.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

I'm not surprised at all. Girls are mean; they've just changed their methods. It doesn't shock or disgust me as much as it does others; being chubby most of my life, I'm desensitised and used to girls (and women! sometimes) being this way.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

If I were the mother, if this escalated, I would put my daughter in a different school. Yes, it's a huge change and a huge PITA, but in no other "normal", everyday situation are people forced to endure constant harassment. We expect our kids to withstand, endure and even tolerate such behaviours that would cause US to run to HR, write letters of complaint and "make phone calls," and maybe even quit or leave our workplace. Children don't have the wisdom to know how to deal with these situations -- not to the degree that adults/parents do, at least. I have to say, however, that the phone calls/confrontation made by the mother is not something I would do. In my experience (first-hand and as a witness to bullying), that just makes things worse.

I also sure as heck would not go on TV and possibly expose my daughter to even further ostracisation and harassment.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

What's shocking is that we are no longer shocked at such behaviour.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #13  
Depressed

S/C/G: 188/185/129

Height: 5'9"

Wait!!!, you think the human race is trying to "improve" ?????????!!!!!!!
baby phat is offline   Reply With Quote