General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #1  
sox

Default Photography

Hi All

My name is Sox and Im a photographer! I just started my own business in January this year. Most of my days are spent travelling around Ireland to take loads of photos (provided Im not stuck in the office with paper work)

It would be great to chat to other people who enjoy photography even if its only a hobby! Maybe share some photos and experiences with eachother?

sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations on the new business. Travelling around Ireland to take photos? Can't beat that!!!!
I like photography but I fear that I am a hobby clicker at best. The greatest thing that EVER happened, IMHO, was the invention of the digital camera. Now, I don't have to process 18 rolls of film to get 10 great shots!
How long have you been a photographer?
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #3  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Congratulations on the new business. Travelling around Ireland to take photos? Can't beat that!!!!
I like photography but I fear that I am a hobby clicker at best. The greatest thing that EVER happened, IMHO, was the invention of the digital camera. Now, I don't have to process 18 rolls of film to get 10 great shots!
How long have you been a photographer?
Kira

i agree with that. we still have rolls of film to develop from 5 years ago when my son was born.

Sox---way to go on the business. and i too am in the hobby catagory but i have not done it in quite a while. but i love to be out there and enjoy the outdoors. some of my favs to take are storms when DH goes storm spotting.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:30 AM   #4  
sox

Ive been doing photography since I was little as a hobby but only started the business in January when I started taking my first clients as a "professional" Im in the middle of making a book of places around Northern Ireland were I live and some of the photos are great, but Im still learning!

Now that the good weather is coming in, n doubt everyone has the perfect opportunity to go out for walks with the camera!
sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:57 AM   #5  
choose your hard

S/C/G: 313/see ticker/150

I just bought my first digital camera, and am hoping to use it often. I've always been impressed with those with true talent for photography. I plan to play around a bit with my camera this summer and see if I have the eye for taking interesting pictures. Hope so!!
weezerloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Ah another photographer. I too love the invention of digital cameras. If we didn't have them, I am sure I'd have a million dollar photo drop off and not be happy about most of the pictures either. Thank Goodness for digital.
I have my own photog business, in that I do the professional shots here and there. It is more of a hobby at the moment, as I stay home with the kiddies. Nothing full time. A project (wedding, family portaits, nature pictures, etc.) here and there, when I want, and around my own schedule.
My fave shots are of my children. I think they think mommy was born with a camera glued to her face though. Well, you never know when you are going to get a good shot.
I like natural, not-posed shots. So we do a lot of nature walks, open field shots, Outdoorsy sites, etc. They don't really mind as much.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote