General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 150/143/115

Height: 61 inches

Tonight was such a laugh. It's another Taylor Hicks winning.

Eh like all seasons of Idol, it doesn't matter who wins. I'm sure Kris, Adam, Danny, and Allison will all make good records. I wonder if Adam will do like.. musicals and stuff.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #257  

Height: 5'4"

I thought the top 4 of this season were all really good. Didn't care which one of them won. Good finale tonight.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #258  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

The finale was awesome. I was disappointed, but not surprised, that Kris won. It's like Ryan said -- the "guy next door" versus the "guyliner." I'm betting that's what won it for Kris.

That said, it's probably better for Adam to not be under Idol's thumb for his first album anyway.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #259  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

It was obvious from the beginning there was a STAR, then there were all the other "good singers" and unfortunately, the STAR didn't win. However, there's no denying that Adam was better, put someone on stage with Adam and they disappear next to him, just like Kris did. Was he even singing in the Queen song? That was ALL Adam. Kris will have some fame from Idol but Adam will be the true winner because he has the true talent. Kris isn't bad but he's no Adam, and neither was anyone else on the show. Allison and Adam should have been the final two, they are UNIQUE, TALENTED, and the true stars here, but unfortunately Idol is determined by a lot of teenyboppers texting in.

And who am I to complain? I don't vote.

Can't wait to see Adam i the future!!! He is amazing!
janellody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #260  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellody View Post
It was obvious from the beginning there was a STAR, then there were all the other "good singers" and unfortunately, the STAR didn't win. However, there's no denying that Adam was better, put someone on stage with Adam and they disappear next to him, just like Kris did. Was he even singing in the Queen song? That was ALL Adam. Kris will have some fame from Idol but Adam will be the true winner because he has the true talent. Kris isn't bad but he's no Adam, and neither was anyone else on the show. Allison and Adam should have been the final two, they are UNIQUE, TALENTED, and the true stars here, but unfortunately Idol is determined by a lot of teenyboppers texting in.

And who am I to complain? I don't vote.

Can't wait to see Adam i the future!!! He is amazing!

ditto, ditto, ditto

I feel exactly the same way. At first I was really disappointed but yeah know, Adam will be a big star and Kris well, he needs Idol or else he won't have much of a career.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #261  
ugggg.....

loved Alison singing with Cyndi Lauper...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #262  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1216 View Post
loved Alison singing with Cyndi Lauper...
Yes! That was a high point of the night, Allison is so talented! But she is WAY better singing than talking, lol.
janellody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #263  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

My husband got me into watching it and I really enjoyed that last show, it was really entertaining not boring, I personally get bored with the show, so I was really impress. I love Cindy Lauper and it was a great performance with Allison. I can't imagine how proud they felt to be sharing the stage with so many music icons, what a wonderful experience. I was also glad to see Jorge Nu~ez, he's such a nice and humble kid.

I hope next season they don't go to Puerto Rico if they are going to be criticizing people because of their accent. That was really offensive for me. Other than that I'm so happy Danny got eliminated, I always felt him as an arrogant person.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote