General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-31-2008, 09:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default Sex question for chicks- warning

I have no clue where to put this post, but it's a question I really would like to shed a light on.

There was a thread reffering to a study done that shows that larger women have sex more than smaller women.

For me, I've always been more confident when I was smaller and had a more fit physique than when I was larger. Always.

Is this normal? It's very difficult for me to 'get into the moment' when I can feel my fat body as I move around or whatever. It's not even how large I am, it's feeling my body, my stomach 'swinging' as I move.

If you are /were what was considered a 'large' woman, how do you find the confidence?

Seriously, this plagues me. I know our sex life would improve if I did what I want to do ( be more adventerous, initiate more ), but I just can't bring myself to do it. I want to feel sexy, I want to rock his world, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

This next year I'm going to dedicate it to myself and make my body what I want it to be. I might even be 'hot', but what do I do now?

As i said in a different thread- I'd get my nipples pierced before i let my husband see me in a thong.

Edit: Mods, if this needs to be moved or if it's not proper to have on the board, you can move it or delete it but I figured if _anyone_could answer my questions, it'd be you guys.

Thank you so so so much!!
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #2  
No description available.

Most guys really really like sex.

I would go so far as to say, most guys far prefer an enthusiastic partner with a few extra pounds rather than someone with a "perfect" body. I'll tell you what, I see a lot of women's bodies and NO ONE has a perfect body anyway.

You can rock his world with the body you have right now.

It's easy for me to say "Delight in your physical self. Marvel in the miracle that you are" and I understand it might be hard to make those thoughts into reality. But I think at some point it is a mental game.

Sometimes there is a negative message that we replay in our brains. I'm not sure where it comes from.....it's probably very individual. I was raised with the message that I was a worthless mistake and could never do anything right. I know that is ridiculous and I have moved past it---mostly. Until I was lifting weights and struggling and I found myself thinking "I am such a wimp." Wow, where did that come from? I was working hard. Not a wimp. Tough. Improving. Progressing. Trying. All fabulous things, yet this message snuck through.

You may have messages sneak through into your head about your body, your belly, other things that make you feel uncomfortable. Perhaps try to replace those messages the instant thay sneak in with positive messages. "I'm hot. I'm extraordinary. I'm sexy. I'm built" etc.....Try to change that self talk.

I guarantee he will be having a good time.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

It's all about confidence no matter the size.....I have a fantastic sex life but then again my husband has been with me since the 10th grade & has seen me at my thinnest & heaviest. We are so at a different level of intimacy than we were before because of just living life.

When I was thin I thought I was fat....all. of. the. time. I was also in my early 20's so I wasn't as mature as I am now (don't let me lie...I'm still a goofball lol)

I love myself now...lol a little too much but that's why I'm losing weight. It's the greatest gift I could give myself
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Hum, well this may not be everyone's answer but when I have a hard time getting in the mood because I am self conscious and too focused on me, I have hubby makes us a couple of drinks. We get silly and play games. Like a couple weeks ago, we started our playing a board game, had a few drinks and it turned into my very first game of strip poker and hubby took me right on the dinning room table...LOL (sorry for the TMI) I thought that was kinda awesome since we have 3 kids and been married for 10yrs. When I drink, i REALLY like sex and my body issue just don't come to mind. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have to be drunk every time we have sex, but I cant tell you its not nearly as exciting.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Sign my name to what midwife said.

Sex is 90% (or more) mental, for men and women. I met my guy at my highest weight and we've always had a great sex life - because he knows I *like* sex. I like it, he likes it and that's what we think about - how great it is when we're together.

That doesn't mean that I don't get self conscious sometimes or really dislike one part of my body or the other. But ultimately none of those things are going to stop me from having sex and by the time we're together and into it, those things have faded from my mind.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Speaking as a woman who still has over 100 lbs to lose, I can say that my hubby and I have a fantastic sex life. It really is more mental than physical, epsecially for men. If you are even the slightest bit interested, it is a huge turn on for him. When my hubby and I started dating, I was a size 16/18. After 12 and a half years, two kids and my expanding waist line (my heaviest was 333, today I'm 279) our sex live has only improved, because I never have let my weight or body image issues get in the way. He has always been willing to do anything at all to satisfy me and I am the same way with him. We are both very open with each other and enjoy each other and he really does not care what weight I am. He flirts incessantly with me and tells me every day that I'm sexy and makes me feel that way, too.
Enjoy your body, no matter the size and by all means, let him, too!
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Wow, some great replies. You might try finding some pictures of some voluptuous women and look at them EVERY DAY. It may take a little while, but if you see them enough, you start to see the beauty. I can't tell you how good it feels when you realize you've lost that critical / demanding view of women's bodies. It's like a the earth shifts on its axis
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have to say I have felt "sexy" at both weights. My partner doesn't stress on the weight issue though so I never felt insecure. If he ever did stress me, I would shut it down like Montgomery Wards.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

I have always felt sexy, thinner or heavier, and I think it helps that I have been with my husband since we were 19 so he has seen me at all kinds of weights. When I was heavier there were, of course, things I was a little self-conscious about, but we have had, through it all, a very healthy sex life. I will say, however, that we have been having more sex...like every day, like mad weasels...since I lost the weight. But the thing is, I am pretty sure that is coming from me -- I don't think his interest has changed. If I offer he will pretty much take it anytime, anywhere and "Thank you, Ma'am!" ...but that has always been the case. I, however, do feel even more self-confident right now than I used to, and I think that makes me even more adventurous and interested than usual...Willow the kitchen table is nuthin'!

So, I will not say to you that you will get COMPLETELY passed feeling a little self-conscious, I never managed it completely either, but, really, looking at your guy, does he care or does he pretty much want it ALL THE TIME...as much as you'll give especially if you are making clear that you are having a really good time? The opposite sex is more "hard-wired" in this regard...biologically more hard-wired I think. In their world, Naked Female enthusiastically offering access = very good thing.

So release that inner Sex Goddess!

Last edited by Schumeany; 12-31-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:36 PM   #10  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Women always look in the mirror to critique themselves, judging IF they look good. According to studies, what a man percieves during a sexual encounter is only the good stuff. Their minds focus on the arousing parts and basically blur out the parts non-essential to sex. (I would venture to say this is probably true for any relationship that makes it to this level of intimacy but that study was limited.) The short of it, when you're in a sexual encounter, he's not gonna try to ruin that for himself ...if your mood isn't right, that's what he's most likely to feel. So just be who you are and know that he loves you. Then get to getting freaky with confidence! He'll give you rave reviews!!!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 415/238/220

Height: 5' 11"

AMEN to midwife. As a guy I could care less that my ex-wife had put on a weight. Love is physical as well and showing your partner that you want him or her is the sexiest thing on the planet. The best sex I ever had was with a heavier woman that I loved and was very much into to me. Let yourself go wild and have fun (psst its supposed to be fun). The great part is you get to practice to get it right.

Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Most guys really really like sex.

I would go so far as to say, most guys far prefer an enthusiastic partner with a few extra pounds rather than someone with a "perfect" body. I'll tell you what, I see a lot of women's bodies and NO ONE has a perfect body anyway.

You can rock his world with the body you have right now.

It's easy for me to say "Delight in your physical self. Marvel in the miracle that you are" and I understand it might be hard to make those thoughts into reality. But I think at some point it is a mental game.

Sometimes there is a negative message that we replay in our brains. I'm not sure where it comes from.....it's probably very individual. I was raised with the message that I was a worthless mistake and could never do anything right. I know that is ridiculous and I have moved past it---mostly. Until I was lifting weights and struggling and I found myself thinking "I am such a wimp." Wow, where did that come from? I was working hard. Not a wimp. Tough. Improving. Progressing. Trying. All fabulous things, yet this message snuck through.

You may have messages sneak through into your head about your body, your belly, other things that make you feel uncomfortable. Perhaps try to replace those messages the instant thay sneak in with positive messages. "I'm hot. I'm extraordinary. I'm sexy. I'm built" etc.....Try to change that self talk.

I guarantee he will be having a good time.
JustWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:47 PM   #12  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Words from a man Thanks Wes!
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

There you go...out of the horse's mouth. Thanks for the male input!
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #14  

I don't think my husband cares about my size, but when I'm up or down it definitely affects my attitude about myself, and therefore my mood and interest level.
bosoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hmm... as far as sex drive goes, I think mine was slightly higher when I was under 200, but I don't really know if it was too much of a difference.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote