General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-30-2008, 10:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'6

Default Back problems

So I have a question for all you lovely ladies...Have you ever had a pulled muscle in your back?* I am pretty worried that something is really wrong with my back.* I have had this dull pain in-between my shoulder blades for over a week.* I was sick with a sinus infection last week and when I went to the Dr. he said that the back pain was most likely just caused from the sickeness.* However, the sinus infection is long gone and now I have a constant buning under my left shoulder blade and down my left arm. It also seems to get a little better in the middle of the night, but as the day progresses the pain has me glued to a heating pad.* Becuase this is so close to the heart, i went to the e.r. wed. night. The dr. did an ekg and a chest x-ray that came back fine, so the er doctor concluded that it was a muscular problem and gave me some darvacet. The pain pills hardly even help....

So I guess my question is...Do pulled muscles or pinched nerves burn? I have never had back problems and cannot remember doing anything to strain my back...

Your feedback would be extremely helpful...
iowa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

I have had burning pain from back injuries, as well as severe pain from a dislocated rib caused by severe coughing. The rib was fixed by my chiropractor in just a couple visits. A chiropractor can also fix subluxations in the spine that could pinch nerves. Pulled muscles also will "burn" at times and those take awhile to heal-try alternating ice and heat. I'd recommend seeing your chiropractor if you have one or find one that your friends recommend.

I hope you can get the pain resolved quickly. I know how terrible it feels. Prayers for you
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i second the chiro visit. You could have a subluxation of any part of your body. If the xrays were normal as per the dr, I would highly recommend a consult with a good chiro. You may also need to get a massage to help with the muscle pain. A lot of people are scared of chiros thinking they are quacks. I just started seeing one about 4 month ago and found out i have a subluxated C2 (vertebra in upper neck) and that my pelvis was rotated causing sever pain in my foot (which my dr told me was plantar fascitis)...as soon as the pelvis was adjusted the pain in my foot went away (it was a pinched siatic nerve). You would be surprised at the wonders a good chiro can do for you (:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #4  

Lately, I've been suffering from a bad back. Know my weight & lack of exercise don't help matters. I just take a painkiller so I can get on with the chores. But I've found this place & will start from TODAY to lose the weight. Long road ahead, but will grit my teeth & go forth.

Good luck to you all.
zeinab is offline   Reply With Quote