General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #1  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Default cheap yet practical gift ideas

Being our economy is heading down the crapper, I decided to lighten the mood this holiday season by giving small gag gifts to some family and friends this year.

I will put a few AA batteries in a small box & attach a small card that says, "Gift not included!"

others will get this...

I will wrap a roll of crescent rolls in the can & tie a bow around it & a tag that says, "Thought you can use a little extra dough this time of year!"

Both of these are practical and fun, besides one never has enough AA batteries & the crescent rolls can be made into anything yummy.

*remember to store the crescent rolls in the fridge before hand if you care to scoop on these ideas.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Yes!! Yes..what a great idea!

I was shoveling snow for the umpteenth time already this year, thinking about the retiree I know who was headed south ..selling his house, he said "snow shovel, free. House, extra!"

I have always been anal about giving gifts that are useful..what has been missing is the humor. I LOVE your approach....and your understated, gentle, understated "in the crapper" description of the economy.
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #3  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Maryblu, too funny on the house and snow shovel!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote