General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Default Know anyone?

I was just curious if anyone here knows other members in real life?? Does anyone meet from the boards?

(btw, anyone in OKC?)
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

Well, I guess, it is like real life (not saying that this isn't). I am having a hard time keeping up with people in my life right now since I have so many added demands on my time.

If anyone is in Atlanta, I will be in 4 days (yea!!) just PM and we'll see what we can do.

I still feel like I know some of you even though we haven't seen eyeball to eyeball, you know what I mean??
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I recommended this site to those in my TOPS group, and I told one woman my screen name here, but while I've heard feedback that some members joined the site and like it, I haven't had anyone PM me or tell me in RL, their screen name.

Which is all fine, but I kind of felt weird telling the woman my screen name, and then her telling me she'd joined the site and liked it, but not revealing her screen name or making any contact with me here. It made me feel self-conscious, wondering if she was "watching" me.

I've told my family about the site, and while I didn't tell them my screen name, they would definitely recognize it - being my father's nickname for me - and I can't believe there would be many other kaplods out there. But, I've had no sign at all that my mom or sisters have ever been here either (shows how much they listen to me). My youngest sister I wouldn't necessarily expect to see here, because she's only ever struggled with her weight after her pregnancies. She joined WW after her second son was born, and she acheived her goal weight in less than 6 weeks. After her first son was born, her weight/skin snapped back so fast, she didn't even look like she'd ever been pregnant - three days after he was born (and I don't mean just in clothes, I mean in bra and panties, she didn't look like she'd been pregnant).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

I meet internet friends all the time.

from this site i've met Schmoodle and Cottagebythesea
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #5  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I haven't told anyone I know that I come here, and I don't plan to. I've had situations before where weight loss discussions or activities become either about our relationship or as a means of demanding support and attention. I really like having the ability to interact or not interact, as I have time and energy, giving and seeking comfort as I'm able. I can be honest without having to worry about office politics, group dynamics among friends or family conflicts. It makes me feel more in control of my weight loss journey.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I definitely understand that. I didn't want my id shown AT ALL. Sometimes you just gotta ask odd questions and dont want to get made fun of. I've given up on that. I guess I'll go to another board if I have a REALLY gross question
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Goddess Jessica and I both did the same triathlon last year and had planned on meeting but never "found" each other in the whole mess of people. We talked back and forth about just meeting up sometime but its never happened. I would like to have some "real life" friends from here but its hard to make it actually happen.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #8  
Operator265

No Way!!! Then they would come on and tell everyone about how I am really just a June Cleaver househusband with a wife who beats me up, a 3rd grade education and can't even drive a car, much less heavy equipment.

Just kidding. Seems as tho no one else on here is stupid enough to live in SLC. One chick did visit family here, but was smart enough to get out ASAP.

Last edited by Operator265; 09-23-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I met Misti in Seattle when I lived in Redmond - she is lovely. She doesn't post much anymore and I miss her around here.

I'm in San Diego now (/wave Stacy) and I know a couple of other people are around here (Soulbliss, Alinnell). I'd love to meet anybody in San Diego! I didn't know I was neighbors with Goddess Jessica!

Jen

Last edited by Glory87; 09-23-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:19 PM   #10  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

I love this website. I haven't met anyone from here but this site has basically helped me change my life and change my outlook on life. Whether you meet people or not, it will help you too.
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Hi Glory!

I'm up in north county. Jessica is down around SD if I'm not mistaken...
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

We have not officially met, but Mauvaisroux and I often travel in the same circles (sci-fi type conventions) and we have been at the same conventions numerous times, but ended up missing each other!

I would love to meet other Indiana area 3FC people, however!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

Ever since I joined...

I've actually imagined yearly 3FC conventions where we all would travel to and get to meet eachother

A silly, childish thought I'm sure... but I always thought it'd be fun.

I don't know anyone IRL... but I wouldn't rule it out. I've met people from online before (the fiancee) and that didn't turn out so bad
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #14  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
I haven't told anyone I know that I come here, and I don't plan to. I've had situations before where weight loss discussions or activities become either about our relationship or as a means of demanding support and attention. I really like having the ability to interact or not interact, as I have time and energy, giving and seeking comfort as I'm able. I can be honest without having to worry about office politics, group dynamics among friends or family conflicts. It makes me feel more in control of my weight loss journey.
DITTO!!!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I wish I had met lessofsarahtolove. Others that met up with her said she was the same in RL as here. Caring, funny, smart and real ya you know..
I do tell family and friends about this and I'm sure they could finger out who I was by my screen name. I've never given much thought to them reading my post since everyone has problems and I'm here for me. I don't tell all. If I did then I would be concerned they might try to interfer say. Somethings I like to work out on my own.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote