3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Hi, my name is Shannon and I'm a Star Trek junkie... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/150330-hi-my-name-shannon-im-star-trek-junkie.html)

Skullarix 08-30-2008 01:15 PM

Buck Rodgers! I'm not sure which one you are talking about but I was so in love with Hawk (the bird guy). I know I'm weird... never claimed otherwise!

I love Vampires as well, just to relate a story I think is fun, I have a action figure of David (Keifer Sutherland) from the Lost Boys and someone I work with came over and said, "it's creepy he keeps watching me." Of course he was all vamped out.

I have to add I love Snape as well.

I've not really gotten into Harry Potter, I don't know why, one would think it's right up my alley. I liked the first Dumbledore (Richard Harris) but then I had seen him in many movies and I like his acting.

Oh... I think I would be Slitheren...

I was told by my cousin that for Serenity you lose all the best parts of Firefly. I dunno I liked both of them.

Shannon in ATL 08-30-2008 01:27 PM

I loved Firefly... I liked Nathan Fillion from 'Two Guys, A Girl & A Pizza Place', renamed to "Two Guys and A Girl' in later days, and then he was one of the bets parts of the last season of Buffy... Had never seen Firefly until DH sat me down one day and made me watch it...

On the Harry Potter front, I like Richard Harris - I saw him in a recorded production of Camelot as King Arthur and have loved him ever since... and, Michael Gambon isn't too bad. Don't know if he would have been my first choice. I think they are playing Dumbledore as a more unassuming character and someone like Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellan would have been stronger than they wanted in the role. They want quiet strength that you don't expect from the man you see....

I'm glad to see so many people here! :) I have more to comment on, but DH and I are about to take DSS to the playground...

Lady Pantsalot 08-30-2008 04:04 PM

Another scifi fan here :) I'm about to enjoy some SG (rerun) in an hour or so.

Ambrosia 08-30-2008 04:16 PM

Another sci-fi fantasy fan here. I'm a big Angel fan. I adore Buffy and Firefly as well. Currently I hooked on Battlestar Galactica. I love movies and novels about vampires. Recently I bought Vampire The Masquerade and I'm enjoying reading it. I didn't start the roleplaying part yet.

Oh and I agree with the poster who stated that Alan Rickman as Snape is too sexy. He's the reason (along with the equally hot Jason Issaacs) I watch the HP films.

lizziep 08-30-2008 04:24 PM

How did I miss this thread?!?! Seriously!

I think I'm probably more into fantasy then sci-fi but I'm open to any of it. I'm experiencing Star Trek for the first time w/ my hubby who loves it. Never got into Star Wars. AT ALL. I don't know why. Love Firefly and Serenity, Eureka, The Dead Zone, Jeremiah, Harry Potter, LOTR, early years of X-files, Millennium...

I am DYING for them to make a movie of Ender's Game.

As for other geekery- I'm off to play D&D tonight w/ some friends, am definitely a gamer- MTG, any board or card games, we actually have a nice collection of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards too (and that is the only one on the list i'm even slightly embarrassed about).

did I mention all the Anime?! lol. OR the Faerieworlds festival I went to for my birthday this year? Brian Froud and Amy Brown and Jody Bergsma (got her to sign some artwork i was sooo excited).

Apple Cheeks 08-30-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2339997)

Speaking of Harry Potter *warning dorky question* What House do you guys think you'd belong to?

I'd probably be in Ravenclaw.

Hmmm....Probably Griffindor or Ravenclaw for me.

I think a lot of my personality traits (and my job, too) would probably put me in the Griffindor house, but maybe I would be smart enough for Ravenclaw.

I guess only the Sorting Hat would know for sure. ;)

Stephanie Brim 08-30-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizziep (Post 2340317)
Snip...

I am DYING for them to make a movie of Ender's Game.

YES! I loved that book. One of my favorites.

lizziep 08-30-2008 08:28 PM

oh- i forgot- i'm totally a Ravenclaw. :)

ChristinaGetsFit 08-30-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Cheeks (Post 2340419)

I guess only the Sorting Hat would know for sure. ;)

Ok so I went looking for a sorting hat cause I'm a dork lol. I have actually taken these before, some of them have been rather lame and pointless. This one seems to make a little sense. It's not very long either. It ranked me as such...

It said I was a Hufflepuff but the numbers are the same for Ravenclaw.

Your in-depth results are:

Hufflepuff - 14
Ravenclaw - 14
Gryffindor - 11
Slytherin - 6

It's only 12 questions. Anyone care to try? Oh no! I can't post links yet. :( Well if you do a search for sorting hat there is a site for thealmightlyguru. I can't wait till I receive full privileges lol.

just keep swimming 08-30-2008 11:12 PM

Oh my goodness, I've taken more HP sorting hat quizzes than I would care to admit. I don't know, I think I would probably be a Ravenclaw, but (nerd alert) my friends and I have, on occasion, tried to sort people we know into the houses, and I usually volunteer to be a Hufflepuff because nobody ever wants to be a Hufflepuff or put anyone in Hufflepuff. :lol:

ANYWAY...

ChristinaGetsFit 08-30-2008 11:30 PM

Well it says Hufflepuff's are loyal, dependable and hardworking. Not bad for personality traits, I was just a little suprised I didn't have more Slytherin points, guess I should have let the little girl go to jail and punched the guy trying to take my food lol.
I think it's more like what Harry went through, in the end he really chose to be a Griffindor even though he had it in him to be Slytherin. It is our choice after all, who we really want to be.

lizziep 08-31-2008 03:52 AM

hmmm- quiz says i'm huffle puff- by a landslide.

Apple Cheeks 08-31-2008 10:45 AM

The quiz sorted me into Gryffindor, but Ravenclaw was a close second. :lol:

Gryffindor - 13
Ravenclaw - 12
Hufflepuff - 11
Slytherin - 7

Skullarix 08-31-2008 10:47 AM

Hey lizziep

We recently ended our D&D campaign, however we started playing WarHammer 40K... I also play WoW infrequently.

I've never been into Anime that much, but I liked Lodos War

chickybird 08-31-2008 10:53 AM

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Revie...uiz-House.html

Ravenclaw - 13
Hufflepuff - 11
Gryffindor - 11
Slytherin - 10
That's a good quiz. Seems more indepth than the others.