3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Hi, my name is Shannon and I'm a Star Trek junkie... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/150330-hi-my-name-shannon-im-star-trek-junkie.html)

Apple Cheeks 08-31-2008 11:09 AM

And here is something for my fellow Star Trek geeks to look at.... :D

http://i38.tinypic.com/71ptza.jpg

(Amazing how much Quinto looks like Nimoy here!)

ladybugnessa 08-31-2008 11:40 AM

oh girls... anyone here write or read FAN fiction...

say oh um

SPOCK ENSLAVED:

http://www.intergalactictrading.com/ebay/t/j6275.jpg

lizziep 08-31-2008 12:53 PM

skullarix- there's a shop that we go to that has a bunch of tables set out and people play Warhammer there on the weekends. It looks like fun- but not if I have to play with those guys. lol.
This is my first game of D&D so far- it's fun but I don't know if I want to play a second one. Our group has 6 people in it so it moves a little bit slowly.

as for Anime- I'm not the biggest fan, but my husband is always watching something. I have some favorites, but they are a bit obscure.

Stephanie Brim 08-31-2008 02:36 PM

Hrm. Anime. I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff. I love Anime, but I hate Cartoon Network's *******izing of it.

Case in point. The first anime I watched was Gundam Wing on Cartoon Network. After watching it about 4 times all the way through, I finally bought most of the seasons of the uncut Japanese language show with English subtitles. Blood. Swearing. The Americanization of what they put on Cartoon Network was horrible compared to the uncut, subtitled show. Directly after that I started watching fan subbed uncut anime straight from the source. Much better.

Anyway, I tend to go more toward the sci-fi end of things where anime is concerned, but I love various forms of samurai action and love stories as well.

lizziep 08-31-2008 04:25 PM

Stephanie- always sub never dub! we downloaded the ENTIRE series of Kenshin only to discover we accidentally got a dubbed version. It was so bad we had to just get rid of it. Not even worth watching. My favorites are Haibane Renmei, Kino's Journey, Nia_7, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun...

chickybird 09-01-2008 12:06 AM

DH just found an article that says Star Trek the Experience is closing tomorrow, Sept. 1. The last sentence says that they are looking for a new home for it, but I have my doubts they'll do it....
I am bummed out, but at least DH got to go when he was a teen with his family.
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...rek-exper.html

ChristinaGetsFit 09-01-2008 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2337933)
If anyone here likes Joss Whedon... (who doesn't) did you guys see his Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog that he posted online?

Yeah... it stars Neil Patrick Harris... google it if you haven't seen it yet!

Wow, I just spent 45 mins watching that and it was great. I wish there were more to watch but kinda glad there isn't because I really need to try and get some sleep. Seriously, thanks Faerie.

Oh yeah that Zachary looks scrumchous as Spock. But what do you all think of Chris Pine as Kirk? He's in Alan Rickman's new movie Bottle Shock too.

Skullarix 09-01-2008 01:09 PM

Ambrosia~ I loved playing Vampire The Masquerade, I have some friends today that I made ten years ago through that game.

Apple Cheeks~ I have always loved Spock! I wanted to grow up to be a Vulcan!

Lizziep~ Well, I don't know if I would want to play the Warhammer battles, the 40K is like Vampire The Masquerade or D&D. So its more of a role playing game than I'm guessing the table top battles are. I've had alot of fun playing D&D over the years! I've probably been playing the last eight ears or longer! I have to get the hang of Warhammer, I don't understand it, its a d10 system not a d20 like D&D... <--I can't believe I can say that and understand what it means LOL!

The Bedlam Bards wrote a ballad for Joss... The only link I can find is http://www.myspace.com/bedlambards (forgive me if it doesn't show up I don't know if I can post links) If you go to Myspace/bedlambards you can hear it.

Apple Cheeks 09-01-2008 01:11 PM

I don't know what to think of Chris Pine. The only picture I've seen of him in character is from the publicity posters they released, and quite frankly he looks like a serial killer or something!

http://i34.tinypic.com/vp95cy.jpg

ladybugnessa 09-01-2008 01:26 PM

anyone else watching the Next Gen marathon on scifi?

ChristinaGetsFit 09-01-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Cheeks (Post 2342666)
I don't know what to think of Chris Pine. The only picture I've seen of him in character is from the publicity posters they released, and quite frankly he looks like a serial killer or something!

Wow, he looks like Dexter. Which isn't bad, I do love Dexter, but not sure this guy will pull off THE James T. Kirk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugnessa

Dang, I didn't know it was on. I haven't had time to do anything really enjoyable today. It's been awhile since I have seen them too.

Spinymouse 09-01-2008 11:10 PM

Hi -
I am out of the loop of anything current, don't have a tv, don't quite get the concept of "geek" but...
grew up watching Star Trek, the original series and YES I was/am a big fan. It was an amazing show at an amazing time. I love Spock!
Also watched some of the next generation stuff in the 80's but anything after that I have no idea about!

lizziep 09-02-2008 12:28 AM

oooh that pic does look like Dexter... i love that show can't wait for the next season!

Lovely 09-02-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizziep (Post 2340317)
did I mention all the Anime?! lol. OR the Faerieworlds festival I went to for my birthday this year? Brian Froud and Amy Brown and Jody Bergsma (got her to sign some artwork i was sooo excited).

Okay... Anime... I was an anime fan of practical world-class status about 12 years ago. It was hard to find. It was harder to get translations. It was hardcore to be a fan. That being said... my favorite is still Sailor Moon. Although I don't follow anything specifically now, it will always hold a special place my manga drawn heart. Also, yes, I read a ton of manga, and I still cringe when I hear people pronouncing it "maaaanga" (with a long "a"). No no no random strangers who pronounce it that way! No! It is Mah-n-gah! Manga! If one said "Maaaanga" in Japan they would laugh at you! I'm sorry.. end that rant, off that soapbox.

I catch occassional things on CN, but I have to agree that their watered down versions.. and their ADV crap... really annoy me.

As for Fairies... and Faeries... if you couldn't tell, I'm a huge fan. I love Brian Froud. I still have to get a subscription to the Faerie magazine out there... (www.faeriemagazine.com) But, it's a bit unhealthy as I always end up wanting to buy way too many works of art after flipping through them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugnessa (Post 2342677)

I watched way too many hours yesterday! I was thinking of all you gals here as the hours went on & on! ^_^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinymouse (Post 2343397)
Hi -
I am out of the loop of anything current, don't have a tv, don't quite get the concept of "geek" but...
grew up watching Star Trek, the original series and YES I was/am a big fan. It was an amazing show at an amazing time. I love Spock!
Also watched some of the next generation stuff in the 80's but anything after that I have no idea about!

Spinymouse! :) :wave: Been so long since I've had the pleasure of being in a thread where you also were.

Apple Cheeks 09-02-2008 08:38 AM

Dang! You're right, Christina: he does look like Dexter!

And I don't know if he will be able to pull off the famous James T Kirk swagger or charm, either. I'm sure he'll have his own take on the character, which is fine, but I hope he gets it "right." :crossed:

I can't wait for the new season of Dexter to start. Love that show!