General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/247/150

Height: 5'6

Talking very weird NSV (at least to me)

at work, we recently went thru a "realignment".

that means you choose (based on your ranking of peeps in your call center-they use metrics which are things they want you to be doing) to determine ranking. i was 34 out of 500 and some.

yeah me. except that is not the NSV at all.

i choose my shift (which started on sunday past) based on the supervisor and days worked. supervisor i had before and i liked and respected and days that paid the most.

it was friday thru monday and 11:15 to 10:15 pm. i worked till closing and that meant i had to stay until last call was answered. on sunday, i gor a horrible call that lasted until 11:05pm. i was furious and it complicated my home life also.

and i decided i wasnt gonna do to. so i used option called minibid (shifts that have openings that noone wanted the first go round). i ahd a choice of mon to thursday and 11 to 10. no closing and weekends off. very tempting. havent had weekends off in years.

or............sat and sun 11 to 10 and mon, tues and wed 3pm to 10pm. which on the surface sucked!

have to work 5 days and close all of them? YUCK!

and then i thought about it. and had 2 friends that dont know each other tell me same thing. ummm, you could do your "precious" long workouts before work during the week AND on days off.

which on the schedule i have now, i had a hour lunch which is not enough to workout like i want to for 4 days of week.

and i drive to work everyday TO work out.

guess which one i chose?

actually i chose both but the 5 days first and the weekends off second.

but i am 100% confident i will get the first one.

for the first ime in forever, i chose to take care of me first. not choosing the coach or schedule or whatever to make me best at work (which never happened anyway) but the hours that let me take care of me.

my DH is thrilled.

me too.
mrs dorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Congratulations!!! It's a tough skill to master -- understanding what will really work for *you* and then making those choices a priority!

Last edited by yoyoma; 08-27-2008 at 04:57 PM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote