General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Default Odd couples

So, we've all seen pictures of a dog nursing a tiger cub or what have you. But...I'm wondering if you have ever had any experience with odd animal friendships.

We had a cat. She was a sweet little black and white one that got dumped at our house. She was always very tiny. Our neighbors had a very large Rhododendron bush in their front yard. There was no fence separating our yards. We also had a VW Bus...you know, looks like a shoe box with wheels. Somehow Oreo was able to jump and climb her way up onto the top of the bus. When she was there, a Blue Jay that had a nest in the rhodie next door would come and sit on the car with her. Sometimes before landing it would dive a couple times at her, she'd roll over on her back and make half-hearted swipes at him/her. Other times they would play in the neighbor's front yard. The bird would dive at Oreo and she would pretend to jump at it, never getting it. It wasn't that she couldn't catch him...she was one of those cats that keeps the whole neighborhood free of mice...she was very quick. They were just best friends.

Every winter it took her a while before she'd stop sitting on the bus looking lonely and then when he/she came back they'd start up again. Sadly, she got hit and killed. For weeks after that, the blue jay would sit all alone on the bus looking for Oreo.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:41 AM   #2  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

OMG! That's so sad about Oreo =[
That's so strange but ridiculously cute and sweet! I wish my cat would learn to play nice with birds.. She's always leaving "gifts" for us and it's sad..
Not really odd but, My cat LOVES people.. she has the heart of a dog in that sense. She's crazy loyal, follows you around the house, and if you're crying or something, she will come running and just sit there with you (weird to type but one of my mom's friends had the same experience with my cat)..
but when it comes to other cats or animals.. she gets so mean even when other cats are trying to be friends with her! My cat is biased against her own species

Last edited by Starrynight; 08-30-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote