General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Angel food Ministries

OK, I posted this in South beach, but I thought to share here as well...

A friend told me about this program, and while being one person is jut too much, I think it's great for someone who's on fixed income... granted some of the items are not really what we ought to be eating, the meat and veggies are an awesome deal!

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/menu.asp
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #2  

My mom gets an Angel Food box every month. What she and Daddy don't eat, they split between the kids.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

We don't have Angel Food in our area, but we have SHARE which is a similar program. I'm not sure if there are places that have both, or whether it's usually one or the other.

SHARE is also a good program, but sometimes the meat choices aren't the healthiest (sausage, hot dogs, and fake crab show up a little too frequently for my tastes), but they have the option now, of choosing just portions of the box (instead of, or in addition to the box). The 10 lbs or more of organic produce for $15 is a good deal, I think.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote