General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #1  
carinna

Thumbs up Favorite Wii games? Help!

Ok, so my BF and I recently got the Wii, and Wii Fitness for extra exercise. We absolutely love the bowling and tennis, and my BF is all about the boxing. But we haven't actually venture out to buy any more games. Anyone have any recommendations?

p.s. my right arm is KILLING me from bowling.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've heard Mariokart is really fun although I don't have it myself. It isn't a very active game. I've heard many people like Tiger Woods golf and the new one is coming out soon.

Have you thought about a Wii Fit? I'd probably recommend that next if you don't have it.

You can also peruse online ratings of games as well to see what games are popular.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

I love playing Raving Rabbids with my kids. They have both I and II plus we've pre-ordered 3 for this fall. It is a lot of fun. In one game you hold both of the remote things and you have to keep a beat to different songs with each hand. All these bunnies are dancing around and with every correct shake of your hand you get the bunny. In another you get to shoot plungers at the rabbits with tons of different settings. And in one you're the momma bunny stuck in traffic with a car load of screaming baby bunnies and you have to aim with one thing and smack the bunny with the other to get them to be quiet!
Wii's are awesome. We're still trying to get the wiifit. It's very hard to find in our area.
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #4  
carinna

Yeah, we have Wii Fit. But I want some more fun games too. Active ones though, I don't want to sit down while I play.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

That is part of the problem, there aren't a lot of active games for the Wii. There are some but not a lot. I think I read that warioware is fun and using the wiimote well.

I want a good boxing game but I haven't seen one yet. I think there is one that is coming out soon or came out recently, but I'm waiting for reviews on it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:46 PM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

You've probably already thought of Dance Dance Revolution - Hottest party. Obviously you are on your feet on that one. I do better on Guitar Hero if I'm up on my feet, but it definitely isn't as active as you may want.

One thing that I wanted to mention though is that my library (where I work) has recently started loaning video games. Not every library does it, but more and more do. You might check and see if your's does. It's a great way to try new games. Deciding what games to purchase was definitely one of the funnest projects I've had recently.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #7  
Addicted to potato salad!

Our favorites are Mario Kart (racing against real people all over the world!), Mario Party, Mario Galaxy, Boom Blox and of course Raving Rabbids is hysterical! WiiFit is also awesome. We also have a Guitar Hero for the Wii.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #8  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Sonic and Mario Olympics is awesome as well as Beach Games. Both are very active games.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #9  
carinna

Yeah, Tammy I was thinking about joining a video game rental program, that way we can try games first to see if we like them before we buy.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

We get games now and then from the video store.My youngest loves all the Mario games,but my oldest and I love Rockband(this one we did buy)...played together,or individually.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #11  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well . . . you've got Wii Sports that comes with the basic unit . . .

And . . . you've got Wii Fit (with the special scale-foot-platform thing) which I really think is great.

I've also got Wii Play, which has about ten interactive games and one of them (cow riding) is hilarious.

I soooooo want to get DDR, but can never find it in stock around here.

Think most of the other stuff, is more along the lines of the semi-sedentary adventure game genre.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:07 AM   #12  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by carinna View Post
Ok, so my BF and I recently got the Wii, and Wii Fitness for extra exercise. We absolutely love the bowling and tennis, and my BF is all about the boxing. But we haven't actually venture out to buy any more games. Anyone have any recommendations?

p.s. my right arm is KILLING me from bowling.
You can see a bunch of the favorites those of us participating in the Wii Fit Challenge like to play.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146539

My favorites are Step Class, Hula Hoop, Rhythmic Boxing, and almost all of the balance games.

Step on. Great!

I've had my Wii Fit for 38 days and have lost 2.5" in my waist since starting on it.
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote