3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Who Else Is Missing HOCKEY, And How Has Your Team Changed???? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/146469-who-else-missing-hockey-how-has-your-team-changed.html)

julie99s 08-07-2008 09:48 PM

I was disappointed when the Wings picked Bertuzzi up 2 or 3 seasons ago, I think. I was thrilled beyond belief when he got shipped to Anahiem. Couldn't stand him.

techwife 08-07-2008 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, Babe...love him or hate him... Ovechkin is smokin HOT in this picture... :drool: in a wife beater sort of way...

Just to give us puck bunnies something to look at during the boring summer months...

babenwaiting 08-08-2008 08:40 AM

techie, Ovie is not bad there, I'll admit it! :D But he didn't look that good to me when he was killing us the end of last season ... :devil:

How's your summer going, techie? I've actually managed to lose 19 lbs. since April. I'm trying to get into a real cute, classy 'Canes tee that only goes to an XL (but I have a WAYS to go, and I don't want to hang out of my swimsuit on vacation next month! :p )

shantroy 08-08-2008 03:29 PM

babenwaiting, calgary's never been much for having goons on the teams. So I was super shocked when I heard that we got bertuzzi. Previously, Phaneuf was the closest thing to an "enforcer", but he could actually play! Bertuzzi is just a bully. I get the feeling that a lot of people around here are unimpressed with that move!

Scarlett 08-09-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babenwaiting (Post 2302867)
Catherine, I think your young Pens are going to be frighteningly good this coming year!!! I think ESPN has picked them as their top team in the Eastern Conference ... (If you could just get rid of Brooks Orpik, I'd really respect most of your guys! Sorry but I can never forgive him for what he did to Erik Cole ... :()

Okay, guys, we are two months from Opening Night!!! Is everybody ready??????????????? :p:D:o

GO HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!

sorry, I just changed my username. Yes they should be good, we have Malkin, Sid, Fleury and Staal with another year of experience under their belt. I don't think theres a team in the league (or many teams) that wouldn't want to trade cores with the Pens right now. I'm just taking a wait and see attitude because there are alot of arrivals and departures and I'm anxious to see how the chemistry with the new guys devolops.

As for Brooks Orpik. He's a good guy overall, does not have a reputation as a dirty player and I don't think he's out to injur people. He is a defensive defenseman and likes to hit people. If Cole had not tried to duck and put his head down it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. Would have been a clean hit if Eric hadn't ducked. Orpik just signed a deal with the pens for 3.75 per year when the rangers were offering him in the neighborhood of 4.5. He will remain one of my favorite pens, if for nothing else but the shift he had in game 3 of the finals when he had like 5 hits in one shift.

babenwaiting 08-09-2008 06:53 PM

Scarlett, if you think Orpik is a good guy, then we might as well not discuss him further; you are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I'll only say that he did not even have the good grace to try to call Erik afterward, for a very long time, and that told me a lot about his character. I don't think Erik was in any way responsible for that injury. Erik has moved on to another team now, but he will always be one of my favorite players.

Blazesyth 08-09-2008 09:57 PM

Islander season ticket holder here... I like torture. :dizzy:

I try not to obsess about it over the summer, as when it starts up I get totally engrossed into it, considering we go to every single game. I do always remember over the summer when the monthly payment shows up on my credit card bill! :stress:

babenwaiting 08-17-2008 10:45 AM

Blazesyth, I WOULD go to every single game if I could ... BUT ... :( Oh, well, I have a widescreen HDTV, so next best thing! I usually manage 15 to 20 games ... that's about all my DH will spring for.

You're right ... it does become an obsession during the season, doesn't it? Oh, well, if hockey is our worst vice, we're in good company ... :D

Okay, guys, it's 39 days to our first pre-season with Ovie and the Caps! When's yours?

GO HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babenwaiting 08-20-2008 09:40 AM

Okay, 36 days to opening game! Did anyone here have the Center Ice Package, and if so, what did you pay for it last year? I'm wondering if the economic downturn is going to hurt attendance at the games very much ... they are a "luxury" for many of us ... :?:

techwife 08-20-2008 09:47 AM

I only go to pre-season games. One per year. Its the only time we can afford to go and STILL MAKE OUR MORTGAGE!! :(

babenwaiting 08-20-2008 10:45 AM

Hey there techie ... don't your pre-season games cost THE SAME as the regular? I'm pretty sure our's were the same last year. I don't think we will see as many games this year ... Pro-hockey games are expensive! :(

techwife 08-20-2008 03:22 PM

No, pre-season is WAY cheaper. I think last year we spent $30 per adult and $15 per child.

babenwaiting 09-01-2008 11:14 PM

Okay, everybody! Our first pre-season is 23 days away! :p:D:):o:p Who else is this happy???

techwife, I am sure that our pre-season games were the same price as regular last year!!! I remember being astonished! Of course, our regular season ticket prices run lower than yours overall, though. Oh, well, I'm just so glad we've got hockey in Raleigh!

GO HURRICANES!!!