3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Who Else Is Missing HOCKEY, And How Has Your Team Changed???? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/146469-who-else-missing-hockey-how-has-your-team-changed.html)

techwife 07-25-2008 09:57 AM

PRE SEASON SCHEDULE IS OUT! I'M HOPING TO GO TO THE MAPLE LEAFS GAME!! :woohoo:

GO SABRES!!

julie99s 07-25-2008 04:51 PM

I'm all for the Wings. Even when they were crappy when I was little lol. I don't tend to pay attention much in the offseason, but I did glance over their schedule and I'd heard not long ago they got the outdoors New Years Day game. Other than that, I really don't know who's coming back, and who's not (other than Hasek). October's coming fast. Guess I'd better catch up!

babenwaiting 07-26-2008 02:09 AM

The Red Wings will get a beating in Raleigh on October 13th! :D:p:devil:

julie99s 07-26-2008 08:31 AM

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

surrrrre they will, baben :P

auntie g 07-26-2008 08:35 AM

Hey Julie, even though we're Flyers fans here, DH thinks the Redwings will win the cup since they've kept the team pretty much intact for this season. Of course we're still hoping the Flyers will get it together...

julie99s 07-26-2008 10:34 AM

I was hoping to have another flyers/wings cup finals, auntie. Like back in '97 when Lindros was around (gawd I hated him against the wings though lol). Was sad that didn't pan out this year.

babenwaiting 07-26-2008 11:51 AM

julie, when the Hurricanes won the Cup a couple of years ago, the pre-season analysts put us in the absolute basement for the NHL that year! Boy, did we show 'em! :o So be careful what you bet on here ... :D ;) Thankfully, most of our injuries should be behind us when we start this season .. we were the walking wounded this past year, by the end.

Don't you guys LOVE that they're going to continue the New Year's Day Classic? Amazing last year in Buffalo; the outdoor setting was beautiful. I guess warm-winter teams will also get a turn ... they'll just have to play in the Northern snowy cities, huh?

auntie g 07-26-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julie99s (Post 2287228)
I was hoping to have another flyers/wings cup finals, auntie. Like back in '97 when Lindros was around (gawd I hated him against the wings though lol). Was sad that didn't pan out this year.

That'd be sweeeeeet!

amandaxoxo 07-27-2008 11:21 AM

Nahh... doubt it...that's my dad's birthday....he always has good luck on his birthday lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babenwaiting (Post 2286992)
The Red Wings will get a beating in Raleigh on October 13th! :D:p:devil:

babenwaiting 07-27-2008 05:29 PM

Amanda, I wish for your Dad a great birthday but a victory by the Red Wings that day will NOT be among his gifts ... :p

Summer power ranking of teams from Burnside/ESPN, if you're interested:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=3504426

GO 'CANES!!! CLIP SOME WINGS!!!

Scarlett 07-27-2008 08:35 PM

I'm a Pens fan...still heartbroken over that loss in game 6. We lost The role players and fan favorites Ruutu, Laraque, and Roberts. Also lost Malone and Hossa.

Gained a ton of players as well. The GM did a good job not overpaying anyone and alot of new guys took less to play here which is promising.

I'm anxious to see how the new guys gell with the core and how good the team turns out.

babenwaiting 08-05-2008 02:37 PM

Catherine, I think your young Pens are going to be frighteningly good this coming year!!! I think ESPN has picked them as their top team in the Eastern Conference ... (If you could just get rid of Brooks Orpik, I'd really respect most of your guys! Sorry but I can never forgive him for what he did to Erik Cole ... :()

Okay, guys, we are two months from Opening Night!!! Is everybody ready??????????????? :p:D:o

GO HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!

techwife 08-05-2008 04:49 PM

:drool:

shantroy 08-05-2008 05:23 PM

Flames fan here and I can't wait for the season to start. I'll be in the dome (helping make up the C of red!) for both the first pre-season game and the season opener. I literally can't wait. I'm not sure how I feel about us picking up Bertuzzi, he's just to much of a goon for my liking. I'm Disapointed that owan nolan has left, he was one of those under the radar players that I really enjoyed watching. I can't wait to see Phaneuf and Iggy again. Those two really know how to get the crowd going.

Hopefully, we'll be able to actually pull together and do something this season. Either way it should hopefully be a good year.

babenwaiting 08-07-2008 08:11 PM

shantroy, I can understand your feelings about Bertuzzi! I wouldn't want him playing for the 'Canes! Know what you mean about the opening games ... I want to see us welcome the Florida Panthers in for that first game for a beating (because they bumped us out of the play-offs; oh, what an awful night! :() Then I want to be there for a good go at the Red Wings on Oct. 13th!

GO 'CANES!!!