General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Default Movies

We've been having a heat wave here recently and have sought refuge in the movie theaters the past two weekends. So I thought about a thread on what movies you've seen lately and how you rate them--besides summer is coming and it seems like there is always a slew of good and bad movies out there. Let's help each other by rating what we've seen! Lets rat them on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best.

Iron Man~very entertaining for a comic book adventure. There were a few laughs, but not nearly as many as Transformers (which I loved). 8 out of 10

Chronicles of Narnia~again very entertaining and although there was fighting there wasn't any gore. Some movies go way overboard with gore (think of Sweeny Todd and 300 and the blood). 8 out of 10

Some titles for later this summer:
Journey to the Center of the Earth
The Mummy (wow 2 Brendan Frasier movies in one summer!)
Indiana Jones
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #2  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm into the scary movies, I'm looking forward to The Strangers and The Happening.

I haven't seen anything recently that I can rate, but I'll definitely rate these once I see them!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #3  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

This past weekend, I saw P.S. I Love You (with Hillary Swank) and No Reservations with Catherine Zeta-Jones. I liked both. In the past, I did not like Hillary Swank too much [can't say why] but I turned around and learned to like and appreciate her. I really, really enjoyed P.S. I Love You.

The other one, No Reservations, was slightly funny and there were bits of Pavarotti's arias in it (I love opera, so that always gets thumbs up from me).

Both are rather chick flick-ish - I am saying this if you are going with DH, it may not be his choice.

I also saw Michael Clayton recently but I would not give it more than 5/10.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

We all really enjoyed the new Narnia (even DH!). And, can't wait until we can see the new Indiana Jones and Mummy movies!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Have No Reservations, Michael Clayton, and The Last King of Scotland on the table waiting to be watched.

Just watched Lars and the Real Girl last night...too funny!
Dewey Cox-Walk Hard...kind of funny.
Went to the theater last week and saw Harold & Kumar...not as funny as the first one but okay.
The week before Baby Mama...I am a Tina Fey fan but this wasn't as funny as I had hoped, but still okay.
Waiting for The Strangers with Liv Tyler to come out...I am into scary movies as well and this looks good!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #6  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Great post idea!!

I just saw What Happens in Vegas and I'd give it 9 out of 10. It was very light-hearted and entertaining.

Also saw Made of Honor. It was cute and enjoyable, not going to be a favorite but worth seeing... 7 out of 10.

I have to give a second opinion on P.S. I Love You. I saw it when it came out at the theatre. I am a HUGE Gerard Butler fan and having to relive his death for over 1.5 hours was heartbreaking. The movie wasn't bad but I NEVER want to see it again. I literally cried through 3/4ths of the movie... very depressing.

Going to see Iron Man tomorrow.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #7  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I hadn't even thought of reporting on my rented movies. I see them CONSTANTLY! I recently saw Lars and the Real Girl as well and thought it was ridiculous (but funny). I LOVED PS I Love You, but I also cried my eyes out the entire time. An Irish accent will get me every time and I literally think I was in love by the end of the movie.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

DH, DD and I say P.S. I Love You months ago. DH confessed to crying. DD and I didn't stop the entire movie!! You really need Kleenex for that one!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:16 PM   #9  

I saw National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets on the plane out to see our favorite Mandalinn82, and saw Mad Money on the way back. Neither were particularly good, even though I was really looking forward to seeing NT2.

I'm poor, so I don't get to go to the movies often, but this weekend we're splurging and going to see Indiana Jones. So excited!
Sweet Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:56 AM   #10  
Ready to lose...

We really liked Prince Caspian as did my four year old.

Iron Man was really pretty good. No hotties like in Tranformers, I'll give you that. Shia Labeouf anyone? LOL But I hope that anyone who went and saw it sat through the credits to see an extra clip or rather "ending"?

Last edited by branflake; 06-09-2008 at 01:56 AM.
branflake is offline   Reply With Quote