General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #16  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipernoswiper View Post
little house on the prarie. every single episode gets me!
My sister and I used to watch LHOTP with kleenex stuffed under our glasses when we watched. Every single episode, just like you.

I cry watching Marching Bands. I don't know why...it feels like swelling pride or something. I don't even have to know the band or anyone in it...they go by me and I just sob!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #17  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

My son in law
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #18  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
My son in law
You'll never get over it, will you, Gary. Have you tried the bribe with the car again lately? Maybe bribe the son-in-law with the car to go away?
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #19  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
You'll never get over it, will you, Gary. Have you tried the bribe with the car again lately? Maybe bribe the son-in-law with the car to go away?
NEVER! .... his grandparents paid his car off a few months ago....guess I should have had 3 jobs this year!! The way I figure...the way gas keeps going up...since she lives about 35 miles from me...I may never see her again! ....dang kidnapper ....oh wait...she has $$$ and a solid job!

She gave me a book of her wedding for Christmas...had a picture in it of me begging her to accept the car right before we walked down the "outside" asile....beautiful yellow "matchbox" Ferrari!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #20  

Has anyone seen P.S. I Love You? SO SAD!
Hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #21  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Seems like a common thread here ... we're all a bunch of marshmallows! I've always known that I was a 'TURTLEDOVE' since I was a little girl ~ couldn't stand to see another child alone or sick or sad: had to do something for them for sure. Many of the same as already mentioned -- starving children, sick or hurt animals, bad memories from my childhood, and of course, sad movies or shows. Heck, I cry all the time ~ so yes, I do have a 'heart of glass' ... or is that just a very 'loving heart'?

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-09-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #22  
Operator265

I'm an miner, not a marshmallow!!! Yeah right!!! I just got to thinking about my pomeranian again and am misted over. I can't think of him for 10 sec. w/o crying again.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #23  

Height: 5'4"

I cry pretty much anytime I hear stories about sick or dying kids. And any of those animal abuse stories or dogs dying.

As far as TV and movie stuff. I cried at this seasons House finale too, a few episodes of ER have really gotten to me (when Greene died, another one where a baby monkey died, etc).

I watched the movie Brian's Song when the new version came out several years ago, I heard it was really sad and knew I probably shouldnt watch it, but I did and was absolutely bawling. Castaway got to me too, when he loses his "friend" Wilson.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #24  

Height: 5'4"

I am a big cry baby! I cry over lots of stuff. My husband tells me I am not allowed to watch Animal Planet when I am home alone cause he will call from work and I will be crying. I can't stand to see dogs hurt, breaks my heart!!! Grey's Anatomy makes me cry alot. I cried like a baby during the season finale!!!
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #25  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

This story made me cry today!

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app...0319/1001/NEWS
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:21 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 325/ticker/175

Height: 5'3

I cry over so many things lol.. if i hear a really awesome singer it gives me goosebumps and can make me cry.. here are a few movies that got to me
1. armageddon- the part where ben aflek was pushed back in the tube by bruce willis.. omg lol
2. independance day - the pres speach lol
3. steel magnolias - sally field at the cemetary
4. forest gump - too many to list
5. an affair to remember- the ending.. each and every time i see it.. i can even be telling someone about it and start balling.
there are so many. .i cry if sometning is sad, sweet, etc.. glad to see there are others like me around lol
jimaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #27  

Height: 5'9"

Babies being born, and weddings...ON TV. I'm a nerd. Baby story makes me cry SO MUCH, great show!. .
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
Hallmark commercials make me cry.
Budweiser commercials for me - the ones with dalmations and clydesdales - (not the frogs ) like the recent one with the the theme from Rocky playing? I start getting misty about the time the horse is pulling the boxcar and by the time they "high five" each other, it's all I can do to keep from sobbing out loud. Every freaking time I see it too. I wait for the whole year to see what commercial Bud is going to debut at the Superbowl - even if my team isn't playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateRN View Post
Awk, I just had to go peek. Thank goodness I'm all alone at the far end of the warehouse where no one can hear me blowing my nose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLouWho View Post
Forrest Gump. Oh Gawd. And I've seen the danged movie probably fifty times.

Oh, and another vote here for those Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials.
Well, golly, reminding me of the ASPCA commercials just pushed me right over the edge. I'm officially sniveling now........... Don't think I better read any more.

Oh yeah, but I can't forget to add - when I hear the Star Spangled Banner (sung plainly - not all "jazzed up") especially at a sporting event when the Air Force does the flyover.........

Last edited by yoyonomoreinvegas; 09-08-2008 at 05:24 PM.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #29  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

There are a few country songs that make me cry every time I hear them. Why only country music, I do not know. To name a few:

The Good Stuff & There Goes My Life by Kenny Chesney

Don't Take the Girl by Tim McGraw

And oh my gosh, the "hugging lion" anyone?

Last edited by just keep swimming; 09-08-2008 at 05:38 PM.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #30  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Lots more things than you would think possible (if you ever met me) make me cry. Usually sad old men... Loneliness... In that, when I see other people who are lonely. It makes me very sad.

And yeah, PhotoChick, Hallmark commercials make me cry, too!
Me too! Really old guys who are hunched over and working at the grocery store or the 7-11 when they should be sitting on a porch watching their grandkids. They always seem so incredibly lonely.

Anything having to do with animals. I was watching this special on the rehab of the Michael Vick pit bulls and I was sobbing the entire time.

Don't even get me started on the Sarah McLachlan animal rescue PSA.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote