General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #1  
Smartypants

Question Female issue - I'm totally clueless!!!

K now if this isn't where this needs to go please by all means move it and I'm gonna try not to be tmi here but I've got to hear if this is normal... :takes deep breath:

Okay... it is (and has been) that TOM. Judging from my trusty calendar, Saturday 1/5/08 is when I slashed my eating back to normal tones (well, what I want to be normal). So that been, almost 3 weeks ago. I've not cheated one time. Now, by that calendar I was due last week for TOM, which means I was ovulating and hormones raging when I made that diet switch. :yes yes I know stupid me shouldn't have done that:

Well this week I have been cramping a lot, just an achiness I guess. But all there is, is a pink tinge. It's like, Aunt Flow is playing with me. This has been the case for 2 1/2 days now.

Now the moral of this horrid story is to ask one simple question: when you ladies did something huge to your eating habits, and it was close to your TOM, did you experience what I am experiencing? Man I feel so ******ed. I'm like, "cramping's fine but let's see some action".

Last edited by txangelgirl; 01-25-2008 at 12:03 AM.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

never had quite that happen, but when i lost a lot of weight rapidly i did experience spotting when i shouldn't have been bleeding - something about estrogen is stored in fat cells and when they shrink it's released into your body and it can mess with your cycle? i'm on the pill so im pretty much like clockwork but i've noticed as i've lost my tom is shorter and i have much less pms (even on the pill when i was at my HW and even through about 40lbs lost i had bad bad cramps and a heavy flow and awful cramps and satan like mood swings)
anyway, i don't know if i answered your question, but yes, WL and changing the way i ate DID mess with my cycle.
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

When your body goes through periods of stress, you can stop ovulating. Between the day you ovulate and the first day of your period is a pretty standard fourteen days, but that time before you ovulate can be any length of time.

When my husband first left for Korea and the kids and I were still in the States, I went about 80 days without ovulating. I actually didn't ovulate until the day we got on the plane to come over here! That cycle was 96 days long or something like that.

If you changed your eating habits dramatically or you've been really stressed about other things in your life, you may have actually not ovulated. It's possible that the spotting and cramping you're getting now is from ovulating and you won't have your period for another two weeks.

Of course, if you feel something is up or this is just super abnormal for you, make an appointment with your care provider just to check everything out.

Hope that helps!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:25 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

All I can do is second Kara's post! She put it perfectly.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #5  

My cycle changed from a perfect 28-day cycle to about a five week cycle after I started Weight Watchers.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:16 PM   #6  

Actually now you mention it I kick started my diet again in the middle of this months site and TOM has not shown up yet…
Moosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #7  
Smartypants

LOLOLOLOL! I started my period this morning hahaha. I was a whole WEEK late. With pink for all that time. Yeah that makes total perfect sense, thank you thank you. I think you are absolutely right, that this change screwed up my cycle...hopefully it will line itself out again.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Ever since I started losing weight I get a couple days of light flow, then nothing for a day or two, then the real TOM starts. Not sure if it's related but definitely sounds similar to yours.

Hehe, I guess I wasn't much help
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote