General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default The Police on Tour 2007-2008

The Police, (Stew, Sting and Andy) are banding together and going on tour after many years apart pursuing their solo or other respective careers. Any old or new fans out there? I'm waiting 3 minutes until tickets go on sale online here in Hawaii. They are having a concert out here in February. Anyone else plan on catching a show in your town? What are some of your favorite Police songs?

The one that's playing over and over in my head is "So Lonely"
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by melekalikimaka View Post
.... What are some of your favorite Police songs?......
Let's see...favorite police songs...how 'bout that one "bad boys bad boys what'cha gonna do when sheriff..."
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

Touche!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:36 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

well at least you get to play on Jan. 1...ain't that just sugar bowl sweet!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Saw them in Denver earlier this year. They were good and played a lot of songs that we were just like, "Oh, yeah, I remember this one!" I'd forgotten how many hits they have since the '70's.

The one thing I noticed is the antics of Andy Summer. He just seems to have a bit of animosity towards Sting still. He'll do anything to get attention and almost not in a good way. I've gotta be honest, it turned me off to them. Sting held his composure as usual and Stew is as cool as ever.

The playlist was great, an awesome mix and we left on a high! Didn't go for the $250 seats, but the $50 ones and I was happy. I refuse to give that kind of $$ to artists cuz I feel like I'd be getting fleeced, IMO.

Hope you get to go!!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

I'm stoked, I got the cheap nosebleed seats, but the arena here only holds 8,000 people so any seat is a good seat. I was online as soon as it went on sale and bought 2 tickets @ $75 each (not including the highway robbery "convenience" charge and service charges). My sister was standing in line at a local outlet, and they didn't even have any "cheap" seats, they were all $250. So I tried to go back online for her for the cheapest ones, but of course they sold out. I got her the 2nd cheapest seats so she was happy. My girlfriend sprang for the $250 tickets and my sister's $95 tickets have a better view and is closer to the stage. So yeah, you're right about getting fleeced. THe show is totally sold out so they may just add another one.

I love Sting, he is so uber musically talented. Andy probably has sour grapes that his career never took off the way Sting's did, boo-hoo! Can't wait to see the show!