General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-29-2007, 03:07 AM   #16  
super geek

S/C/G: 185/151/138

Height: 5'9

Mmhmm, it's just like getting an amazing haircut and then not being able to style it like the hairdresser... it's just not the same as learning how to do it to be somehwat far-fetched, give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
rocket pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:48 AM   #17  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I love What Not To Wear! I love both Stacy and Clinton (and Nick and Carmindy, too, for that matter). I desperately want to be on the show but I don't think I dress poorly enough (of course, that's what everyone on the show says ) I've even gotten my SO hooked on it. A friend and I rate our clothing based on the show--we'll say things like "Stacy and Clinton would approve of these boots" or "this fleece jacket is definitely WNTW."
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #18  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Haha...I go shopping with my mom, and her clothing choices tend to drive me crazy. She watches too. I always say "Mama, Stacy and Clinton would NOT approve"...I can get about 3 or 4 of these in before she tells me to shut up and let her shop!
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #19  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I am a huge fan of the show as well as the channel - you get some great ideas
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #20  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I used to watch it all the time when I was still home with the kids. Now that I work full time, I'll see it if I've got a day off without having to do all the running around (extremely rare)
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #21  

Height: 5'8

I've watched various version, I prefer the UK one with Trinny & Susannah (original version, I think). It really does help to see the change. A number of times, they've showed women with baggy tops vs. fitted (not tight tops) and the difference was enough to get me out of baggy, jewel neck line sweater sets and into v tops, wrap tops, button down blouses etc. It does emphasize the weight loss and I've gotten a lot of compliments. And they had one woman they took to the queen's bra maker. I swear, the better fit on the bra made her look a good 10-15 pounds lighter.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 PM   #22  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Clinton and Stacy are my FAV's If I am home alone I WATCH!!! My family doesnt like the show or any other shows like that and I LOVE THEM, but we only have one TV that has cable/satelite so for now we just all watch the same shows that everyone agree's on. Or they have to go watch a DVD/video in the other room.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

If you like WNTW try Tim Gunn's Guide to Style on Bravo. He has a computer program that takes the persons measurements and shows a figure wearing different styles. Sometimes it's not until that bit that I see what the person's dressing challenge might be.

Trinny and Suzannah are amazing, I like Clinton, but sometimes Stacy is on my last nerve. I'm beginning to believe that particular nerve is getting shorter and shorter and super hyper sensitive these days!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angie loves the show...it is on our 'date night" we usually go out to dinner then watch Ghost Whisper and retire to bed while she watches What Not To Wear and I snnnnnoooooozzzzzz off sleepppppppppppppp..........
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote