General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 8"

Default Really Long Drama!

Anyone like soap operas? Here is a good one:

So there is this girl I used to be friends with. I'll call her "Lori" and we went on a road trip with some other friends which resulted in this girl acting crazy, swearing at me, and being a dumb drunk *****!

For example:
I asked her to quit yelling in our hotel so we didnt' get the cops called on us, cuz she was telling one of our other friends "Beth" that Beth is a racist because she doesn't know how it is to not be white, which was just plain stupid drunk ramblings and this Beth is not racist in any way! So Lori starts screaming about me telling me to F off and getting all up in my face! Finally I think I shoved her on the bed and told her she need to Shut the **** up and pass out! Which she did with much huff, she threw herself back on the bed and drunkinly flung the covers over her head.

Example Two:
My other friend "Sara" who did not know the other girls very well was our ride. She drove us down there and said she didn't mind if the other girls smoked cigarrettes but to please limit it to one at a time and please don't smoke much at all. This Lori, then on the ride back home, chain smoked the whole way back. My friend Sara was getting really irrked and so I asked if Lori could please refrain from smoking until we reach home which was about 3 hours away. She then goes on a rant of how I shouldn't tell her what to do, and she can't help it she's addicted to ciggarettes and was spazzing out! I told her she should respect the wishes of the person who graciously volunteered to drive since no one else had a car that would make it!

So this girl just when psychotic on me. I was hurt that she would act so vicious to me not just once but twice on a trip where we were all supposed to be having fun. Not to mention other scandalous behavior she engaged in. So anyways, I was also slightly embarrassed because of the total disrespect she showed to my friend Sara, whose car it was.

So after the trip I decided I needed a break from her and that if she valued our friendship she would call me and try and make it right or make up. I didn't even care if she apologized she could have called and said, "I know things got crazy that weekend and we probably have different opinions of what happened but let's not let it end our friendship." But she never ever called me again! I guess I could have called her, but I felt she attacked me and if that was how she was going to treat me I probably didn't need her in my life.

Sooo, after about 2 years I tried to initiate a friendship with her again. I called her about every day for 2 weeks. Finally I realized she wasn't calling me at all, so I suggested the last time I talked to her for her to call me and so we could set up a time to go meet and have coffee and catch up. AND AGAIN, she never called me again. So I figured it was a futile attempt. And she didn't want to be my friend and didn't care about us and didn't value our friendship at all.

So I moved on, I got over it. I told myself I don't need friends that. And I DID! And it's been close to 7 years!!! Then last night I see this Lori at the bar my sister works at. I don't drink so I was not drunk and she was really drunk. She had asked my sister previously in the night, If I still hated her? and my sister came over and said that to me and I was like, "I don't even care about her. I don't think about her in anyway, I'm over it, It was so long ago, it doesn't even concern me anymore!"

So I don't know if my sister replied to her or not, but I was trying to hang out with my friends and hang out with my sis while she's working and NOT get involved with drunk dramatic girls! But of course she eventually came over to me and said in a really drunk-slurring-too-close-to-my-face-manner, "Do you hate me? Because I didn't know you were so angry with me? I thought if you were my friend that you would know that wasn't how I really was and that it was just a drunk crazy weekend. And blah, blah, blah!"

So she caught me right as I was about to walk out the door and I didn't really want to be there talking to this drunk girl. So I wasn't really warm and receptive to her. Plus she said, that my sister had told her maybe she should apologize so that's why she was apologizing because she didn't know that that's what she should do. she actually said that! My friend that I was with also got a little irkked at that moment and said ," So what's your point?!?" Cuz, duh that's not an apology when you tell someone you don't think you need to and that someone else just told you too and that's your reason for apologizing, that's just bullcrap.

In the end I ended up being like "Look, Lori, this isn't something to be discussed at a bar when you're drunk. And I got somewhere else to go" And I turned and left. Then today I get a message from her on myspace : "i'm not trying to get us to be buddy buddy or anything but it would be nice if you didn't radiate hate towards me. it was five years ago. that whole weekend sucked for me. i had no idea why you were so angry with me, everyone gets drunk and does stupid **** and i did apologize the next morning. when we got back rachel told me you were mad at me and yeah, i was like whatever. i don't think that that calls for a five year grudge. "

so this is my reply:
"I didn't radiate hate toward you. I am indifferent. I don't know you, we are not friends. Yah that was a long *** time ago, I got over it. Sorry but I was about to leave last night and you got in my face. I really don't like drunk people trying to get in my face. How would you even know if I was angry with you? You never called to ask, you never called to talk to me ever again. I wouldn't even have cared if you had not apologize, you just never called again. That showed me what you thought of us, basically nothing. I was not in the mood to deal with drama last night. And besides, I f*cking DID try to be friends with you again. I started calling you and we talked for about everyday for 2 weeks like 4 years ago when I lived at my mom's. But I was the one calling you and so you were supposed to call me one time so we could plan on getting together and go to coffee and again, you just never called me again. So don't put this all on me, I tryed, I figured it wasn't meant to be, if you cared so little to put any effort into our friendship. It's taken YOU 5 or 6 years, however long its been, to even try and reach out to me. I realized long ago you didn't want to be friends with me so I dealt with back then. "

I am so annoyed! I don't know even what to say because it's not that I'm holding a grudge, I LET GO! I got over the end of our friendship and I don't see any reason to go through all that drama again! Maybe to some people that's called holding a grudge, but when people in my life treat me like crap and don't try and maintain a friendship, that's pretty obvious to me they don't care about our friendship or me and that I don't need those people in my life. So when I see them out and about years later I don't feel the need to rekindle an old dead friendship! Why does that make me a bad person?

Anyways, thanks for reading this if you've gotten this far. And thanks for letting me vent. Cuz I dont' really want to talk about this with my real friends cuz I feel it would just be gossipping about "Lori" and I don't want to be that kind of person, so this is my outlet!
Sun_Flower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I believe Lori might have a problem with alcohol. It just might be that she doesn't remember some things due to being in an alcoholic fog. I would stay away from her as it as is impossible to have a sensible conversation with a drunk.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #3  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Lori is just a nasty person .. she wasn't drunk in the car she did that t piss you'll off . drinking makes her worse but all in all she is just a cow .. You are better off telling her to go to AA then you are trying to be that girls friend... its physcos like her that ruin every night out , road trip and special occasion.. When your other friends get fed up with her they will blame you for the **** she puts them through.. she is nothing but trouble.. I hope you dont bump into her again .. and if you do i would tell her straight .. i dont like you because you are a nasty person .. you weren't drunk when you chose to be a ***** and chain smoke in the car and yelling at me about it was just way off.. good bye ... and leave me alone..

she would seriously piss me right off and I'm surprised you even called her .. maybe you should just completely ignore her and not respond to her myspace bull **** too..

What ever you do just make sure it is a clear message that she needs to get lost permanently
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, it's been many years, I thought you said you moved past it. So, move past it. Why waste your time and energy at this late date? If possible, just avoid her in the future, don't call, don't talk, don't write, etc. Surely you have better things and people to spend your time and energy on. You won't change her by talking to her, and especially not when she's drunk.

Stop letting this upset you! It's been enough, already.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

I've had friends like that too... you know, you can be totally over it...but sometimes it's like they don't let you get over it. Like where they can't stand to have someone not like them, so then they go out of their way to either annoy the crap out of you, or try and be friends again.

My theory is once a crappy friend, always a crappy friend. ...people make mistakes, these don't typically make you ANGRY though. like real angry.

I'd just ignore her. and when she tries to talk to you, just tell her you don't have anything to say to her that hasn't already been said.
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #6  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

"Lori" sounds selfish, immature, and a tad spiteful. She also sounds like the type of "friend" who wants you to do all the work in maintaining the relationship.

You definitely are better off without a negative person like that in your life. As others have already said, you should probably ignore her and/or make it very clear to her that you have zero interest in rebuilding a friendship with her.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:58 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

You moved past it once, you can do it again. She's quite obviously not worth it. Let that be your final reply to her. You'll be a better person if you don't respond to her drunken nonsense.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote