3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   The Jerk List (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/126739-jerk-list.html)

cbmare 11-08-2007 12:35 PM

The Jerk List

My thread about the sign on my car got me to thinking. We need a jerk list.

I would like to put drivers who merge but don't stop for oncoming traffic. They expect someone on the expressway to come to a screeching halt so they can proceed slowly into traffic.

Who would you like to add?

dixied 11-08-2007 12:53 PM

I'd like to add husbands who don't return movies to blockbuster on time, causing blockbuster to charge the wife's debit card $78. :kickbutt:

almostheaven 11-08-2007 01:29 PM

The idiot with the loud obnoxious motorcycle who likes to rev it up late in the evening. Guess what?! You're NOT cool fool.

The idiot with the Dukes of Hazard car horn who thinks it's a real hoot. Get outta the 70's dude!

The idiot who likes to cut me off on the interstate just so he can get in front of me and have his wife throw her butt out the window onto the hood of my car. Luckily it was only her cigarette butt. The other one could've done some major damage. Yowza!

The idiots who allow their dogs to roam free, despite all leash laws, so they can crap in my yard. At least, unlike my husband, I wasn't walking barefoot.

I try to laugh at all the idiots I possibly can. It beats wringing their neck. Ok...it really doesn't. But it does beat 1 to 5 for assault.

midwife 11-08-2007 02:16 PM

The idiot who wolf-whistled at me when I was running last night. Women feel vulnerable running anyway, and that doesn't help. I'm not out there for your entertainment, Numb Nuts!

Casandra 11-08-2007 02:23 PM

I'd like to add my neighbours. The first one likes to take motorbike trips every weekend and starts his bikes...yes bikes..two of them up at like 6am on a SATURDAY. He also likes to play the Welsh National Anthem as loud as possible when we watch TV (we live in a duplex like house).

And the lady who lives next door to that guy. She lets her cat out and just leaves it out all day. It craps in our yard and more specifically...our driveway and walkways! She also has a dog that she doesnt take care of.

I'd also like to add the people who take their sweet time driving in and out of parking lots, then when in the store, they again take their sweet time lolling about...leaving their carts in the middle of an aisle to go get something they forgot in the previous aisle.

Also, people who bring their small children to restaurants. The fancy ones. Places like McDonalds were made specifically for screaming kids, not places like The Olive Garden or Red Lobster.

FlabulessPhyllis 11-08-2007 02:25 PM

Oh mare I feel for you. I used to like in the Bay Area and I have never seen such thoughtless psycho drivers! I wouldn't even drive on the highway. I made my husband drive. We can add my younger brother to the jerk list. He's totaled three cars.

shelby897 11-08-2007 03:03 PM

The jerk who lets their kids propel the car door open and smash my car or the jerk who, when my kids were little and they were in those carry car seats, would park so close to my car I either had to "throw" the baby across from the other side or back up and move my car to get them in their side.

StillTryin 11-08-2007 03:11 PM

I hate to say it but my daughter is on my "list" right now...she gave 2 of her friends gas at our personal gas pump at home (we have like a 500 gallon tank that we use for OUR vehicles) it is not the local gas station child!!!! And then I saw that she drew on my husbands filthy vehicle so it has some "cute" little sayings, similar to "wash me" but nicer, and I HATE when people do that. So she will be washing a truck tonight!!!!!

Usually I do like her more..lol

ANOther 11-08-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillTryin (Post 1923328)
I hate to say it but my daughter is on my "list" right now...she gave 2 of her friends gas at our personal gas pump at home (we have like a 500 gallon tank that we use for OUR vehicles) it is not the local gas station child!!!!

Gracious me, what do you do, run a trucking company out of your home?

Brendansmum 11-08-2007 03:17 PM

"the jerk who, when my kids were little and they were in those carry car seats, would park so close to my car I either had to "throw" the baby across from the other side or back up and move my car to get them in their side."

That is too funny!! I know just what you mean. I still have to get my youngest in his car seat and hate it when people park too close and I am almost in his lap trying to buckle him in. I must also comment on the kids in a restaurant, which I know it was not meant to offend and I have seen my share of crazy kids and parents who just don't care. I really like when your in a booth with kids next to you and they are hanging all over the booth and hitting you in the head and so forth. It's not the child's fault by any means but what are the parents thinking. I have also seen some adults who should not be allowed in "fancy" restaurants, belching, blowing their nose at the table and some other pretty nasty manners. My addition to the jerk list happened to me again the other day. When your waiting for a parking spot and someone else comes around the corner and thinks for some reason that your just sitting there with you blinker on for your health. And they must be deaf as well because the honking of the horn does nothing to deter them.

cbmare 11-08-2007 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Brendansmum;1923338My addition to the jerk list happened to me again the other day. When your waiting for a parking spot and someone else comes around the corner and thinks for some reason that your just sitting there with you blinker on for your health. And they must be deaf as well because the honking of the horn does nothing to deter them.[/QUOTE]

Makes ya wanna pull in and park too close to the drivers door, doesn't it?

cbmare 11-08-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANOther (Post 1923334)
Gracious me, what do you do, run a trucking company out of your home?

I was wondering the same thing. How do you get that thing refilled? You must have quite a bit of space to get one of those gas trucks in.

Lovestorun 11-08-2007 03:28 PM

I would like to add to my "jerk list" the snowbirds that come
down to Florida every single winter (about this time). Not only
do they NOT know how to drive anywhere but they all drive
too damn S-L-O-W. Now, I by no means am a speed demon
but at least do the speed limit for goodness sake! They also
do nothing but complain, complain, complain and while Iam
on this subject- they also make all the resturants in the
area way to crowded, they really need to go eailer in the day
so those of us who work can go at a normal hour. UGH!:mad:

Brendansmum 11-08-2007 03:30 PM

cbmare, I got a good laugh out of that one. But as soon as you did that their kid would slam the car door into yours :D

mandalinn82 11-08-2007 03:33 PM

Anyone who uses a community/joint laundry facility and leaves their clothes in the washers or dryers more than 10 minutes after the cycle finishes. Bonus points for people who leave them for an hour, on days when washers and dryers are at a premium.

nelie 11-08-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casandra (Post 1923275)
Also, people who bring their small children to restaurants. The fancy ones. Places like McDonalds were made specifically for screaming kids, not places like The Olive Garden or Red Lobster.

I'd put that as more of a sign of improperly taught manners. I don't have kids but I've seen many well behaved children in restaurants and I've even seen parents harass their kids into crying at restaurants.

Of some of the really nice restaurants, I've never seen any kids in but regular restaurants, I think parents should bring their kids and teach them how to act in the restaurant. Of course some of the parents don't know how to act themselves...

Casandra 11-08-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 1923389)
I'd put that as more of a sign of improperly taught manners. I don't have kids but I've seen many well behaved children in restaurants and I've even seen parents harass their kids into crying at restaurants.

Of some of the really nice restaurants, I've never seen any kids in but regular restaurants, I think parents should bring their kids and teach them how to act in the restaurant. Of course some of the parents don't know how to act themselves...

I more meant the younger toddlers and infants who do not yet understand how to behave in nicer places. I've been in places where a two year old starts screaming bloody murder and the parents do nothing about it, "Oh, we dont believe in being negative towards little Tommy, with our gestures or our words"

I was in a pub the other week and a teenage mother brought her newborn, I swear it couldnt have been a month old, into the pub, and had a bacardi and coke and then a few other various mixers.

Irresponsible parents also should go on the list.

nelie 11-08-2007 04:11 PM

woah nice! Yeah I'm a believer that babies need to stay home for the most part. I know parents want to go out but especially new borns shouldn't be out and about.

StillTryin 11-08-2007 04:16 PM

Casandra, I agree, IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS!!!!!! Dont get me started!

And NO we do not run a trucking company......lol We do however FARM. So we have (2) 500 gallon gas and diesel tanks and the regular unleaded tank we use to fill our car and pickup along with the grain/dump trucks. So we have a big truck come when we are low and refill us as needed. So we end up paying like $2500 at a time for "gas"...OUCH!!!!

FrouFrou 11-08-2007 04:33 PM

Parents who let their kids have free run of the store and dumb drivers. Especially the ones who can't seem to talk on the phone and drive at the same time, ugh!

melekalikimaka 11-08-2007 04:55 PM

Mine are pet related...

Irresponsible pet owners who walk their dogs but don't pick up their dog's business. When I walk my dog I always carry plastic bags to pick up what my dog makes--I don't need the evil-eye from joggers, other dog walkers or homeowners who think I was the one who left a big pile just because I was the one they happen to see walking by. :mad:

Oooh, another peeve--people who use retractable leashes that can't control their dogs. I've been walking my dog (on a short 4' leather lead) and some lady with two or three neurotic pooches all on retractables, all going in different directions and her dogs nearly attack mine and get her and me all tangled up in the stupid length of leash. GO HOME or get a REAL leash that works to restrain your dog.

Both of the above jerks don't deserve to have pets. :mad:

wifey bullseye 11-08-2007 05:03 PM

To the lady that posted about someone stealing your parking space...I have one word for you...TOWANDA!

Haha!

nelie 11-08-2007 05:24 PM

I had a large dog come at my dog the other day because the dog got away from his owner. The large dog wanted to play with my dog but my dog doesn't like to be approached quickly by large dogs so she got nervous. The dog owner asked me to pick my dog up. My dog weighs about 40 lbs. I could've picked my dog up but it would've just made my dog even more defensive, its not like she weighs 10 lbs.

My biggest complaint is with dog owners who don't pick up there mess although that is a complaint. It is with horse owners who take their horses on common walking paths. A big pile of horse poo is not what I want to see on my dog walk.

alinnell 11-08-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 1923529)
I had a large dog come at my dog the other day because the dog got away from his owner. The large dog wanted to play with my dog but my dog doesn't like to be approached quickly by large dogs so she got nervous. The dog owner asked me to pick my dog up. My dog weighs about 40 lbs. I could've picked my dog up but it would've just made my dog even more defensive, its not like she weighs 10 lbs.

Nelie~if the larger dog was aggressive, picking up your dog could cause the aggressive dog to attack either your or the dog or both of you. Even bending over to pick up the dog could have caused the other dog to do that. I hope you gave the owner an earful!

Could the jerks who hit their bright lights and leave them on please stand up? I'd like to give you all a thorough lashing! Oh, and the folks who don't signal to change lanes, but just start going slower and slower as if they expect everyone around them to recognize that slowing automatically means they'll merge somewhere: first of all, you're holding up traffic in your lane and making everyone in the other lane wonder what the hold up is. Learn how to properly use your signal!!!

ANOther 11-08-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillTryin (Post 1923420)
NO we do not run a trucking company......lol We do however FARM. So we have (2) 500 gallon gas and diesel tanks and the regular unleaded tank we use to fill our car and pickup along with the grain/dump trucks. So we have a big truck come when we are low and refill us as needed. So we end up paying like $2500 at a time for "gas"...OUCH!!!!

Ok, I dig. I'm a city mouse and the closest I ever get to farms is I have one cousin who lives out in the middle of farm country (in a subdivision, but with farms all around it) and I've visited him up there occasionally. ::braces for 50 lashes with lo-carb wet noodle::

cbmare 11-08-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wifey bullseye (Post 1923504)
To the lady that posted about someone stealing your parking space...I have one word for you...TOWANDA!

Haha!

:rofl: :lol3:

:rofl: :lol3:

melekalikimaka 11-08-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 1923529)
... The dog owner asked me to pick my dog up.

Seriously, I would've said "Um, excuse me, but RESTRAIN YOUR DOG!" That would've pissed me off. And as Allison said, picking up your dog could cause the other dog to attack both you and your dog. What an idiot!

I just thought of another one: Bad parents who don't control their children and let them just run wild, out of their line of sight....and these kids come running up to my dog and try to pet her. Granted, my dog likes kids, but come on people! You have to teach your kids that you don't just run up to strange dogs and try to touch them, especially if the kids are toddler sized and at the dogs eye-level. The kid would lose an eye, nose, finger, hand or whatever body part the dog would grab if it perceived your child as a threat. OK, end-rant about people, my animals and theirs (er, children) :lol:

I'm gonna go and watch Fried Green Tomatoes, maybe that would let me cool off a bit! :lol:

newFannie07 11-08-2007 07:00 PM

People who interrupt me when I am helping a customer. I am most likely discussing an imporant medical issue (I am a pharmaicst) and don't need to be distracted by you wanting to know where the dang toothpaste is. Wait your darn turn! I will give you as much attention when it is your turn. Not before.

Also, hang up your phone before you ask for my help. It is just plain rude to interact with another person while yacking on the dang phone. Give others some respect.

mandalinn82 11-08-2007 07:05 PM

Oh, the people who stay on the phone while interacting with people working are the WORST. The few times I have been engaged in a phone conversation and needed to check out, I have said to the person I was talking to "hold on one moment, I'm checking out at the grocery store" or whatever it is, and then apologized to the person helping me. I try not to do it, but my mom has an uncanny knack for calling me while I'm waiting in line.

cbmare 11-08-2007 07:15 PM

Oh! ITA about people yacking on the phone. I hate going into a business and the person holds up a hand to let me know to wait until they are off the phone. I don't mind doing that when they are on a business call. But please! Telling someone about your latest haircut isn't on my agenda of business calls.

cbmare 11-08-2007 07:18 PM

AND ANOTHER CELL PHONE ONE!

Do you remember my telling you about the lady in the next stall asking me to "hold it" until she was off the phone?

She was in the building a while back and was yacking away again. This time she was standing in front of our office door! She kept holding up her hand to kinda tell me I was disturbing her. I put my hand on her shoulder and nudged her. She looked around and made some sort of remark about being on the phone. I remarked back that she's blocking a door. MOVE!

She could have sat in one of the chairs by the fountain or gone outside. Out of all the offices in this building, she had to stand in front of our door.

I don't like her.

Lovely 11-08-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovestorun (Post 1923360)
I would like to add to my "jerk list" the snowbirds that come
down to Florida every single winter (about this time). Not only
do they NOT know how to drive anywhere but they all drive
too damn S-L-O-W. Now, I by no means am a speed demon
but at least do the speed limit for goodness sake! They also
do nothing but complain, complain, complain and while Iam
on this subject- they also make all the resturants in the
area way to crowded, they really need to go eailer in the day
so those of us who work can go at a normal hour. UGH!:mad:

:rofl: I have to put up with those guys in the spring summer & fall! Have fun with them during the winter months :devil:

GatorgalstuckinGA 11-08-2007 09:20 PM

and on the note of irresponsible pet owners...hmm many. Definately the retractable leashes...they suck...please control your pet before it gets 20 ft away from you. Please pick up your pets poo..i do it, it hasn't killed me and it definately won't kill you.
But the best ones are the owner that bring me a sick and or limping dog for me to examine...then when i tell them what test i need/want to run...they tell me..nope i can't do anything and leave. Well why the F did you just waste my time and frustrate me. I'm here to help your pet...but i can't do it by just waving my hands over it like some evangelical preacher and yelling "thou art healed" For pete's sake people..i'm a veterinarian..not god.

almostheaven 11-08-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 1923389)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Casandra (Post 1923275)

Same thing I was thinking. I've been taking my son to restaurants since his birth. And I LOVE The Olive Garden. And...they even have kid menus there, so they do cater to children. However, I've eaten out with my cousin when her children were younger. It isn't even the kids manners most time, but the parents inability to control the child. And she did NOT control hers...PLUS they were ill mannered kids. It was totally embarrassing.

My son is two, and very rambunctious. But he is very well behaved in restaurants...for the most part. When he isn't, we go to the restroom or maybe have to leave. I don't just sit at the table and allow him to disturb other customers. Even as an infant, the car carrier doubled well as a rocker. Just sit it on the table and rock him with one hand while I eat with the other. Kept him happy and quiet and mom got to enjoy a good meal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANOther (Post 1923548)
Quote:

Originally Posted by StillTryin (Post 1923420)
And NO we do not run a trucking company......lol We do however FARM. So we have (2) 500 gallon gas and diesel tanks and the regular unleaded tank we use to fill our car and pickup along with the grain/dump trucks. So we have a big truck come when we are low and refill us as needed. So we end up paying like $2500 at a time for "gas"...OUCH!!!!

Ok, I dig. I'm a city mouse and the closest I ever get to farms is I have one cousin who lives out in the middle of farm country (in a subdivision, but with farms all around it) and I've visited him up there occasionally. ::braces for 50 lashes with lo-carb wet noodle::

Got a friend in NC in farm country. Her neighbors have a large farm. And they own gas stations. So they have a pump in their driveway for their personal vehicles and farm equipment. I was sooooo sorely tempted to fill up before leaving. LOL Sadly, they don't trust anyone and lock the darn thing. Dang! People don't trust anyone anymore. ::snicker::

Lovely 11-09-2007 11:55 AM

I wholehearted agree about not using one's cell phone when being helped at a store. I used to cashier when I was a teenager. And yes, I'm working, and yes I'm getting paid to stand there, but it doesn't give you the right to be rude to me. I'm trying to help you out! So thank you to those who put their phones down for 5 minutes while you're interacting with me.

Even more than that... PEOPLE WHO TALK ON CELL PHONES IN A RESTAURANT. If you NEED to take a call, and it rings in the restaurant, PLEASE for the love of all that is holy step outside!

I have a few aquaintances who will take a call at the table while one of our friends is talking and I cannot stand it. It's so absolutely rude. The person in front of your face is highest priority. (I will say that bars emergencies but that's obvious. And I mean hospital & death sort of emergencies, not little Timmy won't go to sleep so I need to talk to the babysitter for 15 minutes emergencies.)

It annoys me, because when someone is on the phone, we're all used to trying to be quiet around them so that they are better able to hear the person on the other end. (Or so I was taught when I was young and we only had phones in our houses.) So now we have cell phones all over the place (And that's fine. I use one exclusively, no land line.) However, when I go to use my phone, if I happen to be in a public place, I say excuse me to the person I am speaking with, and I make sure the conversation on the other end is brief and to the point. I say excuse me again when returning to interact with the person who is in front of me. And if I am in a restaurant, I GO OUTSIDE! I don't care if it's -20 degrees out. Your conversation is not so important as to hold the rest of the restaurant hostage while you blab away. And that's what they do. They hold all conversation hostage until they're done.

There was this one time in particular that I was hanging out after work with a co-worker and we go into a restaurant for some dinner and she spends the whole dinner calling both a car dealership and her husband back and forth to try and work out going to see a car. If that was so important, why am I here? Either it could have waited until afterwards, or we could have rescheduled so that you could work that out without an audience.

Sorry that was long, but I'm very annoyed by it... *grumbles*

modkittn 11-09-2007 12:10 PM

Not only have I gone to my share of movies where someone's cell phone rang, I've also been to them where people have taken the call. And yes, I said something to them - "go outside!!!!".

I also can't stand it when I see parents with young children at a movie that is rated R and completely inappropriate for a young child. If you couldn't get a sitter, you probably shouldn't have come to see the movie.

I also have it when people "knock" on my cubicle wall but I guess that is more of a pet peeve! :) Or when I clearly have my headphones on and they start talking to me as if they assume I could hear them instead of waiting for me to finish typing before I reach up to remove the headphones.

Oh and all those people that tell me food doesn't contain calories when you eat it with friends or family. ;)

kappy 11-09-2007 12:22 PM

Cell phone rudeness, definitely on the list!

New peeves -- women who won't make sure they completely FLUSH the stupid public toilet. Yes, I've read the reports about the huge number of germs flushing throws into the air. But they're YOUR stupid germs, not mine, so why should I have to flush your waste and deal with your germs?

People who get in the fast lane and do 55-60 MPH. In regular traffic, not even remotely crowded. Yes, I realize it is better for fuel consumption. Get your butt into a more speed appropriate lane and save the universe from there please. Otherwise you're going to cause a huge accident from all the other morons who have to 90 who are bobbing and weaving all over the freeway, cutting me off while trying to get past you.

Last -- people who take the stairs and stomp all the way up or down. In the case of my office, marble stairs. I've seen some of these people, they don't appear to weigh a ton. They just sound like it as they clump up and down all four blessed flights of stairs. Some of them need new heel taps on their shoes, so the screw is scratching every step. Some of the folks have the cheap shoes with the hollow heels with the heel pad worn down so there is an echo with every step. Some of them manage to stomp while wearing athletic shoes. I don't know how they do it. Lack of muscle tone I guess. I appreciate the healthiness of what they're doing, but honestly, could they do it QUIETLY?

cbmare 11-09-2007 12:27 PM

Faerie and Mod, you've both done wonderfully with your losses!

Since we're talking about taking babies to places........

Over the Labor Day Weekend, we were helping out at a winery we love. We were there 1 day and got to go tour the other wineries the other day. We opted to take the shuttles rather than drive in all that massive crowd. Keep in mind that it was over 100 deg F that day. There was some woman on the shuttle and visiting the wineries with a newborn! She had it in one of the front carriers and that kid was miserable. It was constantly having to be nursed (she did a wonderful job keeping herself and the baby covered) and it was hot. I don't know what she did when she had to change it. Since she was tasting wine, it's a wonder the kid didn't pass out after nursing a few times.

cbmare 11-09-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kappy (Post 1924297)
People who get in the fast lane and do 55-60 MPH. In regular traffic, not even remotely crowded. Yes, I realize it is better for fuel consumption. Get your butt into a more speed appropriate lane and save the universe from there please. Otherwise you're going to cause a huge accident from all the other morons who have to 90 who are bobbing and weaving all over the freeway, cutting me off while trying to get past you.

How about people who are in the carpool lane legally. They have more than 1 person in the car? I love it when the illegal ones get caught, don't get me wrong. However, the legal ones in the carpool lane and don't want to go the speed limit. The speed limit might be 65 but like you said, they want to save money on gas and slow everybody else down. Yep! Move Over!

mandalinn82 11-09-2007 12:33 PM

Mod - you reminded me.

I had been looking forwarding to seeing the 4th Harry Potter movie for almost a year. #4 was my favorite book at the time, and we were at a TEN PM showing on the DAY IT CAME OUT.

There was a mother behind me with 5 kids under 10. One was maybe 3-4 and kept asking what was happening as the movie went on, so the mom would explain. One of the older ones was kicking my chair the entire time. And two sisters gabbed away about their friends at school. Then when the movie got a little scarier, the 3-4 year old started screaming and crying and the mom just sat there. During the climax of the movie. While her child ruined it for everyone there.

I know parents have kids, and that a lot of kids (even if they weren't old enough yet) really wanted to see the HP movies. But for pete's sake - if you are taking your kids to a movie that appeals to most ages but some are too young to sit through a movie, get an aisle seat and try to go during a matinee. And while this isn't a hard and fast rule, for a franchise like Harry Potter, the people who are there on the day it came out are most likely the most ardent fans, and at any theater around here, they have waited in line at least 2-3 hours for the rights to be in that theater on opening day. The movie is probably something they really want to see (understatement of the year). So maybe that isn't the best showing to bring your too-young child to. And if you must, exit swiftly when they cry. Oh, and make your kids not talk and kick other people's chairs.

The best part of this story (or worst, from my perspective)...I turn around and give them the "Family Glare" - learned it from my father. You never say a word, you just turn around and....stare at them with a face best described as half angry, half incredulous...it usually works without saying a single word. And they all shut up for a minute. And then when I turned back around, the mom (Yes, the MOM) turns to what I can only presume to be her oldest daughter and says "what a b*tch", and they both snicker.

They definitely get on the list, yes?