3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   The Jerk List (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/126739-jerk-list.html)

mandalinn82 11-09-2007 03:30 PM

Mod - that happens SO often on the Northern CA to Southern CA route (I-5). It is a major trucking route, so there are tons of big rigs, and only 2 lanes. Your options are going 55 in the truck lane or going the speed limit (which is 70) or above in the fast lane. I can be going 75 in the fast lane, passing trucks on my right, and people flash their brights at me and get on my tail. Obviously if I can get over and NOT get stuck going 55 to let people over, I will. But 9/10 times on the I-5, if you get over in the slow lane, it takes you 10-15 minutes to find a break in traffic to get back over to the lane going to speed limit (because you're trapped going 55 mph between big rigs, and everyone is going 20 mph faster than you in the other lane).

It makes me NUTS. And some of the people are scary-aggressive getting on your tail and almost cause accidents.

Glory87 11-09-2007 03:43 PM

People that talk during movies.

I personally feel that video/DVD usage is ruining the theatre going experience. People are so USED to talking during a movie (commenting, asking questions, etc etc) that they just can NOT shut up for 2 hours.

It makes me so furious when people talk, most people don't even whisper these days, they just talk in regular voices. I almost expect it from a typical Hollywood Blockbuster type of movie, but it's ALL movies these days. I went to see a documentary Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room and two guys talked the entire movie.

I will shush. I will move. I will give dirty looks. It makes me so furious, I just don't go to movies anymore. I hate crying babies in movies too, but at least I can understand they are BABIES and babies cry. Adults talking during a movie that I paid 10 bucks for - NO EXCUSE.

Also, people that spit. What the **** is that all about? I've never in my life spit.

NightengaleShane 11-09-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modkittn (Post 1924548)
If you really want it to stop, call your landlord. Your neighbors signed a lease too, and it might have something in there about a responsible noise level. DH and I had this problem once when we lived in an apartment and management made them keep it down. Of course my case wasn't happening that late at night. In your case, I already would have called the cops on them and not been as nice to go to the landlord first but that is just me... ;)

Here's the problem:
one of the downstairs neighbors is the complex's maintenance man and two others are the landlord's nephews. The landlord even parties with them sometimes, though obviously not super late on weeknights. I've told her repeatedly about the activities, and she says she's told them to stop several times, but I guess her nephews don't think they need to listen to "Auntie Sharon" (that is what they call her)

modkittn 11-09-2007 04:40 PM

How about all those people who used to say (when he was on "terrestrial radio") that they hated Howard Stern and quoted things he would say on the air? If you don't like him - don't listen!

alinnell 11-09-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory87 (Post 1924564)
People that talk during movies.

I personally feel that video/DVD usage is ruining the theatre going experience. People are so USED to talking during a movie (commenting, asking questions, etc etc) that they just can NOT shut up for 2 hours.

I'm not one of these (thankfully) but your post made me chuckle--I'm so used to videos and DVRs that if I don't catch it the first time I want a REPLAY! It's so funny that sometimes I'll be in the car listening to the morning news and they announce something that I half hear and I get all bummed out that I can't rewind my DVR and hear it again!!! Talk about getting used to something!

Oh, and Amanda~I hear you on the I5! Imagine this: we're in our motor home, in the right lane, going 55 (ish)--its about 9 PM in winter (dark). We're following an older pickup pulling an ancient trailer with very dim tail lights. Suddenly we are passed on the left by a sports car going over 80 who suddenly decides to pull in front of us (not seeing the dim lights on the trailer ahead of us). He runs UP ONTO the trailer, loses control, and spins off to our right (and hits the trailer we're pulling) and then crosses both lanes and ends up in the median (with car parts all over I5). We (and the truck ahead of us) slow and pull off to the right and go back to see if this stupido is ok (he, his wife and 20-something son are fine). We call 911 to report the accident and then we decide to clear the debris off of I5 (a bumper, a quarter panel, etc from his car) and what happens? The darn truckers start honking at us to just get out of the way so they can drive on (we had traffic completely stopped for all of 2 or 3 minutes). I couldn't believe that they didn't want us to clear the debris that could have easily caused another accident. Sometimes I hate California and California drivers!

LondonJulz 11-09-2007 04:45 PM

my mother-in-law

nuff said.

:D

cbmare 11-09-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 1924648)
I'm not one of these (thankfully) but your post made me chuckle--I'm so used to videos and DVRs that if I don't catch it the first time I want a REPLAY! It's so funny that sometimes I'll be in the car listening to the morning news and they announce something that I half hear and I get all bummed out that I can't rewind my DVR and hear it again!!! Talk about getting used to something!

YEP! Same here! I even hit the rewind button on my cd player once. I'd forgotten that I'd put the radio on and not the cd. LOL. :o

Nicoyaangel 11-09-2007 05:07 PM

OMG I wish I saw this yesterday! The worst day of my life. But I would still like to vent about it so here goes *ahem*

First! I would like to add the underaged minors on probation and their parents. I work at Sylvan Learning Center and we have a contract with Alameda County probation offices so that the county pays for these students to attend. The parents are NOT paying for any of this. Our assessment test to start the program is $195 Registration fee is $75 and hourly rate is $54 an hour. Again, the parents are not paying for ANY of this. So tell me why the students come in and try to get out if it. Lie to me and tell me you have a dr. appointment or have to go to work so you dont stay all 5 hours to test. I know thats a long time but your here for a reason!!!! Your not doing good in school and we are here to help you. And the parents whyyyyy are you letting your child come to the center by themselves knowing they dont want the help. I would sit there with my child until they were done. I mean you cant go tell your boss that its for your childs education!?! Ahhh!

And for the parents whose students are enrolled. Why are you constantly excusing your students when you know they need to be there for improve? They are there because they are behind. Quit pulling your kids out of class and making excuses when you cant do the Make ups. Hellooooo. Oh and your going to let your kid play sports and have the freedom they do when they are about 3-4 grade levels behind. How did your kid get so behind in the first place? Maybe because sports came first?!?! Hmmmm....

And for my boss. Our ratios are 3:1. Whyyyy is it that when I get the schedule PERFECT WITH MY BOSS RIGHT THERE NEXT TO ME she goes and add another child to the schedule which puts us over. We dont have anymore teachers to call and have them come in so why are YOU adding kids to the schedule. Who do you want them to sit with? YOU dont know how to teach and I cant teach so how do you expect ME to fix YOUR mistake?!?! AHHH!!!

*BREATH* ok I am sooo much better now hehe

Thanks for making this thread!

ANOther 11-09-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightengaleShane (Post 1924511)
And OHMYGOSH, if you don't flush the toilet in public restrooms, then you are SICK!
One of the most disgusting things ever is to walk into an otherwise clean restroom and then see a big load of turds and toilet paper just sitting in the bowl. How can, um, going number two impact your life to SUCH a TINY degree that you don't even REALIZE you left it in the bowl to begin with?!

Tellllll me about it! I had to go to one of the libraries on campus to find some articles, while I was over there I felt The Need, went into the ladies (in this case :?:) room, and the first stall I went in the most COLOSSAL pile of unflushed poo was sitting in the bowl! :barf: :rolleyes: :faint: I tried to flush but it wouldn't move. What the heck do you do, it's too grody to noodge it back in the bowl (rather shallow and flat and the turdzilla was in the shallowest part) to a place where it'll flush down ::lapses into angry muttering::

GatorgalstuckinGA 11-09-2007 08:44 PM

glory - how about those that answer their cell phone during a movie and continue the conversation in the theater...i guess they missed the first part that asked for cell phones to be turned off.

mandalinn- yes you are right...a lot of times money is the issue...however what i hate is that alot of people continue to make me feel guilty about not being able to help their animal with tests. they dont' understand i can't treat what i don't know. It hurts and pains me when i can't help, but makes me feel even worse when the owners then elect to make me feel like i'm a horrible vet because i can't figure out whats wrong with the dog without tests..that's more of my problem. But i guess maybe putting them on the jerk list is a little extreme.

L144S 11-09-2007 10:20 PM

I will second the pet ownership. I HATE poorly behaved dogs. The guy who let his dogs off leash when they KNOWS it is dog/people agressive. The dogs that bark non-stop at anything that moves, the dogs that jump all over people when you go to their homes and the owners that allow their dogs to be all over the place on the flexi leads. TAKE a fricking class and train your dogs! :)

I also want to add the jerks that HAVE to make the left turn out of carpool holding up everyone behind, the 3 lanes of traffic they have to cross just to save themselves .1 mile to the turn around up the steet and the jearks that will pull into the oncoming lane to make the left turn holding up all of the traffic so they can get across the street.

OneLastTime 11-09-2007 10:40 PM

People who park in handicapped spaces that are NOT handicapped!!! Makes me wanna key a big scratch down the side of their car. :tantrum:

GatorgalstuckinGA 11-09-2007 10:43 PM

L1455s - god i second that with poorly behaved dogs. I was playing in the park one day with my dog and there was a bunch of us allowing our good mannered dogs to play together...well someone starts throwing the ball for her dog and my dog goes to play with the ball...her dog place large holes in my dogs ear with her teeth...she was like..."oh i'm sorry..my dog is ball aggressive"...well wtf are you doing playing ball around other dogs with your dog off leash if its ball aggressive...how stupid can you be. I work in banfield which is the vet office inside of petsmart...and i can't tell you how many people think they need to bring their dog/people aggressive dog shopping in petsmart...ummmm hello...stressing the dog out and exposing them to a large amount of ppl and dogs is not going to get them pet friendly. Oh well some ppl won't learn

Spinymouse 11-09-2007 11:27 PM

if you are merging onto a freeway, you are supposed to be moving at a speed approaching freeway speed to make a smooth merge. You should not have to stop unless there is a stop or yield sign. of course you need to look and be prepared for quick adjustment if people are not going to let you in, but it is up to the already moving on the freeway people to either speed up or slow down or move over to let the mergers in.

my driving peeve is with pedestrians who walk about 0.002 miles per hour (who are not elderly or handicapped) when crossing an intersection, when a car is waiting to turn, and the light is about to change, or these same pedestrians walk at 0.002 miles per hour in a parking lot in front of a moving car without moving over to the side, etc.

almostheaven 11-10-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 1924262)
Even more than that... PEOPLE WHO TALK ON CELL PHONES IN A RESTAURANT. If you NEED to take a call, and it rings in the restaurant, PLEASE for the love of all that is holy step outside!

I have a few aquaintances who will take a call at the table while one of our friends is talking and I cannot stand it. It's so absolutely rude. The person in front of your face is highest priority. (I will say that bars emergencies but that's obvious. And I mean hospital & death sort of emergencies, not little Timmy won't go to sleep so I need to talk to the babysitter for 15 minutes emergencies.)

It annoys me, because when someone is on the phone, we're all used to trying to be quiet around them so that they are better able to hear the person on the other end. (Or so I was taught when I was young and we only had phones in our houses.) So now we have cell phones all over the place (And that's fine. I use one exclusively, no land line.) However, when I go to use my phone, if I happen to be in a public place, I say excuse me to the person I am speaking with, and I make sure the conversation on the other end is brief and to the point. I say excuse me again when returning to interact with the person who is in front of me. And if I am in a restaurant, I GO OUTSIDE! I don't care if it's -20 degrees out. Your conversation is not so important as to hold the rest of the restaurant hostage while you blab away. And that's what they do. They hold all conversation hostage until they're done.

There was this one time in particular that I was hanging out after work with a co-worker and we go into a restaurant for some dinner and she spends the whole dinner calling both a car dealership and her husband back and forth to try and work out going to see a car. If that was so important, why am I here? Either it could have waited until afterwards, or we could have rescheduled so that you could work that out without an audience.

I talk on my blue tooth while in restaurants. But no one is paying attention to my conversation. BTW, it's just me and my son, so I don't have people with me that I'm supposed to be paying attention to. And I don't talk loud enough that other tables even pay me any mind. So I don't see a need to pull my son from a high chair, put his coat on, find my waiter so he doesn't clean off my table, and head outside for a conversation no one else is listening to. :D

Aside from that...my aunt is hooked on her blackberry. She texts while driving!!!! She veers a bit while doing this. She CONSTANTLY talks when she and I are shopping or in the car. And she's in from Chicago about once every couple of months, so you'd think that she'd want to enjoy some conversation with me during our time together. But...she won't change. She's too stuck in her ways. ::sigh::

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandalinn82 (Post 1924359)
Sometimes those people might really not have the money to afford the level of care you're offering. When Pepper had a urinary blockage, we went to the 24-hour animal hospital and the visit had already cost $100 before he had even been examined because it was after hours. Then the vet told us the diagnosis, that he'd have to stay overnight, that he'd need a bunch of tests and a bunch of drugs - we had to go from a 2-car to a 1-car family to pay for it, AND take out CareCredit to pay the rest. Granted, we did so, but some people might not be willing or able to do that for their pets.

We went through this. Took our cat in for tests. They did some tests, cost us nearly $500. They wanted to run 2 more. One for $500 and another for $300. We decided to wait it out. We were moving in a month. If she got better, we'd take her, if not, we'd put her to sleep for a lot less. She got better and we made the trip and she stayed better for another 4 months, then ended up much worse than she had been and was finally put to sleep. Of the two tests they wanted to run BTW, they said she was too old to even likely survive the treatments for those diseases and that it had to be one of them. So any money spent on those tests would have just been thrown away anyhow.

Quote:

I agree about small children and restaurants - one time, the GF and I went out to a pretty nice place (Macaroni Grill) just to have our date ruined by two kids who wouldn't stop YELLING, CRYING, and THROWING FOOD! I kid you not, this little boy threw food that landed on our table!

I keep having waitresses tell me not to do that, that they'll get it, everytime they catch me cleaning up food my son dropped. LOL I used to witness my cousin just walking away and leaving a complete mess her two most unbehaved toddlers made. But I was raised to pick up after my child and teach him to pick up and not leave a mess. He's too young to control his spoon, and he knows waaaaaaaaaaaay better than to ever throw the food in a restaurant.

Quote:

And OHMYGOSH, if you don't flush the toilet in public restrooms, then you are SICK!
One of the most disgusting things ever is to walk into an otherwise clean restroom and then see a big load of turds and toilet paper just sitting in the bowl. How can, um, going number two impact your life to SUCH a TINY degree that you don't even REALIZE you left it in the bowl to begin with?!

I can't fault someone who forgets to flush nearly as much as the individuals who can't seem to actually hit the bowl, but instead have it smeared on the stall walls, seat and floor. Makes me wanna slap the crap outta them, cept they can't possibly have anymore crap in em after what they left. :mad::mad::mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by modkittn (Post 1924546)
Thanks for the compliment cbmare!

kappy - You know what I hate? When I'm in the left hand lane and going the speed limit or just over and I am actually still passing everyone to my right and someone tailgates me. At that point I always refuse to move over. I'm using the lane the way it was meant to be used. They can move over and pass me if they're in that much of a hurry.

I used to do the same thing, until my son came along. I was rearended when he was 1, and just because of a sudden halt on the interstate, not because I refused to get over because someone was tailgaiting. But it made me even more aware of not doing that. You don't know how scarey it can be to have a 1 yo in the backseat and be plowed into at 60 mph by a huge Silverado truck into your teeny tiny hatchback. :( And that guy was afraid the semi was going to plow into him, but the semi managed to thankfully get over, or I may not have been here telling this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANOther (Post 1924720)
I tried to flush but it wouldn't move.

Maybe that's why it was still there. :D:D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneLastTime (Post 1924900)
People who park in handicapped spaces that are NOT handicapped!!! Makes me wanna key a big scratch down the side of their car. :tantrum:

I'll even add people who park in handicapped spaces just because they have a handicapped sticker but AREN'T handicapped. No, it's their mom's, brothers, sister's, whomever's sticker, but it's on the vehicle, and they're damned sure gonna use it. Despite the REAL handicapped person who's driving the lot waiting for a spot to open up so they can get their wheelchair out. :mad::mad::mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinymouse (Post 1924925)
my driving peeve is with pedestrians who walk about 0.002 miles per hour (who are not elderly or handicapped) when crossing an intersection, when a car is waiting to turn, and the light is about to change, or these same pedestrians walk at 0.002 miles per hour in a parking lot in front of a moving car without moving over to the side, etc.

Dontcha just feel like creeping up on their backside and hitting the horn as hard and as loud as ya can? :D:D:D