General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-31-2007, 04:43 PM   #1  

Default Attn: Keira Knightly - You Can Stop Dieting Now!

Holy Moly! Keira looks like she could have a ticker saying, "84 lbs, Keep On Going!"

With two young teenage girls, I really worry about the body image the celebs/media keeps putting out there...

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/...n_page_id=1773
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:49 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

YIKES! She looks much older to me than 22...
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:21 PM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

So sad, I think she looks awful. What a bad example to set for young woman.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #4  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Omigawd! What's this? A return of the Auschwicz look? You know, considering that throughout history, people have looked like that because they were imprisoned, starved and worked to death, this kind of crap just seems downright disrespectful to me, somehow. Creating an *ideal* fashion look that dictates haute couture isn't "haute" unless it's hanging on the skeletal frame of an anorexic, near-death SICK PERSON reflects a sick society, doesn't it? What's next? The cult of the cadaver?

Folks, let's get ourselves to HEALTHY weights, and try to encourage our teen daughters, nieces, granddaughters, etc., to be HEALTHY and attractive, not half-dead. Can't we start an all-out boycott of the movies these horrible role models are in - and anything else with their names attached to it?

Horrible!
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Is it me or does her head look too big for her body now? Jeez.. And I really admired her before too since it always looked like she had a healthy looking body.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:11 PM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
Is it me or does her head look too big for her body now? Jeez.. And I really admired her before too since it always looked like she had a healthy looking body.
I was thinking the same thing! Look how big her head is compared to her frame!!

EAT A CHEESEBURGER!!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

I think that pic has been messed with, her head looks WEIRD, can't quite put my finger on it. Doesn't look like a natural pose??? Look closer.
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #8  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Wow, she looks deathly ill. Somebody, give that girl a sandwich. Yikes!

I agree with the boycott. I would never ever encourage anyone to get so thin and I hate the idea that my niece would look to her as a role model.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:11 PM   #9  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Noooo, Keira!

I know she's always been very lanky, but it does seem that her weight has dropped. Though, if it is an eating disorder, I feel bad for her, as the media scrutiny is probably helping nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canfield3272004 View Post
I think that pic has been messed with, her head looks WEIRD, can't quite put my finger on it. Doesn't look like a natural pose??? Look closer.
The anatomy in the neck is correct for that position, but the hair over her right shoulder looks strange. I think they caught her mid-pose.

It would be an easy photoshop because of the thick shadow under the chin, so it could be fake, but I think it's just an odd mid-pose snapshot. They probably used it because that shot made her look the thinnest...
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 PM   #10  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

I actually quite feel sorry for these actresses as well - because our society makes them feel the absolute necessity to drop to a weight that low. I know that they're role models... but they're feeling just as much (if not more) pressure to be deathly-skinny as our teenage girls.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 PM   #11  
sfj

I agree way to thin.

As for the pose looking "off", I think thats just how she poses.

This is an older picture of her with the same weird pose http://www.bartcop.com/keira-knightley-ad.jpg
http://z.about.com/d/fashion/1/0/i/e/2/keira06.jpg
sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Geez, what is WRONG with these girls?? I mean emotionally, to get so thin that they look downright in need of medical attention :-(

Is it Kate Winslet who is so outspoken in her "this is me, this is my size, deal with it" attitude? Go, Kate! Finally, a woman who is sensible about her body and comfortable in her own skin.

Did anyone else see the right sidebar story (?) about Renee Zellwegger being interested in Sir Paul McCartney??!~! THAT would be interesting ... if it's true :snicker: I'd date him! LOL! Swoon ....
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:10 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I don't think the picture is real.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

she does look thin...and its not the best example to set for kids or adults...but you know what is even worse...if that poor girl puts on 10 lbs... 20$ the media will be calling her fat. I agree healthy bodies are what we need more in the media...but unfortunately the media has started to give celebs a hard time if the are too "healthy" (aka fat). So what do you do??? Just like all these celebs that get photo shopped for a magazine cover..half of them don't approve the photo shopping they did (aka faith hill and many others)....but leave it to media to make someone's little bit of tiny "love handles (or what ever other flaw it might be) disappear. Heaven for bid society knows what a real woman looks like. So should we chastize her for being too thin...or the media for giving people like her a complex to think she needs to be that thin????????????????? I personally think it is sad to see someone that thin...but i also think that the media is more to blame than her. So i personally say let's give her a break and start chastizing the darn media. They're the culprits behind the reason everyone is "dying" to be thin.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:53 PM   #15  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

I agree with GatorGal about the darn media. I also can hardly believe I am thinking about a celebrity that I have never heard of before. And also I am thinking "the camera doesn't lie" but Photoshop does.
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote