General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-24-2007, 03:22 PM   #16  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Art major here LOL. I love painting, drawing, sculpture (metal mainly), photography...But I am a graphic design major because I had to justify the degree to my parents. Just do it. There will always be someone to appreciate your work. I hate everything I do a month down the road LOL, but I still manage to get A's
I am kinda morbid in my taste. I have an accute interest in human anatomy, so many of my pieces will deal with unatural, sometimes unrealistic modifications to the body. I haven't had a chance to do any studio type art in about a year though, due to my main focus being on graphic design now.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #17  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

After I got an unrelated degree, I went back to school and studied art & game design, then entered the game industry intending to be a character artist (saving women's rights, one sexy-but-not-skanky female character at a time!)...and ended up falling in love with a project management career path instead. I still doodle constantly, though. My meeting notes are always full of doodles. How unprofessional!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
I am kinda morbid in my taste. I have an accute interest in human anatomy, so many of my pieces will deal with unatural, sometimes unrealistic modifications to the body.
I absolutely LOVE this sort of thing. Human anatomy is mind-blowing -- there is so much art and rhythm in the way the human body is built, and there's so much room to morph and play with it (to macabre, bizarre and/or beautiful effects). If you have any work online, I would love to see it!

Idealmuse>> do you ship to Canada? Your style is exactly to my dearest friend's tastes, and I've been looking for a nice gift for her! I imagine the shipping will be more than $5, so I'm willing to pay extra. Please let me know! (Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer to discuss it that way.)
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #18  
I have less blubber!

The only thing I have done recently that is online was a self-portrait, and I did it digitally LOL.

http://a186.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...6dd4920fe1.jpg

I haven't got to do real art in a LONG time.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooworld View Post
Aymster, Paris scenes would be beautiful. Would you do them from pics that you took, or pics you find somewhere? I want to do a painting of either a New Orleans street scene, or a street scene from Italy or some place that has colorful houses. I like a lot of bright colors. I have begun getting into scrapbooking but have only done something like 6 pages in about 2 years. lol I just don't have the time right now. I guess it would probably be a great stress reliever, maybe I will try to do it during the semester. I've got so many pictures to use, too many. I drive my husband crazy with all my art/crafting supplies. I've never heard of digital scrapbooking. How do you do that? That sounds interesting, but I agree, there is something about all that glue and stickers!
Yeah, I'm going to do them from some of the *cough* 2000 pictures that we took in France, Luxembourg and Belgium (500 are of the Eiffel tower, different angles, different times of day). I also have one in particular of a cafe in Bayeux, Normandy.

Oh, if you get the scrapbooking bug, it'll bite hard! When I got the pics from the France trip, it took me 6 months, but it was worth it. When I show that scrapbook to people, they get the "itchies" to do one themselves... I started the same way and did about 6 pages/2yrs., but now I don't want to stop. I would say, get your pics in order first and then go buy the big scrap books of paper from Michael's when it's on sale and have at it! Oh, get some extra tape whilst there too. Nothing like running out when you're really into it that day.

Digital is intriguing, but I'd still have to add embellishments! One of the scrapbook stores in my area has "scrap happenings" and they have digital classes. I'd like to learn more but hands on and with some guidance as well. I dunno: jury's still out on that one.

Good luck with getting 'bit'! Have fun!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #20  

What a bunch of talented people we have!

Loved the stained glass! WOW!! So beautiful!

You should all be proud of yourselves!

Idealmuse: I know you weren't advertising, but your work just makes me "gotta have it"... I can appreciate all the hard work and love that goes into making art. But when we love what we do, it's not work, n'est ce pas?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #21  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
The only thing I have done recently that is online was a self-portrait, and I did it digitally LOL.

http://a186.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...6dd4920fe1.jpg

I haven't got to do real art in a LONG time.
Wow, that is really cool. Thanks for sharing!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #22  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

mall sure I'll Pm you later today. Canda is no probably it usually runs about $10...

"I am kinda morbid in my taste. I have an accute interest in human anatomy, so many of my pieces will deal with unatural, sometimes unrealistic modifications to the body."

That sounds fairly up my alley. I just bought a book from the mutter museum in Philadelphia though so I'm kinda an odd cookie
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:32 PM   #23  
Ironman in Training

aymster - true. true. I do love love it just need nudge in the motivation department sometimes. Part of the reason I do the shows in the fall it keeps me productive. Now that I'm losing weight I'm hoping I'll have more energy to direct at it!
Old 08-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #24  
Ironman in Training

Anyone else have some cool things to show off? I loved the digital photo and stained glass!
Old 08-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #25  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Lets see if this works:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ya/samurai.jpg
This was an original piece I made, based on a tiny, tiny photo of a historic Japanese painting. I interpreted the painting into stained glass!
It is now hanging in a local dojo (karate studio)
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:26 AM   #26  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Aymster: You did it now! I have been researching digital scrapbooking since I read your post and I am getting into it. I have done two pages so far. The below link is to the one I did tonight about my weight loss journey:

http://www.geocities.com/chriszee777/my-weight.jpg

And as for more artwork to see, here are some links to some of my things (I've been trying to make a webpage but can't find a free service that can handle my images). I do digital artwork, too:

http://www.geocities.com/chriszee777/1989-barefoot.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/chriszee777...ruth_hurtz.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/chriszee777...eds_prozac.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/chriszee777..._in_motion.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/chriszee777...in_deep-fi.jpg

Sockmonkey: I love anatomy stuff, too. That digital piece of mine above (beauty is skin deep) has a skeletal/tissue outline in it.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:13 AM   #27  

Ha Troo! That darned bug! Good for you! I love it when the fire comes and nothing will stop me until my body aches and I can't!

I like your apple pic very much!

Sockmonkey: I missed your self-portrait! I like it, esp the colors. The eyes are so empty: any particular reason for that?
Old 08-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #28  
I have less blubber!

Symbolic of course..Left up to your own interpretation..I know what it means ot me, but what it means to others? *shrug*
Old 08-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #29  
I have less blubber!

Trooworld those are cool! Love your colors!
Old 08-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #30  

Sockmonkey: (love that name, btw ) Oh, yeah, I totally agree that the fun about art is that it IS open to interpretation. I was just wondering on a personal level. It's a pretty deep painting in my eyes. It's fabulous!