General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #1  
Sweet n' Sassy

Default TOM/PMS Blues: How to Lose the Bloat?

Question for you chicks: So I think the majority of us experience some level of bloating and water retention the week or two before TOM. Any ideas on how to minimize it?

I know drinking water helps, as does cutting down on salt ingestion..but anything else? Does Midol help with bloat?

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Geeze I'm not sure if Midol actually helps with the bloat. I would say ask your doctor if there is anything he can recommend. If its painful or that bad, maybe he can give you a water pill??? not sure but a visit to the doc would be my only suggestion.

Since most of my clothes are ut um.... (blush) stretchy I never really "feel" a difference.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #3  
No description available.

Continuous cycle birth control, baby. I believe in it, I prescribe it, I do it myself!

I do NOT miss my periods. I do choose to have a withdrawal bleed every 4 months or so.

Talk to your gyn provider.

That aside, Yaz and Yasmine have a diuretic built in.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:30 AM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yes, since I started taking Yasmin I have no problem w. bloating, cramps, heavy bleeding... all of my problems which were very bad just went away. And unlike other bcp i have taken - i didn't turn into a psycho of rage and tears. Nothing but good things to say about this particular pill. And I've tried a lot and hated all the others.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Since cutting out a lot of the salt I'd been consuming I haven't had any problems with TOM bloat. I eat very little in the sweetener category as well, which I believe is suppose to help. I know it's hard, but cutting down on salt and sugar really help (I routinely consume less than 2000mg of sodium per day.)

As I recall, Midol didn't help with the actually bloating, but it helped with the pain that is associated with the bloat. I haven't taken it in awhile, but that's what I remember.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #6  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

my dr suggested a water pill for that time, and it has worked great for me since i came off of yasmin. If you are on birth control, i HIGHLY recommend this one. It helps with bloating, and also was the first pill that didn't put me on a roller coaster ride every month!

I would talk to you dr or gyn about it. See what option may be best for you
Closed Thread