General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Default Something nice for my BF

I want to do something nice for my boyfriend. Not because of V-day, but because he's been an absolute sweetheart for the last couple months.

My bf isn't terribly sensitive and he's sarcastic and not at all mushy or romantic, which is fine by me for the most part, but once in awhile this girl needs a little mushy. So I talked to him about it a few months ago, and he is really going out of his way trying to be sweet and nice, and planning little things to do together and saying "I love you" (which he says should be implied, but I tell him I need to here once in awhile)

I want to do something for him that says 'hey, I have noticed your efforts, and really really appreciate it and thank you!'

I have some money to spend, but I'd rather it be more about the gesture. It's hard to cook for him because I have a million roommates and so does he, so it's never 'just us' in the kitchen. The only thing he really likes is his computer game and the Redskins.

After three years together, my romantic instinct has been greatly dulled! I'd appreciate any ideas.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/246/180

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure where you live or what the temperature is there.... but what about planning a picnic that way you could cook and then take it somewhere that you won't be surrounded by your millions of roommates. My romance radar is really down since my hubby is deployed, I hope you find something great to show him how much you appreciate him!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #3  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

My boyfriend is very sentimental, so I'm not sure if these would apply in your case, but these have been some of his favorite things I have done for him:

Made him a heart-shaped cake from scratch, decorated it up, etc.

Any time I dress up hot just for a night out with him.

Bought him a plant, because he loves plants.

Crocheted him a scarf.

Bought him flowers.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Take him somewhere he wants to go....obviously the Redskins aren't an option right now, but is there some sort of computer expo show he might enjoy? or buy him a new game/program?

There is also the romantic dinner/movie date, but you might not want your gesture to revolve around food.

Is there a NEW physical activity you both might like to do ? You could pay for the lesson? rock-climbing? horseback riding? etc.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Well i know you want it to be more of a gesture than the money...but if he is a HUGE redskin fans...there's a site called distant replays. http://www.distantreplays.com/
They have some really cool "throwback jersey's" that alot of huge football fans eat up. I'm not sure if they have anything for the Skins...but you never know. If you wanted to save something like that for christmas/b-day another nice suggestion would be this: you could sit down with all your roomies and ask if you could buy them tickets to a movie of their choice and ask if they'd mine letting you have the house for a few hours..,..give them some beer money too..they'd probably agree. Then spend 2-3 hours just making him a great dinner with a KILLER desert.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Buy him a redskin's t-shirt or some other team gear. I'm sure you can buy stuff online at their website. Those sorts of gifts always go over well with my SO. It's a good gift because it shows that you understand and appreciate his interests; a romantic gesture sounds like something you would want, not him.

Food also always goes over well with my SO. It doesn't have to be something you cooked and it could be just enough for one, so he doesn't have to share with the roomies. I'll often pick up a pastry or some other treat for my SO when I'm at the Farmer's Market; you could stop by a local bakery and get him something.

NewDay4MeToo's suggestion of wearing something hot for him is also good. Another variation of this would be to buy some sexy lingerie to wear for him. That's always gone over well for me in the past.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

All the ideas mentioned sound great. If you want to go the redskin route, look on ebay and see if you can find something redskins that is autographed, rare, or unique. They might have something cool that can't be found elsewhere that he would go nuts for.

My other suggestion is a homemade coupon book. You can do it on computer, or just use index cards and handwrite them. Decorate them as much or little as you feel like. Make the coupons for whatever things he likes -- good for one massage, good for one foot rub, and of course throw in some sexy ones. Just remind him that he has to cash the coupons in!
Old 02-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

The general consensus seems to be the fastest way to his heart is through his stomach. My roommates probably could be easily bribed to leave with beer...

These are some really great ideas!!! It's given me a great starting point. Thank you so much everyone!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

A hotel room for a night might be nice too - that way you don't have to worry about roomies at all - have a nice dinner and night together.

I have a non-romantic gamer hubby myself, so I can sympathize. When I really want to show him I appreciate him, I do some chore for him that I know he hates doing. Might not work when you don't live together though...
Closed Thread