General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #46  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
It annoys me that they put the diaper changers in the handicap stalls...I know some restaurants have very little room, but quite often there would be PLENTY of room outside the stalls, or if they even removed a stall. I've often thought, while in there dealing with a major blow out that requires an entire change of clothing and an entire tree worth of wipes, that if someone needed to use this stall they would be seriously ticked.
Yabbut, on the other end of that, Ruby Ts here has the changing station in a NORMAL stall. Now you try getting the stroller in a restroom the size of a pea, enough so that people can open the door and get to the sink, when the only other stall IS the handicapped stall. So if a handicapped person needs to pee, they still have to wait, because their wheelchair won't fit in that restroom with the stroller behind the door. Then I'm in the normal size stall trying to turn around without sticking my foot in the toilet to get a diaper and wipes from the bag sitting on the floor, while jamming the door in my arse. There was no room in a normal stall for a changing table, and I haven't, for the life of me, figured out who's brilliant idea that was.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #47  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I just ran into the handicap/what would people think issue yesterday. My dad is handicapped and we went to Home Depot to get some items that I was going to do some minor repairs on my parents' home with. I picked the closest spot to the door. That ended up being by the contractor's entrance, because I couldn't park in the handicap spots with MY car and no handicap sticker. But once we got in, dad needs a motor cart to get around. However, they're on the other end of the store, by the main entrance. So I run to the other end of the store to get one. You can't walk those baby's, you MUST drive it. It in fact will not power up unless someone is sitting in the seat. I drove it back to him. Now how many people saw me running for that cart and then driving it through the store, and what was on their minds I wonder.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #48  

Lizziness -- I'm a strong believer that we are not "fat" -- because I think a lot of people (skinny, of course) equate fat with lazy, out of shape, having no concern for their appearance. It's just such a negative term to me. We can be overweight or one of my favorite, height challenged -- I'm 5'9" but I think If I was about 6'5" then I wouldn't be considered overweight any more, I would have extra space for the extra weight

Almost heaven -- you are a great daughter!! I think that's what we all need to remember -- appearances aren't everything -- just because people saw you in the cart, they assume you are using it -- many people are getting someone out of a car or picking them up. However, when I was in Disney World a few years ago -- I heard a family talking about renting a wheelchair for one of their kids -- only because it would get them first in line for the rides, no disability at all. That really bothered me, they should be thankful to have healthy kids!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 AM   #49  
Pending Email Confirmation

hehehe. i am height AND weight challenged... 5 foot 2.
If only I was 7 feet tall.....
Closed Thread