General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Graduation Party Food

Need some ideas for grad party food, ladies. Does not need to be healthy. I need to be able to feed a lot of people and not break the bank. Thanks!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

High school? One quick and easy dish we have done for large parties is order fajitas from our mexican restaurant. Tortillas, beef and chicken, rice, beans and onions and peppers ~ comes in big aluminum foil containers and the kids just serve themselves. We have also cooked our own enchiladas with rice and beans all day, a lot of work but good and cheap too.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Going with the mexican...fajitas you could add chips, salsa, queso, taquito's, mini-tacos, etc...or...

subway sandwiches, with chips & dip, veggie platters, a couple of different salads (potato, macaroni, etc.)

bunch of different pizzas

I would go with something easy, lots of finger foods.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

Mom used to order a bunch of the biggest cheapest pizzas for us during birthday parties and the like...

I think that a big sub sandwich is a great way to go. Throw in some bowls of salad greens and a couple of different dressings and you're good to go.

Also places like Costco and Sam's club do up big tins of lasagna or pasta that would feed a lot of people.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:06 AM   #5  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Yes, high school and there will be about 150 people there, my kids are twins, so lots of friends.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #6  
No description available.

Get those huge bags of chicken wings from Costco or Sam's, cut of the tips and then cut them at the joint. Coat them in hot sauce/butter (melted into the hot sauce) and broil them about 5-7 minutes, turning part way. Serve with more sauce and blue cheese dressing.

Cheap, makes a ton, and people love them, and can be served hot or at room temperature.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I was going to suggest make-your-own tacos. If you cook up the meat beforehand and have it in crockpots or chafing dishes, the rest is cold and easy for everyone to make it like they want it. Use both hard and soft shells. And chips and salsa on the side. Wow, are you ambitious!--150 kids!
Closed Thread