General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Pretty nervy car thief

My neighbors were trying to sell their car. They put an ad in the paper and had people coming to their house to look at it. Well, guess what? It was stolen.

About a year later, it was recovered. They'd settled with the insurance company and everything. (Of course.)

However, the guy stole a license plate from a similar car and put it on the stolen car. The idiot didn't bother to make sure that it was a 2 door car. When he got stopped for something, the officer ran the plates and found that the license plate was from a 4 door car. Then he ran the VIN and found this one was stolen. Can you say, "Book 'em, Danno"?

When they got a call from the police to get their car, they were told this guy and gotten an attorney and was planning on suing them to recover the cost of the stereo system and new tires he'd put on the car.

Can you believe the nerve of that guy? Needless to say, it never went anywhere.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

This sounds like a story you would read in the Reader's Digest "That's Outrageous" column. Good thing the case was thrown out.

There was a journalist in my town who's car was stolen and brought to a chop shop. The thieves actually put better parts into it, did some body work and painted it and when the car was recovered by the police, was in better shape than when it got stolen!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
When they got a call from the police to get their car, they were told this guy and gotten an attorney and was planning on suing them to recover the cost of the stereo system and new tires he'd put on the car.
That's just crazy!
My car was stolen, recovered a few hours later.....no damage and returned to me with a full tank of gas! Only had 1/4 of tank when the idiot stole it
Old 01-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

i worked at a major car finance company and heard some of the most interesting stories. the best most outrageous thievery i saw was this little story here:

mistake one: daddy financed a car for his kid. mistake two: kid crashes car and leaves it on the side of the road.
the police picked up the car, had it towed to a body shop. the kid didn't fill out the paperwork completely or at all... so the police left it at the body shop... their police is after 30 days if it's not picked up they try to do something with it... and that thing was to take it over the state border, have it retitled with a clear title, and sell it.
So here is a dad with a loan that no longer has any collateral and is technically not his loan but his irresponsible kid's loan... they are out 20K and a car. Totally screwed.

Also had a lady once that bought a car of ebay, then went to canada to pick it up, halfway home the thing broke, the title that was going to be "mailed" to her never was... and now she has a loan for a car she can't drive, title, tag, etc. and is completely and totally screwed too.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:05 AM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

The idiot who bought my car from me had it stolen a week later with the title in it totally signed off.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My DH is a state trooper and he had a lady steal his patrol car when he went into a convenience store to get a cup of coffee. He got in big trouble over this. LOL. The car was found quickly, she had taken it to a nearby car wash. She said, she "just wanted to clean it for him". It was rather embarassing as it made the local TV news. LOL.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

LMAO that is the most amusing thing I've heard in a while. Thanks.

people are just plain nuts.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:25 AM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

File that under "Stupid Criminals"...lol. It makes me think of the prisons where there are so many lawsuits. Who would have thought that a criminal, one in prison at that has rights? Crazy

A few weeks ago we had a guy call the police because someone had stolen his drugs, lol! He was selling them and was robbed...so he called the police, roflmao!
Closed Thread