General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #1  

Default Do u agree with trump?

Should tara conner have been given a second chance? I was wondering if others are as disgusted as me with trum's decision...

I do not think she represents miss america at all and it would be a disgrace to have her keep the crown. I do not know what examples will our teenagers learn from her? There are plenty other women who are more deserving than her.

It just makes me realise how imp is outer beauty for society
Old 12-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #2  

Do people really still look to Miss America for example?

My teen-aged neices and nephews are too busy listening to music with disgusting lyrics, watching bloody/sexy movies and TV and playing gory video games to even know who Miss America IS.

Any time *most* celebrities set example for kids, you're not going to find a glowing result.

Besides, this Miss America "thing" will be old news tomorrow. I know I'm being blase, but who cares these days?
Old 12-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

On a completely unrelated note - does anyone agree with him basically calling Rosie O'Donnell a horrible, bad person for implying that a, he isn't exactly the best moral compass for our society and b, he has bad hair?
Old 12-22-2006, 02:47 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I was going to say the same thing as 4myself, Miss USA - umm she's got no influence on anybody. I don't think too many people look to her for anything. Donald Trump is an idiot. The next season of the Apprentice starts January 7 and he's looking for some free publicity.

I put on Larry King Live last night to watch The Biggest Loser winner Erik and his trainer Bob. AND DR. OZ. But noooo, they had on stupid Trump for a half hour. He was absolutely despicable. He kept calling Rosie a fat this and a fat that, yeah a slob and a fat a$$. And then kinda hitting on her girlfriend. Absolutely disgraceful Obviously he must be a semi-intelligent man to have made so much money, but it sure as heck wasn't coming through last night.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:51 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I am totally, 100% on Rosie's side. What she said was not mean like what he is saying and just won't quit. He crossed the line when he started saying "fatass" "loser" etc. that is just wrong. Then I just read today that he said he is a friend of Barbara Walters and she doesn't even like Rosie. He is going to far. Of course I can't stand Donald Trump anyway, talk about UGLY! Eeewwww! That combover kills me!

And no, I don't think Tara Connors deserved a second chance. Does anyone rember when Vanessa Williams was threatened with being taken out? Instead she left and I think she did so gracefully but it was wrong. All she did was pose for Playboy.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I got drunk plenty of times when I was 20. That doesn't make me a bad person and that doesn't make Tara a bad person... it makes her a normal 20 year old. I don't really know anything about Tara 'cept she apparently likes to party, but I'm sure in all other aspects she's a perfectly nice, well grounded acceptable role model.

I haven't heard what rosie and trumpy are saying about each other, i've purposefully avoided it...
Old 12-22-2006, 04:35 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

PERSONALLY, I AGREE WITH 4MYSELF BACK IN THE 'OLD DAYS I THINK PEOPLE REALLY LOOKED UP TO MISS AMERICA, IN FACT MY GRANDFATHER WAS FORTUNATE TO BE ON THE SAME PLANE WITH ONE OF THEM YEARS AGO, SHE ALLOWED HIM TO TAKE SEVERAL PICTURES OF HER, SHE WAS REALLY SWEET, HE WAS SO PROUD OF HIS PICTURES, THEY WERE IN EVERY SLIDE SHOW HE HAD UNTIL THE DAY HE DIED!!

I THINK TODAYS YOUTH COULD CARE LESS, AND ADULTS KNOW BETTER. THAT BEING SAID, SHE CERTAINLY SHOULD UPHOLD THE IDEALS OF THE CROWN ~ I KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THIS AS I HAVE SEEN MISS CONGENIALITY SEVERAL TIMES

AS FAR AS ROSIE AND TRUMP GO TO BOTH OF THEM!

AND AS FAR AS MISS AMERICA KEEPING HER CROWN...HUMMM...ALL I CAN SAY IS SHE IS HOT
Old 12-22-2006, 06:12 PM   #8  
Addicted to potato salad!

I, for one, am on a fence, leaning towards Trump. Although I don't agree with his words, per se, but I'm SO glad someone finally put Rosie in her place. She's been on her high horse, barfing out her opinion as if EVERYONE agrees with her and if they don't they are somehow narrow-minded fools. Somehow she thinks SHE is the moral compass of society, having her DOG 'clean' her babies crotch to get rid of diaper rash , to mention the first thing that comes to mind... She finally picked on the wrong person and got a lashing for it. I really don't like Donald Trump, either, but if I had to pick a side, I'd go with the Donald on this one. He has to do what's right for his 'business' (in this case, Miss USA) and that's his business, not Rosie's. Personally, if I were given the opportunity to be Miss USA (or is it Miss America?), I think I would feel obliged to act like a young lady and not a tramp. Just me, personally.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

The radio station I listen to on my way to work has a blurb by The Donald every morning. I agree with him about 80% of the time. Sometimes his ideas are a bit whacky, though. I have to believe that he has looked at this from a business point of view more than anything else and feels that this is the best alternative. If Tara were to have lost her crown, she probably wouldn't suffer too much. Remember Vanessa Williams? She's pretty successful.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My problem is more the various forums that Rosie and Trump are using.

Rosie is on a TV show where people are supposed to share their viewpoints. On that show, her role is to express her view. That is what she was hired for, and the controversy related to her opinions (because they are STRONG opinions), even if you disagree with them, has raised the ratings of the show bigtime. Her role on the show is to give her opinion, and her opinion of Trump is not good. She is paid to give her opinion...it is her job. Thats why they call it "The View".

In response to that, Mr. Trump did something COMPLETELY OUTSIDE OF HIS ROLE. He was not being paid to give his view. He was not doing his job. He decided to make a mean-spirited attack on Rosie, on a public newsmagazine, because he wasn't happy with her opinion. And then he proceeded to do so in a way that was VERY mean, way meaner than what Rosie did in the beginning.

I don't agree with Rosie on lots of things (that Kelly Ripa controversy, for example...I'm gay and I didn't find her comment homophobic in ANY way, plus it was uncalled for to out Clay when he hadn't outed himself). But it seems clear that expressing her opinions on current events is part of Rosie's JOB, and making mean-spirited attacks is NOT part of Trump's job description.

Also, Rosie commented on the matter at hand, although she did throw in the making fun of Trump's hair bit that is pretty much universal at this point...she commented on Trump's morals as a factor of him being the determiner of morality in Tara's situation...questioning whether he is immoral was totally within the scope of what they were talking about on the view, as they were talking about his interaction with Tara and how he was acting about letting her retain the crown.

Trump was commenting on Rosie, personally, and attacking her for things that she said in context of her job, because he didn't like them. And he got so mean.

Rosie has been "put in her place" many times in her position in the View, because her opinions are so strong...the unintentional racial slur against Chinese people being one example I can think of, and she recognized her error and apologized based on feedback from her audience. No one had to call her names to "put her in her place" in that situation.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

What bothered me was the mean spiritedness of the whole thing. Trump is a big looser. he did the same thing to Martha Stewart when her show failed. A show he insisted she do, then he called her a looser, old hag who is washed up on tv. I think Rosie made a good point about the moral comapas, but the moral values in this country are changing and Trumps 3 marriages with kids from each one is the norm now. His comments about Rosie being ugly were mean, and the only reason he gets model type women is becasue he is rich, it certainly cn't be his personality.

Rosie may have crossd the line, but I don't think she said anything that many of us was not thinking.

Just an oppinion
-L
Old 12-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I think the whole situation is ugly. But now a days it seems that is the "norm" if someone "ticks" you off and your a big celebrity with lots of money, then you can "say" whatever you want pretty much, or so it seems.

I don't see why there is any reason to go to name-calling. We're not in grade school here. Why can't people talk like adults anymore? I mean why couldn't Trump have called up his "friend" Barbara Walters and scheduled to come on to the View, to give his point of "View" and discuss it with Rosie? Why does it have to be so ugly?

Just my opinions.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:43 AM   #13  

Miss America means nothing to anyone.....

Rosie and Trump deserve each other....too bad so many of us are willing to give them the audience they both want.

Liz
Old 12-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberD View Post
I got drunk plenty of times when I was 20. That doesn't make me a bad person and that doesn't make Tara a bad person... it makes her a normal 20 year old. I don't really know anything about Tara 'cept she apparently likes to party, but I'm sure in all other aspects she's a perfectly nice, well grounded acceptable role model.

I haven't heard what rosie and trumpy are saying about each other, i've purposefully avoided it...
Amber D, underage drinking, drug abuse, kissing teenagers, making out with men, women and tenagers IS NOT NORMAL FOR ANYONE!
Girls who were half a pound overwight were eliminated from the contest but she gets to keep her crown! If underage driking and doing all the above things is normal for teenagers in US, i would be OK if my kids were NOT NORMAL...
Closed Thread