Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-03-2006, 03:07 AM   #1  

Default Help, I can't find the calorie count anywhere for malted milk powder!

I want to make a malt with just carb countdown chocholate milk and malt powder, but I have no idea if this would even be a "healthy" shake because I have no idea how many calories are in malt powder. Anyone have an idea per tablespoon?
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Doesn't the malt powder have nutritional info on the label?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #3  
LLV

Yes, it should be on the package. However, I have malted milk power (Ovaltine brand) and there are 80 calories in 4 tablespoons.

20 cals a tablespoon.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #4  

^Thank you! But no, the nurtition is not on the lable. Its just a huge tin of plain malted milk powder that I bought from an ice cream shop, and all it lists are ingredients.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #5  
Surreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen
Its just a huge tin of plain malted milk powder that I bought from an ice cream shop, and all it lists are ingredients.
Are you planning a party?

I love malted milk, but I've never seen a sugar free version. I'd take a guess that it contains a lot of extra calories.

Maybe you can donate it to a shelter or something, so you won't be tempted.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #6  
it's always something

I tend to agree with carnie on this, DairyQueen. Having a big tin of malted milk mix around can't be a good thing. Look at it like this - What if the tin contains several thousand calories worth of mix. Drinking it all will mean you may gain a pound or two of fat. This is why I only buy a small cone of ice cream somewhere instead of buying a half gallon carton at the supermarket, so I won't be tempted to eat more than I should. "Buy a tub, eat a tub" Maybe you can get rid of the ice cream shop size tin of malted milk powder. If you crave a malted, to go the ice cream shop and order just one small serving, and enjoy it as a special treat.

Good luck
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote