Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #1  
Crazy Canadian

S/C/G: 300~217~150

Question Chicken Rut!! Crockpot ideas??

Hi guys! Ok chicken has to be my favorite meat..not only is it low in fat and carbs but high in protien. I'm on a low carb diet (carbs are my enemy ) and am looking for new ways to switch up my chicken. Now to let you know I usually use frozen chicken (not fresh) and I generally only defrost it in the microwave a few minutes as needed to usually pan fry. Does anyone know of any good chicken recipes? I can leave the chicken in the fridge overnight to defrost in order to use it in the crockpot...any ideas (crockpot or other) would be great. Thanks!
SweetTreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #2  
it's always something

Man alive, I need to get my eyes checked. I thought you were posting a recipe for chicken butts

Our Weight Watchers forum has a category for crockpot recipes that has some good ones for chicken.

We don't have many crockpot recipes in our recipe section on the main site, but we do have a large collection of poultry recipes that might be helpful
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:11 PM   #3  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

lol i just had to laugh at that Those recipe's are excellent in that section tried a few myself!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #4  
Crazy Canadian

S/C/G: 300~217~150

Thanks alot suzanne, I'll check those links out. Im new here and there's just so muuch to go through! And um no..no chicken butts here lol
SweetTreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #5  

Default Makeover Butter Roasted Chicken

Hey all! I am new here but so far I love this site!! There is so much great information. Thanks to all of you!!
Here is a chicken recipe that I got out of a Light and Tasty Cookbook sometime last year. It looks like a lot of work but it's really not bad-I swear! It is totally worth it too. It is one of our favorites-and my husband and daughter even like it. I usually just use chicken thighs or drumsticks when they are on sale. Hope you like it!

Makeover Butter Roasted Chicken:

1 broiler/fryer (2-1/2 lbs), cut up and skin removed
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp butter or stick margarine
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Palce chicken in an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan;bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 325 for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until juices run clear, basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutritional Info:
One Serving (5 ounces cooked skinless chicken) equals:
281 calories, 13 g fat (4 g sat fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium,
4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein
Diabetic exchange:5 lean meat.
HungryMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I chopped my mostly defrosted chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and started cooking them in a nonstick dutch oven (with a tbsp of olive oil). When the were mostly done I added two sliced onions. When they were getting soft, I added one red and one green pepper (cut into bite sized pieces). When that started to bubble again, I put it all in the crockpot to take to a potluck.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote