Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Default Do you pack your lunches? what do you eat?

Anybody always pack a lunch for work or school ect...?
My dh wants me to pack him lunches for work he used to just order something at fast food joint's but now he's decided he want to start bringing lunch, I am a stay at home mom so Im used to just making lunch at home and chowing, what should i send with him? were just trying to eat healthier and he is not always around a microwave so i need healthy ideas for both, Im so clueless thanks for helping!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #2  

Cool Lipton Beef mushroon soup

Do you ladies know where I can buy some of this soup? I've searched everywhere!

thanks
HollyJo
HollyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #3  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

How about some lean turkey breast on whole wheat bread with lettuce and tomato (pack the veggies in separate baggies so they don't make your bread soggy)? Cut up raw veggies are always good, as well as fruit, even dried fruit. Some whole grain crackers, string cheese, hard-cooked eggs, LF yogurt, granola bars, nuts...
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #4  

Lunch ideas:
Only applies if you have a microwave--leftovers in safe containers, Cedarlane frozen veggie burritos, Indian chicken entrees from Trader Joe's

a baked potato and salsa

Laughing Cow light cheese wedges, Wasa crackers and fruit

Cans of low sodium V8

Cottage cheese and raisins

Perdue turkey strips on top of a salad (also canned tuna put on top of a salad)
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:23 PM   #5  

I like the lean turkey breast idea for school...I might ask my mom to make chicken breast (spiced) for school.
Claire de Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:42 PM   #6  

My personal favorite is whole grain pita bread stuffed with hummus, fresh spinach, goat cheese, grilled chicken or beef or even salmon (great if you have leftover meat or fish), tomatoes, and flax seed or flax seed oil. Onions and/or avocado optional. Goes great with a side of yogurt mixed with fruit and unsweetened iced tea.
HelloJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I brought today: Tuna (flavored on the go with crackers), 10 cherry tomatoes, 4 strawberries, 1/2 cup diced pineapple, oatmeal (with wheat germ on top), and chocolate milk. Sometimes I bring some carrots, meal bars (for snacks..lol), yogurt, v8 juice, sugar snap peas (ready to eat), raw veggies, any type of fruit. You can sandwhiches (wheat and turkey preferably). One day I made chkn salad with canned chicken (98%FF), chopped onions, sunflower seeds and light mayo. I ate it straight. All of these ideas seem girly to me so you may have to adapt for whatever he likes. The clue for me is a main entree and up to 2 sides plus CHOICES for snacks (and the oatmeal is for breakfast).
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #8  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I alternate between wraps (usually chicken, veggies & hummus) yogurt/granola/fruit and leftovers
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #9  

I take my dinner to work 6 days a week, I put what ever I made for the week in a thermos, if you put really hot water in it for a bit right before you load it up, it will stay hot for 8 hours. I take soups, chili, chicken and rice dishes, whatever you need hot. Love it, hope this helps!
Chari
surfer376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #10  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Great ideas gals, i'll show them to my husband! thanks!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Lightbulb

I actually work at a fast-food resturaunt, but I bring lunches to work maybe 5out of 6 days that I work. I make sure that when I shop, I have a variety of things that I can grab on the run. Like yogurt, Campbell's Soup At Hand (love the tomato), lots and lots of fruit and veggies, and I cook up wild/brown rice and put tuna or salmon on top, and I also sometimes use Lipton's Sidekicks.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #12  
I restore Teeth.

I like 1 slice of bread folded over with hummus and lettuce, and a cup of yogurt. Thats usually my pick and it gets me all excited for lunch!!!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

In my breakfast/lunch bag today I had

boiled eggs (organic with 300mg of Omega Fatty Acid (?) included)
carrots
breakfast cookie
yogurt
chocolate milk
60 oz water
banana
1/2 cup diced pineapple (in own juice)
black olives

VERY odd combo I know, but I was in a rush and picked up whatever I could throw in my bag (without thinking about flavor combos).
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #14  
Egy Kis Lany

I like to just cook double what I normally would at supper the night before and pack it for lunch. It always tastes a little diferent the next day...

Or I would take leftovers and alter it just a little for th enext day if that is too monotonous.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote