Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 11:12 AM   #1  

Unhappy Deceptive Advertising or Fitday error?

Hi Everyone,

New here, but got a question. I use fitday.com to track my intake/output every day, and today due to poor planning stopped at McDonald's for breakfast. Tried to make a good choice....breakfast burritoes and apple/grape salad without nuts. When I took the nutrition info off of McD's website, it listed each burrito as 300 cal. I put it in as a custom food on fitday, and OOPS! fitday will not let me enter it because according to their calculations, each burrito should have 496!!!! cal. They show their formula, and say the calories do not equal the nutrition content.

Here's what McD's says:
Cal 300
Fat 16, 6 of which is Saturated and 1 is Trans
Chol. 175
Sodium 760
Carbs 76
Fiber 1
Protein 13

So who's right? I really did try, knowing it would be heavy on the carbs and fat.....but a 1200 calorie breakfast which trying to be good? Ouch.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #2  
Meg

Hmmm, when I checked the McD's web site, it lists the burrito as having 26 grams of carbs - not 76. I think Fitday would agree that it all adds up if you substitute 26 for 76. Hope that helps!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:08 PM   #3  

Default Hmmm....or Human Error, should've figured!

Yup, your're right. It comes out perfectly with 26 carbs. Still bad....but not AS bad, I guess, with careful planning the rest of the day.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #4  

I kept having trouble with fitday because I was entering the number of fat calories as fat grams. Oddly enough, the PC version seems to allow one to enter all the crazy numbers one wishes too.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

I had the apple and walnut salad from McD today also, I was shocked to see that it was 310 calories! With the candied walnuts alone being 130.
It was very good though!
Old 05-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #6  
it's always something

I was just shocked to see it came with candied walnuts instead of regular ones
Old 05-13-2005, 05:33 PM   #7  

Breakfast at mcdonalds for me when I HAVE to go there...

An egg mcmuffin without cheese (I actually have gotten it with no egg before too I dont like the yolk in the egg) and a fruit parfait is 400calories total and 10g of fat. I've also just gotten the egg mcmuffin or fruit parfait by itself. Have you tried the apple dippers and low fat caramel dip? Its only 100 calories.. a lot less than the fruit salad.

Truthfully, of all the fast food restaurants, it is the best place to go for breakfast. They DO have those parfaits, apples, etc already there even in the mornings.
Closed Thread