Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #16  
making friends

Smile

Here is a review of diet drinks I have a few: but let me start by saying I hate Diet soda but I am finding some good ones:
1. Cherry Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper-AWESOME
2. Fresca- crisp and refreshing
3. Minute Maid Light Limonade- 15 calories a serving and really tasty
Old 04-29-2005, 08:02 AM   #17  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I am currently wolfing a can of DIET DR PEPPER, I've noticed they've brought out DR PEPPER Z which I guess is just the same, but the shop had run out!

I bought it to stave off the munchies, but it didn't help cos I bought a Dime bar at the same time! Only 155 cals in the Dime bar though, so a reasonable treat!
Old 04-29-2005, 08:11 AM   #18  
mom5kidz

*butting in*
Fresca is awesome but it has a TON of sodium in it, which is horrible for water retention, so I try to stay clear of it.

I don't like Splenda - I've been away from sugar, since '92, and hate anything sweet now. I accidentally put a pack of Splenda in my tea, once, and just about threw up when I took a sip. ARG!

I prefer Diet Pepper over everything but can just about drink anything diet. I think Diet Cheerwine (something they sell in the Carolina's) is my favorite "once in a while" drink. It's different.

So I drink water, unsweet tea or a diet drink. LOL when I go to a restaurant I just tell them "diet whatever" since I don't know if they have Pepsi or Coke.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:42 AM   #19  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerrain
I am currently on slim4life and before the program i was a devoted diet dr pepper fan. untill i learn that the carmel color in all dark sodas (even diet cola ext) slows weight loss!!!! I was so sad, but diet sprite and other clear diet sodas are fine , in maderation of course
Link please...since caramel coloring is in a LOT of foods (not just colas) and moreover has been in use for over a century, I wouldn't worry too much about it, personally.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:41 AM   #20  

My husband just tried the new Diet Coke w/ Splenda and really likes it because it tastes like regular Coke. My personal favorite is Diet A&W Root Beer - no caffiene
Old 05-23-2005, 08:11 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeckett
Has anyone tried the pepsi one with splenda?
I LOVE Diet Pepsi w/ Splenda. To me, it tastes like the regular cola. I could never get used to diet sodas of any kind though Diet Dr. Pepper and Barq's Diet Root Beer are the best non-Splenda diet sodas.

The previous version of Pepsi One was one of the better diet sodas as well, but the new version is MUCH BETTER.

I saw that Diet Coke has a version now w/ Splenda, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:23 PM   #22  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Diet Pepsi and Mountain Dew Code Red

I've tried the Coke with Splenda, but I haven't seen the Pepsi yet. Can't wait because I prefer Pepsi. Pepsi with lime is a nice change, but I am absolutely addicted to Mountain Dew Code Red. I had to go "off" of it for a couple weeks (where I drank only Walmart's Crystal Light clones - very good by the way. I think they dissolve better than Crystal Light).

I bought a case of Code Red yesterday, and am limiting myself to one can a day during the week and one or two on the weekends (We were going through two cases per week before). I love cherry flavor though and I also love Wild Cherry Pepsi, Cherry Coke, and Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. I think the cherry flavor masks the diet taste, especially in the Code Red and the Wild Cherry Pepsi).

Uh oh, getting a craving, but since I had my can today, I'll get some lemonade. I found a recipe in a Joanne Lund Healthy Exchanges cookbook for "old fashioned lemonade." It doesn't taste diet to me either, and is so much better than plain Crystal Light.

It does sound a bit weird though (try it at least once though because it is wonderful). You make 2 qts of your diet Lemonade as usual, but then in a blender or food processor you grind 1/8 - 1/3 lemon (peels and seed and all) with a little of the lemonade until it's liquified. Then you pour it back into the pitcher.

I buy several lemons and puree them with a little lemonade all at once, and then put the pureed fruit in ice cube trays and freeze. That way, I don't have to mess with the food processor every time I make lemonade. When I make the lemonade, I put the powedered drink mix in the pitcher, add just a little hot water (dissolves the podwe better). Stir it up and add ice cubes equal to about 1/4 of a lemon. Add a little more hot water, just to cover the ice cubes. And stir to get the ice cubes starting to melt. I then add cold water to fill the pitcher.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #23  
The Supreme Potato

I'm also a big fan of Diet Code Red, it's probably my favorite diet soda, but it's sometimes hard to find around here in Seattle. My latest favorite diet drink is the Diet Pepsi Slurpee from 7-11, which uses this weird sweetner called "tagatose" from this company called "Spherix". I don't taste much of a strange aftertaste at all. I used to be a big fan of the Coke flavored slurpees, and the Diet Pepsi ones taste nearly as good.

spud
Old 05-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #24  

I'm s huge diet soda fan..since my folks are diabetic i was raised drinking diet.

I can't stand the splenda one though....tastes like "real" pop! I'm so used to drinking diet that I can taste the difference, and sugared soda doesn't taste as good.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:57 AM   #25  
A Goddess Always

Okay I started drinking diet soda around the first of the year and I am addicted to diet coke and diet cherry coke. So now apparently I have to try all these other ones lol. I used to drink Fresca now I can take or leave it but since I am a firm Coke junkie (that sounds so bad lol) I have to have coke no matter what. What's everyone think of Crystal Light I've never tried it but I thought of buying some of those little packet deals because I usually am drinking bottled water and I figured it would be a good change of flavors and keep me drinking water.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:20 AM   #26  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Crystal Light

I sure wish we had 7-11 around here, I love slushie drinks.

Crystal Light is good, but Walmart's are much better. They come in most of the same flavors and a couple never seen in Crystal Light (cherry, peach and grape). Walmart also has the little single serving packs that you pour into water bottles. Walmart also has a 2 qt drink bottle with a handle and squirt top, so I can make the whole tub and drink it all day.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:51 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Spud, I just discovered those Diet Pepsi Slurpi's (spelling?) too at 7-11! For me it's a real treat. Do they have the same amount of calories as a normal Diet Pepsi? It's like a treat that I love and I can have it if it's o calories and no real sugar.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:41 PM   #28  
The Supreme Potato

Heya Musicqal, I'm pretty sure they have some calories, I think there is some rule that if your product has 5 or less calories per servings you can *say* that it has zero calories. When I read about the sweetner in the Diet Pepsi slurpee they did say that it did have some calories, but much less than sugar...

Anyway, I love them too, but I have learned to stay away from the huge slurpee containers, I find that that trying to drink a large one will make my stomach pretty rumbly, and sometimes it will kinda even hurt...

spud
Old 06-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #29  
Meg

The Diet Pepsi slurpees aren't bad - 7 calories per 12 oz - but calories in the Crystal Lite ones blow me away:

Crystal Light Raspberry Ice Slurpee
40 oz Slurpee - 170 cal/0 g fat/38 g carbs
28 oz Slurpee - 120 cal/0 g fat/26 g carbs
22 oz Slurpee - 90 cal/0 g fat/21 g carbs
12 oz Slurpee - 50 cal/0 g fat/11 g carbs
Old 06-05-2005, 04:29 AM   #30  
A Goddess Always

Okies I tried Crystal Light in those on-the-go packets. OMG Yum! I also tried Diet Coke with Splenda. Big Yum! (I have to have a little Coke everyday or I get cranky). I also really like Aquafina sparkling water. Which if you don't like plain soda water it does come in berry and lemon-lime.
Closed Thread