Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Healthy vs. Fattening

Sometimes people get really confused about food, specifically something that because a food is calorific that it must be unhealthy. These foods include avocados, peanuts, eggs, cheese, etc.

I read loads of people think that pizza is unhealthy. I can only imagine they mean the take out pizzas that are greasy and full of "melting cheese." I myself make my own dough, my own sauce, load it with veggies, and put fresh mozzarella on it. When it's out of the oven I'm known to load it with fresh basil and an arugula salad right on top. Nothing unhealthy about that.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:46 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

When I was in Italy they served "rocket salad" right on top of the pizza with lots of yummy olive oil. I love salad right on the pizza, so good.

Edited to add: I think people can think of foods as unhealthy if they have a problem eating them in healthy amounts -- and it can be easy to go a bit crazy with some high-calorie things like olive oil. Doesn't make the food bad, but I do have to at least pay attention to how much I'm eating because I do adore the stuff and can go a wee bit overboard. I mean, I love evoo on almost everything, same with avocado, so I at least have to pay attention to what I'm doing with it. I tend to pay less attention to how much cucumber I'm eating, on the other hand, or broccoli.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 01-08-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

When I say pizza is unhealthy personally.. I mean the take-out kind. Like pizza hut, which happens to be the only kind I've been able to get kiddo to eat.

I do recognize the home-made stuff is healthy, and even include a version of it as part of my eating plan You're right though, about certain foods. A few years back I use to think peanut butter was unhealthy, or bread.. but really a lot of it is how it's prepared and how much sugar is added to it. The foods alone aren't the problem.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote