Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 01:46 PM   #1  

Default Confused about cal intake

I'm a little confused on how many cals I should be eating. For example, what is TOO MANY in one meal? I look at a can of coke and it has the same amount as a bowl of grits... so what's the difference if I drink the Coke instead of eat the grits? Or vice versa...

Is there a magical calorie number I should be shooting for per meal? Per day? I am lost.

I really like the recipes I have found here at the 3fc website. I printed several off today and am going to try the Skillet Chicken pot pie, only I am substituting turkey for chicken. (we got a bunch of turkey for free this summer).

I'm new to 3fc. Found y'all through someone at familycorner.com

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!
Old 09-06-2002, 02:26 PM   #2  

Thanks Monique.

Good point. I am really trying to break my habit of drinking coke every day. I was drinking 4-5 coke's a day, which isn't good... ALOT of empty cals. And I was sitting on my butt alot, so now I am cutting out the Coke and walking and exercising, and hopefully it won't be long till I lose my 10 or so pounds. I just wish my weight would stop fluctuating!
Old 09-06-2002, 08:22 PM   #3  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

i don't know if this will help, but you can go to www.fitday.com and input your body stats - height/weight etc. along with some factors about your fitness level and it will compute your calorie needs for the day...if i remember right, it also tells you how many calories you have to eat to lose a pound. it's a great site for keeping track of calories & it's free. good luck!!!
Old 09-07-2002, 09:22 AM   #4  

Thanks Gringa! I actually have that site down to visit, but went here first and haven't made it to the other yet!!
Closed Thread