Salmon???? - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #16  

Default Barbecued Salmon

Here's another good salmon recipe. It's really great for the summer but since it's still hot as heck here in Cali, this would be perfect! With an indoor grill, you could do this year-round, no matter where you live. This is another recipe from the Quick & Easy South Beach Diet Cookbook, page 164. Bon appetit!!!

Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes

The South Beach Barbecue Sauce is one of our favorite condiments. It's high in flavor and low in sugar - a hard-to-find combination in most store-bought brands. The rich texture of salmon is a perfect match.

4 (6-ounce0 salmon fillets
1/2 cup South Beach Barbecue Sauce, divided (page 207)
Vegetable oil, for grill
Salt and freshly fround black pepper

Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Season fish with salt and pepper and generously brush top with 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce.

Brush grill with oil. Place fish, sauce side down, on grill; cook for 3 minutes. Brush top with remaining sauce, flip, and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from grill. Serve warm.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition at a Glance:

Per Serving: 330 calories, 20g fat, 4g saturated fat, 34g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 330mg sodium
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #17  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I love salmon and my DH hates it. I started cooking it in my richard simmons steamer and now both my DH and DD can't get enough. They think its to fishy when I bake or grill it, and when I steam it there's no smell in my house.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #18  

My whole family loves Salmon.

I have found the way they like it cooked best is to put it on a baking sheet and sprinkle it with lemon juice, garlic, a little salt and dill. I then bake it just like that on 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes if thawed depending on the thickness of the pieces of salmon.

If your family needs a sauce for it I sometimes mix horseradish with fat free sour cream, a little lemon juice or lime juice and dill. When I am feeling really fancy I'll throw some chopped cucumber in the sauce as well.

Serve it with any sides that your family likes. We usually have a salad and creamed spinach with it.
Diana

Last edited by DianaG; 09-21-2008 at 11:05 AM.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #19  
carinna

This thread makes me want to go out and buy salmon for dinner tonight.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:44 AM   #20  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

spooky, i had salmon tonight! To make my salmon you will need:

Salmon (duh!)
Seasonings (you couls use salt (i like rock salt instead of the normal table salt), pepper, honey or olive oil, herbs, etc)
Wood chips
Chicken wire
An empty biscuit tin
A BBQ

Put the woodchips in the bottom of the biscuit tin, and the chicken wire on top (but still inside the tin). Season your salmon and put on top of the chicken wire. Put the lid on the tin, and put the tin on the BBQ and heat it up. Your salmon will smoke nicely Make sure you make some holes in the lid of the biscuit tin, so the smoke can escape. Cooking time will vary depending on how thick your salmon is. Check it every now and again, using oven gloves because the tin will be hot. And enjoy I usually have it with a salad and some pasta with basil pesto
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote