Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Unhappy Vanilla Coke Zero

Anyone else try it yet? I was SO excited when I came to work and saw it in the fridge!! I was jumping up and down --- before the start of my journey, I LOVED Vanilla Coke -- it's been my favorite soft drink hands down EVER. So of course, after a bittersweet goodbye, we parted ways (and then I think they took it off the market?) So I popped open the can, and I have to say, I was bitterly disappointed. I thought it was going to be fantastic, because I LOVE regular Coke Zero, but it didn't, and frankly I didn't care for it all. It just tastes like the Black Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke without the black cherry. I think I may just get some sugar free vanilla syrup and add it in the Coke Zero.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:03 PM   #2  

Pepsi Jazz drinks are very good.
1. Black Cherry Vanilla
2. Strawberries and Creme
3. Carmel

I like that sugar free vanilla syrup. I bought vanilla, carmel, and raspberry to put in my coffee.

Last edited by GrandmaBetty; 05-18-2007 at 10:19 PM.
GrandmaBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #3  
Meg

Bummer, Harpo! I really dislike that fakey Black Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke too, so I'll skip this. I do love my Cherry Coke Zero though.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #4  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

MMMMMMM.....Diet Cherry Coke is my faaaaav! I love Diet Vanilla Coke, I guess it just depends. I've never been a drinker of regular soda, always diet, so I guess maybe I'm used to it?
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #5  

The worse drinks are the store brand diet, but in a pinch I do drink them.
betty
Old 05-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #6  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Weird, I recently tried the vanilla zero and LOVED it. I don't know what they did for the zero sodas, but they're delish!
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I recently tried the Diet Pepsi Cappucino - can we say, NASTY?! Icky icky yucky poo! I normally will drink pretty much anything diet, but I'm going to have to draw the line at that one.

Oh, and LadyFirelight? Diet Coke is based on the formula for "new Coke" - if you remember that? Coke Zero is a diet soda based on the formula for "classic Coke."
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #8  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

I only drink Diet Coke if I have to, I just don't like the taste. Now diet cherry cake that used to be my favorite! Now that I've tried the Coke Zero and the Cherry Coke Zero those are my ultimate favs!!! Aren't the zero's made with splenda? Isn't that the difference between diet coke??
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:04 PM   #9  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

We love Diet Pepsi Jazz - the caramel one is the best for vanilla Coke lovers like me. It has a really rich flavor. Alas, I will have to live vicariously through you as I have opted to drop caffiene from my diet!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #10  

I can't give up caffeine. I am drinking coffee as I type. But I am drinking less then I was.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Both the Diet Coke and Coke Zero are made with aspartame and acesulfamine-K. Not a Splenda in sight, although I too had heard rumors that Coke would be coming out with a Splenda-sweetened soda. . .the difference, like I said, is whether it's based on the classic Coke formula or the ill-fated "new Coke" formula.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bee View Post
Both the Diet Coke and Coke Zero are made with aspartame and acesulfamine-K. Not a Splenda in sight, although I too had heard rumors that Coke would be coming out with a Splenda-sweetened soda. . .the difference, like I said, is whether it's based on the classic Coke formula or the ill-fated "new Coke" formula.
I don't know if it's on the shelf now, but Coke did have a splenda sweetened version of Diet Coke. I didn't like it -- I do like other splenda sweetened soft drinks though. I just really never have liked diet coke.

~~

I think I rejected the vanilla coke zero because it wasn't exactly the same as my beloved Vanilla Coke. It's like when my favorite cat died, and I got a new one, I loved him, but it just wasn't the same.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote