Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #1  

Default Will someone please help me?

I am confused about how many calories I should eat a day to lose weight. There are so many websites out there and I am losing my mind trying to figure this out. I hope someone out there more knowledgable than me can help me out.

I work out 5 days a week for 1.5 hrs each day (cardio/strength training). I weigh 165. I am 5'4". I am a 32 year old female. I want to lose 2 pounds per week. How many calories should I eat per day?

Would love to get your feedback!
sophia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:42 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

Everyone is different so there is no perfect magic formula that will work for everyone. I'm 5'9'' and I work out about as much as you and my goal is to lose 2 pounds a week as well and my trainer recommended I eat 1500-1700 calories per day. I try to stay closer to 1500 because I like to see faster results (haha who doesn't!?), but sometimes I'm hungry and eat a little more. Unless you are under a doctors care you shouldn't go below 1200 calories cause then it's too hard to get all the nutrients and protein you need. I don't know if any of this helps but hopefully it gives you a better idea! I'm sure more people will respond so you will be able to put all the advice together to find out what will work best for you! Good luck!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote