Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #1  

Default skinny cow?

are these actually any good, it says less can 3% fat but is there something nasty lurking inside them.
i love mint ice-cream and as they have been reduced in my local tesco i thought they might be nice to have as a treat every now and then when i get a chocolate craving.
does anyone recommend them?
razzyraquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

They are actually pretty tasty.

I find that the best way to have ice cream and treats in my house is to have them in individual portions. Not sure what kind of weight loss plan you're using, but I think the skinny cows have 140-150 calories each and are lowfat, so they are a pretty good dessert option. I also buy individual portion cups of ice cream and rainbow sherbet (they are a 1/2 cup serving and 120-150 calories) and slim-a-bear fudge bars, all so I can have little calorie controlled treats at my disposal.

Some people find that having such treats in the house means they will overeat them. If you find yourself eating more than one skinny cow, for example, you might want to limit having them in the house.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #3  

Honestly, I can't stand Skinny Cow products. They have a weird taste and texture to me. I'd rather opt for real ice cream once a month than eat these things.
simone1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

I LOVE Skinny Cow and I have an individual serving at 140 calories every night. I look forward to it all day!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2.5"

I didn't really like skinny cow too much. But then again the only flavor they had here was strawberry shortcake which isn't one of my favorites. I just thought they had kinda a strange texture... I prefer actual ice cream/frozen yogurt.
sakuya3834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I like Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches although the vanilla is a rather ice-milk like flavor than a true vanilla. The size of the treat and the calorie savings are worth the small sacrifice in flavor. What I'm trying to say is, some days I feel like I want to eat a big 'treat' and will opt for the "diet" dessert, other days I want the real deal and will have a small 1/2 cup of full fat ice cream. It just depends on how I feel.

One ice cream bar that I really enjoy is the Healthy Choice chocolate fudge bars--they're big on size and flavor but low on fat and cals.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #7  

I realised that I enjoy icecream much more if I go out to have one in an icecream place! (TYBY, Pinkberry and Penguin's place are my absolute fav with frozen yogurts with fat free and sugar free options and lots of toppings!!!)

I dont really enjoy icecream at home anymore and prefer going out for one every 3-4 days!
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

I love Skinny Cow -- especially the mint-chocolate sandwiches! I have to be careful about bingeing on them, especially at my TOM, but as far as low cal ice cream goes, those are my favorites. The WW ice cream sandwiches, to me, are NOT worth the money or calories but I'll pay for the Skinny Cows every time!
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:51 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I love ice cream sandwiches but I can eat a whole box in one sitting. I no longer have ice cream in the house.

When I do get a craving for ice cream, I head to mcdonalds for their soft serve ice cream in a cup. It is low fat and doesn't have very many calories at all compared to other ice creams.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Nelie - I am so with you on the McD's ice cream. The cone adds very few calories, too, so I usually get a cone and it is super satisfying.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote