Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:49 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default Help! I'd like some info on the WATP video.

Hi everybody! I was just wondering, I've been seeing a lot of you ladies do a video called WATP. I was just wondering if you need a treadmill to do this or not, because I don not have one and will not be getting one. What level of fitness is it for? Are there different ones and which would you recommend for a beginner? How long are they? Is there room to increase activity level? Thanks so much, any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-22-2006, 10:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'10"

WATP = WALK AWAY THE POUNDS BY LESLIE SANDSONE. - YOU NEED NO TREADMILL TO DO THESE WORKOUTS - THE WHOLE PREMESIS BEHIND THEM IS THAT YOU CAN WALK ANYWHERE BETWEEN 1-5 MILES IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR LIVINGROOM WITH NO EQUIPMENT NEEDED. WELL I GUESS THERE ARE SOME OF HER VIDEOS THAT REQUIRE DIFFERENT PROPS - THERER IS A WALK AWAY THE POUNDS FOR ABS WHICH REQUIRES A "SPECIAL BELT" (MY SISTER LOVED THE ABD SEREIES, I WAS NOT A FAN, I HAVE SOME BACK ISSUES AND THE BELT JUST KILLED MY BACK) ALSO THERE IS A STREGTHENING VIDEO WHICH REQUIRES A STRETCHY EXERCISE BAND - THE GOOD NEWS IS TOUGH THAT I THINK IN ALL OF HER VIDEOS SHE HAS SOMEONE WHO WORKS OUT WITH OUT ANY EQUIPMENT TO SHOW YOU HOW TO DO THAT.
OK I'M RAMBLING I'LL GET BACK TO YOUR QUESTIONS - LESLIE IS A WONDERFULL BEGININERS - EXPERIENCED EXERCISE. MOST OF HER VIDEOS COME IN 1, 2, OR 3 MILE VHS/DVD, THERE ARE A FEW THAT HAVE COME OUT RECENTLY WHICH HAVE MORE MILES ON THEM. THE ONE MILE IS FOR BEGGINERS AND THEY INCREASE IN INTENSITY. ALL OF THE VIDEOS HAVE A LITTLE TRACKER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN THAT TELL YOU HOW LONG YOU'VE WALKED (1 MILE, 1.5 MILE ETC) SO YOU CAN USE THEM FOR AS LONG OF A WALK AS YOU WANT.
THE ONE THING ABOUT LESLIE IS THAT HER COMMENTARY STARTS TO GRATE ON YOUR NERVES VERY QUICKLY - SO AFTER DOING HER WORKOUTS A FEW TIMES AND GETTING THE HANG OF IT - YOU MAY WANT TO TURN THE VOLUME DOWN AND WALK TO YOUR OWN TUNES. OH ALSO HER STEPS AND MOVES ARE REALLY EASY IT DOESN'T TAKE ANYONE WITH TONS OF CORDINATION TO GET MOVES DOWN (WHICH IS GOOD FOR ME) HOPE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS. YOU CAN FIND LESLIE SANSONE WALK AWAY THE POUNDS IN PRETTY WELL ANY STORES TARGET, KMART, MEIJER WHATEVER.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:37 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

Thanks! That was definitely quite helpful, I think I'm gonna try it.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #4  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

EviesMom gave a great description. I think the WATP are great. Our library has lots of different WATP tapes. You might try that first to see what you think of them.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300ish/206/150

Height: 5"2

I love Leslie and all her watp workouts! I picked one of her tapes/dvds up when I was around 300ish, worked out with them and they worked great. Now at around 210, I still used them and they are still working great!
Old 10-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

I am real excited and think I may have found something that I can actually do.

Does anybody have a specific one or two that they can recommend? I looked on target.com and there were lots of them. Thanks guys.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #7  
Releasing the inner hiker

I like the WATP Express videos and you can get the one mile and the two mile on the same DVD. The one mile is approximately 20 minutes, while the two mile is 30 minutes. You do need a stretchie resistance band with those, but you can do the arm exercises without them if you'd like.

I'm not a fan of any of the 3mile videos, so I tend to do the 4mile and stop at the 2 or 3 mile at this point. I really like these videos, though I agree that somedays I'm not a fan of Leslie's chatter, which is one reason I don't like either 3 mile video.

I just recently purchased the Walk and Kick, which is a 30 minute video as well. It isn't as challenging as most kickboxing videos.

I really like her videos. They have enabled me to get strong enough to go outside and do more hiking, which I live for. I hope you find them worthwhile.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:50 PM   #8  
S / C / G : 235 |207|145

Default I would recommend...

If you're going to shop from Target.com, I would recommend this one...

Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds Express - 1 Mile Easy Walk/Brisk Walk, 2 Miles [DVD]

(I just realized that I shouldn't link to commercial sites, per the rules).

It includes a one mile easy walk and a two mile brisk walk. I bought this one when I was first starting out and I still use them. With these DVD's, you have an option for the easy or the brisk, or you can do the easy and then the brisk for a total of 3 miles. That way you can have a little variety in your work out. Best of luck to you. Let us know what you decide.

P.S. - Looks like Alice & I are on the same page. The link that I posted is for the WATP Express.

Last edited by Usedtobelucky; 10-22-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

The only WATP video I have is the 4 mile "superchallenge". I really like it. I like the chatter. She seems very nice and sincere and a refreshiing change from the freak Denise Austin with that giant smile and "Gooood."

I'm looking for the five mile, but havne't found it in a store yet. I'm in pretty good shape, but these videos are good in that you can make them as challenging as you need them to be depending on how much you put into them.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:27 AM   #10  
Chris, a chick on track!

S/C/G: sz 24/sz 20/sz 14

Default I love the WATP express too!

I wholeheartedly agree with the other posts. I love her videos.

I'd recommend the WATP express kit, it has the 1mile/2 mile DVD, the 3 mile DVD and the "strechie bands" I love the resistance training you can add in with the band, and you can really adjust it to your level. I got mine at BJs wholesale for about $40. You can also find a lot of her videos on eBay.

I've used the videos for about 9 months or so, and you can increase your level with the same videos somewhat. After awhile though I wanted to mix it up a bit more. So I recently got the Walk and Kick and You can do Pilates on eBay for great prices. Then I got the WATP express DVDs for my mom and sister there too.

Good luck, I think you'll really like them.

Last edited by HealthierMe; 10-23-2006 at 01:30 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 11-01-2006, 02:11 AM   #11  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

I love the videos too. I started off with the WATP Deluxe. It has 3 workouts on 1 DVD and got mine off Ebay.I fell in love with them and now I have a large collection. It is addicting.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #12  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

The ones that I started out with, and I've heard several other ladies start with, is the 1 mile get up and get started & the 2 mile high calorie burn. Walmart has both of these on 1 dvd in their Electronics Department, and it's a savings to get both on one dvd. For just starting out, I think these are great!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:43 AM   #13  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

My favorite is the 4 mile Super Challenge. I also have Leslie's Walkblaster and the tapes that come with it which are a good change of pace. The time goes by fast with Leslie and her walking buddies as motivators!

Enjoy!
Cheryl
Old 12-11-2006, 10:32 AM   #14  
In Search of Satisfaction

S/C/G: 190/187/160

Height: 5'7

I use the Super Fat Burning 3 mile dvd . . .it's very easy to follow, with simple moves and great cues. To create more intensity, she has you stepping out further, squatting into the moves, and using light weights. While she promotes the "Walk Away Weights" in the DVD, light hand weights (2 - 3 pounds) can be substituted, just be sure to watch your form.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #15  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for posting this! I was looking at buying some for a Christmas present to myself!!! This has been VERY helpful!!!!!
Closed Thread