Don't care one way or another 2 33.33%
HATE IT (or cancelled) 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #1  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Default PUSH Comments

I saw a couple comments from people who didn't like PUSH and the sisters have stopped blogging about it, so I thought I'd just ask what everybody thought of it? Did you like/love/not care/hate it? Which trainer did you have? Are you still doing it? Is each month really different?
Thanks!
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #2  

Well so far I am not thrilled. Being that I ordered it 17 days ago and it STILL hasn't arrived. I really hope they extend my "free" period a bit because even if it shows up today, I'll only be getting two weeks free. Suzanne was going to email her contactat PUSH and have her get a hold of me, but so far no word.

I picked Bob Harper for the Personal Trainer and Violet Zaki for the Cardio Trainer - Cardio Combat. I need intervals!!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:57 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I actually thought it was interesting at first. Only problem is that they start by "building your core" which is all well and good but a lot of the exercises use your own body weight. So I started out on level 2, thought it was difficult but doable. I didn't progress to session 2 on level 2 but I waited until I got my second month DVD which was level 1. Well a lot of the exercises again use your body weight. The exercises that didn't use my body weight were pretty easy. I also put down that I had knee issues and some exercises really strained my knee (in both the first and second month). So then I called them. I wanted to see if it was possible to get a level 1 month 1 DVD but they wouldn't do it for me.

I really liked some of the exercises and I liked the format. I think the exercises strained my knee a bit too much which is one reason I stopped. I wanted to start again but then I decided I can do my own weight exercises at home and I'm really interested in doing cardio at home. Their cardio workouts were pretty fun but not worth the 25/month. I think I am better off just doing my own thing in the end.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #4  
it's always something

Jennifer and I are still using ours regularly. Amy had to stop due to a hernia, but will get back to it after she heals.

I like it because it changes enough to keep it interesting. I feel a lot stronger now than I did a few months ago. However, I personally prefer my treadmill for the cardio.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #5  
The Weight's Coming Off!

Anybody else care to comment? I appreciate the input, Thanks!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:43 AM   #6  

My DVD arrived last night.. 17 days in the mail!! Sheesh. Anyway, this morning was my first workout. And the PUSH people were very nice not only had they already sent me a new DVD but they won't send my next shipment until November 4th to give me a real chance to try the program.

I really liked the session with Bob. Not jarring and I really liked the timer on each exercise so if you were struggling you knew you only had a short time left to go. I selected experienced exerciser and didn't have any trouble.. except with those PLANKS!! ugh. The cardio portion I wasn't thrilled with. It was too high impact for me. When I modified the exercises to a lower impact, I didn't get enough of a workout. I need to email them about the low impact cardio workouts and see if those are also at different levels as the training ones are.

So far, I like it a lot.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #7  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I'm cancelling after I get my free 6 months! I enjoyed the cardio workout with Petra Kolber. I could NEVER complete the strength workout with Jon Giswold. I barely got started with the Cardio Yoga workout (I forget who did that one). I'll stick with Leslie Sansone!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #8  
Releasing the inner hiker

I really liked my first PUSH session with Bob and cardio with Petra. I was at a beginner level and stated I had back problems. I (mistakenly) assumed that since I was staying at the same level for month 2, that choosing a different trainer (Mike) wouldn't change the difficulty too much. Boy was I wrong. Mike's sessions were impossible, which left me in tears. I seriously could not do more than 2 exercises on the entire 40 min video! Even the warm-up was impossible...the warm-up!! I thought the "professionals", given my weight and choices, would base workout 2 off of workout 1. Not the case. The program is not consistent between trainers. Bob's level 2 session apparently is completely different than any other trainer's. Of course, how would you know which trainer will be easiest for you? You don't; it is trial and error and not as coordinated as it should be. That disaster coupled with a cardio workout that was too challenging, no more timers nor introductions to the exercises, left me completely annoyed with PUSH.

I called and spoke with a customer service rep about my issues as well as sent an email to Mike. They suspended my account for 1 month to give me time to work on DVD 2 with Mike. But to be truthful, I have such bad feelings/anger towards that program and trainer, that I haven't been able to do it. I'm patiently waiting for month 3 with Bob again.

I have to say, I've never liked strength training, so I started with negative energy towards it. However, I definitely felt stronger and had more success when I was consistently working that program. For example: 13lbs lost in August vs. 6lbs lost in Sept.

I'm still deciding if I will stick to the program after my free 6mth trial ends. Unfortunately, Bob only goes through month 5, so by the time the trial ends, I'll have to do Mike again. Mike at level 6 will probably be ridiculous.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #9  
The Weight's Coming Off!

How did you know Bob only goes through month 5? I couldn't find much info like that on the website.
Thanks all!
Old 10-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #10  
Releasing the inner hiker

The customer representative stated that nugget of info when I called.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I got two of these and absolutely hated them both. I usually can find something positive to say, but I have nothing for these (I'm sorry to be so harsh). I seriously wish I had that money back so I could spend it on a different workout DVD or something else!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #12  
The Weight's Coming Off!

I did get my first one, quite promptly. I dunno, I am going to de-select Petra for cardio on the next one, I find her very annoying.
I DO like the way it is just the trainer in a smallish room like I am in. No class of gorgeous women in perfectly matched spandex outfits.'
I'm not sure yet how I feel about the big lag between exercises, I understand that's how they customize it, but hmmmmmmm.
More after I have done it a few more times.
I did see there's a new TBL workout coming out in Dec with even more variations than last year's so I may just buy that instead in December.